Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2020: Italian GP - Monza (Sep 6) + Mugello (Sep 13)

09-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #441
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Daniil Kvyat speaks : "The car couldn't handle my big b@lls"

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58840.50
      09-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #442
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26678837]SEB : “Is there another restart ?”
Ferrari : “Ok understood”

yco posted one of Seb with his engineer telling him to ''switch to W'' and Seb was telling him ''there is no W'' but so calmly and the engineer was getting all in a muddle almost mixing his words..It's just uncanny how Seb says it and I was in stitches
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #443
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26678899]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
SEB : “Is there another restart ?”

yco posted one of Seb with his engineer telling him to ''switch to W'' and Seb was telling him ''there is no W'' but so calmly and the engineer was getting all in a muddle almost mixing his words..It's just uncanny how Seb says it and I was in stitches
Airplane, the movie....
What's your clearance, Clarence?
What's your vector, Victor?
This is Captain Over, over.
      09-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #444
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
SEB : “Is there another restart ?”

at 0:55 engineer was about the say enjoy the podium but then decided not to almost after saying it or what?
      09-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #445
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58840.50
      09-14-2020, 02:04 AM   #446
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Ricciardo gesticulating to the crowd, he's so funny with that beard,I'd guess that's in Hollywood.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 03:07 AM   #447
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Daniil Kvyat speaks : "The car couldn't handle my big b@lls"
sometimes Kvyat's talks remind me such pictures..

forgot to add.. better to pay respect to Schumacher's legacy.. even if i never been a fan of Schumacher.. he deserve it.. sorry for the square video but this highest quality i found with no commentating.. no embed..

and Kimi's talk.. he is a bit grumpy recently but such a talk is ugly..

or his engineer doesnt understand almost anything he says and he cant stand him anymore..

Last edited by yco; 09-14-2020 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 3
      09-14-2020, 04:25 AM   #448
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
sometimes Kvyat's talks remind me such pictures..

or his engineer doesnt understand almost anything he says and he cant stand him anymore..
*That's really putin in the mirror.
*When Kimi really loses it your better off walking away.
Appreciate 2
yco5720.50
      09-14-2020, 04:51 AM   #449
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According the latest from Honda : As for MAX the issue was electric or software related !
So something electrical they say,there's no way this should happen after last dnf to overheating in Monza. Horner lost it there my friend, as manager I would purge the suspect engine and go for fresh PU in spite of grid drop.
When the engine weakened it was still in 'get you home mode' as Max was trying to get out the gravel but bogged down.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 05:32 AM   #450
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
So something electrical they say,there's no way this should happen after last dnf to overheating in Monza. Horner lost it there my friend, as manager I would purge the suspect engine and go for fresh PU in spite of grid drop.
When the engine weakened it was still in 'get you home mode' as Max was trying to get out the gravel but bogged down.
According the latest from today :

Verstappen suspects F1 engine issue was same as one in Monza !

Max Verstappen believes the Formula 1 engine issue which impacted the start of his Tuscan Grand Prix was the same one which forced him to retire from last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.

Verstappen made a fast start from third on the grid but quickly fell down the order on the run down to Turn 1.

“No, it wasn’t [fixed],” Verstappen said. “Already on the formation lap the engine stalled. Probably the same problem to Monza I guess as it felt a bit similar. I had a good launch, I went around Lewis and then it didn’t accelerate so I lost a lot of speed.”

Verstappen ended the opening lap in the gravel after being hit by the Alfa Romeo of Kimi Raikkonen - an incident which also forced Pierre Gasly to retire and Romain Grosjean to pick up damage.

Reflecting on the incident, he said: “That doesn’t matter, that’s what happens when you get in a situation like that. I would have probably retired anyway. It is what it is.”

Verstappen complained of an engine issue on his way to the grid but team boss Christian Horner confirmed the Dutchman’s lack of power at the start of the race was a completely different issue.

“No, the issue on the grid was something different, Horner said. “It was to do with the rear light, it was nothing to do with the actual power unit but on the formation lap everything looked OK and then suddenly there was this big electrical issue just after the start. He got a great initial launch, he did the hard bit, he was ahead of Lewis.”

Horner believes Verstappen had the pace and tyre management to challenge the Mercedes duo for the victory, had he not retired on the opening lap.

“Enormously frustrating for him because he was really up for it today, you could see we had a good race car,” Horner added. “I don’t think it would have been a walk in the park for Mercedes today.”

So , my friend for the time being it remains a mystery

Appreciate 2
yco5720.50
M5Rick58840.50
      09-14-2020, 05:41 AM   #451
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

this is Max's 6th year with Red Bull F1 only.. i believe after this year if he starts to think to move on it wont be a surprise.. after Lewis retires he ll be in Merc' anyways..
      09-14-2020, 05:49 AM   #452
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According the latest from today :

Verstappen suspects F1 engine issue was same as one in Monza !

Max Verstappen believes the Formula 1 engine issue which impacted the start of his Tuscan Grand Prix was the same one which forced him to retire from last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix.

Verstappen made a fast start from third on the grid but quickly fell down the order on the run down to Turn 1.

“No, it wasn’t [fixed],” Verstappen said. “Already on the formation lap the engine stalled. Probably the same problem to Monza I guess as it felt a bit similar. I had a good launch, I went around Lewis and then it didn’t accelerate so I lost a lot of speed.”

Verstappen ended the opening lap in the gravel after being hit by the Alfa Romeo of Kimi Raikkonen - an incident which also forced Pierre Gasly to retire and Romain Grosjean to pick up damage.

Reflecting on the incident, he said: “That doesn’t matter, that’s what happens when you get in a situation like that. I would have probably retired anyway. It is what it is.”

Verstappen complained of an engine issue on his way to the grid but team boss Christian Horner confirmed the Dutchman’s lack of power at the start of the race was a completely different issue.

“No, the issue on the grid was something different, Horner said. “It was to do with the rear light, it was nothing to do with the actual power unit but on the formation lap everything looked OK and then suddenly there was this big electrical issue just after the start. He got a great initial launch, he did the hard bit, he was ahead of Lewis.”

Horner believes Verstappen had the pace and tyre management to challenge the Mercedes duo for the victory, had he not retired on the opening lap.

“Enormously frustrating for him because he was really up for it today, you could see we had a good race car,” Horner added. “I don’t think it would have been a walk in the park for Mercedes today.”

So , my friend for the time being it remains a mystery
Aha when light comes on in back its anti-stall mode but Max claimed it's what happened at Monza. The Honda techs did an error on this one and I wonder what they did to the engine if anything from the last race. It has all the hallmarks of a loose ground wire to me.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 05:51 AM   #453
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
this is Max's 6th year with Red Bull F1 only.. i believe after this year if he starts to think to move on it wont be a surprise.. after Lewis retires he ll be in Merc' anyways..
Max has plenty of time to move,at 22 years the world is his oyster.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 05:58 AM   #454
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Mate .As you said : Who knows ...

Regarding the HONDA PU failure : Albon's PU went also in anti-stall during the free-practice !
This anti-stall issue got MAX several times last year during the race !

I think this season HONDA pushed it beyond the limits of the PU ...
HONDA-Japan has started a PU and software investigation already yesterday after the race !
They have to figure it out ASAP . They know if this issue continues , MAX will start to look at another horizon ...
Yesterday MAX said after race : I'm done with it ! It was enough....people could get hurt badly by my PU issue !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58840.50
yco5720.50
      09-14-2020, 06:04 AM   #455
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Aha when light comes on in back its anti-stall mode but Max claimed it's what happened at Monza. The Honda techs did an error on this one and I wonder what they did to the engine if anything from the last race. It has all the hallmarks of a loose ground wire to me.
The good news is : If a Honda PU is required . There's "NO" grid penalty for MAX in Russia .

Another article just said : The Honda PU issue is big !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58840.50
      09-14-2020, 06:11 AM   #456
M5Rick
General
Rep

FIA in question with rolling start.

Masi has said that 12 drivers have been warned for panicking and putting lives in danger by flooring it into cars that were cruising in the middle of the pack while a leading driver said the pace car was dragging out the rolling start.
Anyone know the time gap to the pace car switching off it's lights and when Bottas finally bolted,I don't have sky.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 06:13 AM   #457
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The good news is : If a Honda PU is required . There's "NO" grid penalty for MAX in Russia .

Another article just said : The Honda PU issue is big !
That's more like it I know there is a certain amount of 'give' in the engine rules.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 06:45 AM   #458
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Masi has said that 12 drivers have been warned for panicking and putting lives in danger by flooring it into cars that were cruising in the middle of the pack while a leading driver said the pace car was dragging out the rolling start.
Anyone know the time gap to the pace car switching off it's lights and when Bottas finally bolted,I don't have sky.
BOT screwed this up ...
BOT was playing with the pace in front in zig-zag formation .BOT was not feeling confortable with HAM under his rear wing . This while the midfield was coming out of the turn with a higher speed .
What we saw was a chain reaction from the actions in the front caused by BOT !
As we know this pace changes by the leader are allowed by the FIA .
Regarding such a situation : The FIA has to open an investigation ASAP , because some drivers were very lucky yesterday !
The last 2 races were a disaster ! So it's about time regarding for new safety regulations !

But as we know as well : The FIA s@cks like usual !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58840.50
      09-14-2020, 07:03 AM   #459
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
BOT screwed this up ...
BOT was playing with the pace in front in zig-zag formation .BOT was not feeling confortable with HAM under his rear wing . This while the midfield was coming out of the turn with a higher speed .
What we saw was a chain reaction from the actions in the front caused by BOT !
As we know this pace changes by the leader are allowed by the FIA .
Regarding such a situation : The FIA has to open an investigation ASAP , because some drivers were very lucky yesterday !
The last 2 races were a disaster ! So it's about time regarding for new safety regulations !

But as we know as well : The FIA s@cks like usual !
I agree,BOT must take some responsibility for his 'show-boating' like the village fool in front of HAM. yco has said that Sainz is lucky not to have the Alfa on top of him maybe even ripping off the halo but the Spaniards speed into the Williams and nearly overturning the Alfa was just mental.He has just himself to blame for adding to the carnage!
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2020, 10:09 AM   #460
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
SC turned its light off in last corner.. literally at the last corner entrance..
and after watching the onboard cameras seems like Russel made the back of the pack think race started.. cause he left quite a margin between him and the car in front on the straight and floored it then braked again.. looks like he s been caught napping a bit at a place that cars in front could pull away fast..

its at 21:25 on F1TV..

but more importantly i believe Russel can be blamed but Kvyat had a huge gap before the last corner as well.. i guess these 2 things wobbled the pack and crash happened..

and even if it looks like its Sainz's fault in the race since he crashed from behind actually he was pacing himself pretty ok.. cars in front was acting anormal..

09-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #461
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post
Guys, what's up with all the Bottas hate? This is getting ridiculous.

I think he's the perfect number 2 for Lewis. Just like Barrichello before for Schumacher.
And Coulthard for Mika. Bottas is genuinely quick in qualifying and can win a GP if the leader runs in to trouble. He also collects enough points for the team to win the Manufacturers WC.

Remember, two champs in one team is a recipe for disaster, just think of Piquet/Mansell or Prost/Senna. Lewis/Max will therefore never gonna happen.
Lol you asked the question and immediately answered it. Everything you said it's exactly the reason for the hate. We don't want to see HAM winning every race and BOT winning only when HAM is in trouble. We want to see battles. Yeah he can put in a good lap but a race can be 60 laps. People remember Mika and Schumy, they forget Barrichello and Coulthard.
Appreciate 4
FormulaMMM3662.50
See5449.00
M5Rick58840.50
      09-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #462
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Lol you asked the question and immediately answered it. Everything you said it's exactly the reason for the hate. We don't want to see HAM winning every race and BOT winning only when HAM is in trouble. We want to see battles. Yeah he can put in a good lap but a race can be 60 laps. People remember Mika and Schumy, they forget Barrichello and Coulthard.
Mate . You nailed it !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58840.50