Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Custom Earplugs for Hyperacusis

01-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
crgtheman
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3

Custom Earplugs for Hyperacusis

Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVID19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendation?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
Rube
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Can you use foam ear plugs for now? I would only let a professional do a mold to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #3
Manny01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2

If you’re going to get a mold get it done professionally. It’s going to be expensive but much better than anything you can buy online. You also may want to pick up SilentEar. If they fit your ears well it’s tough to beat their price point and dB reduction for in ear protection.
Appreciate 0