Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Picked up my 330i Msport yesterday

03-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #67
klokan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBee View Post
Congrats for this 330i.

I am in your same situation. I own a 2017 318dA and deciding to order the new 330i.

I have a question for you. I've read you have the M suspension.

Could you explain a little bit more about the M adaptive suspension?

Thanks and enjoy that machine.
Adaptive is what it says - adaptive it has variable dampers settings (comfort and sport). My observation is that, compared to F30 M-sport suspension, adaptive is more comfortable when in comfort, and more sporty when in sport. I find regular non-adaptive M-sport too harsh for everyday ride, and that's why opted for adaptive.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #68
DonBee
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 318Da

Quote:
Originally Posted by klokan View Post
Adaptive is what it says - adaptive it has variable dampers settings (comfort and sport). My observation is that, compared to F30 M-sport suspension, adaptive is more comfortable when in comfort, and more sporty when in sport. I find regular non-adaptive M-sport too harsh for everyday ride, and that's why opted for adaptive.
How about bumps in the road or bad roads? In my F30, I feel like a "rebound" which is kind of uncomfortable when the road is not in a very good condition.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #69
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBee View Post
How about bumps in the road or bad roads? In my F30, I feel like a "rebound" which is kind of uncomfortable when the road is not in a very good condition.
I'm very happy with this adaptive suspension, and after I removed RFT tyres it's even better, just like I wanted it to be.

Even thinking about 19".

I had F30 with base suspension and RFT tyres, it was awful on bumpy roads. This is completely another story. Adaptive suspension is not very costly option...

Altough, G20 has completely new dampers in its non-adaptive configuration, I haven't tried those.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #70
vladmury
First Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport

Congrats with the car. What is the average consumption of this engine?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #71
lptrp
Registered
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Congrats. Very nice looking combination.

I received my Alpine White 330i RWD M Sport yesterday and I am very pleased.

Coming from a 230i M Sport that I had to get rid of because I had lumbar issues due to the, for me, bad seats. Biggest difference for me so far:

- 330i is more luxurious, comfortable and planted/stable
- 330i is extremly well built. I decided between this and a Mercedes C300 Coupe which I was suprised to discover had terrible built quality (worse than a Golf)
- 330i is less nimble but still fun to take out on twisty roads (I bought the eLSD)
- 330i has less steering feedback but still very sharp steering
- 330i pulls extremely well and you can feel the increased torque
- On paper the 330i should almost be as fast in acceleration as the 230i but the perceived acceleration feels slower. I think it is because of increased size, increased stability and decreased wind/road noise.

It's snowing here in sweden so I havent been able to push it that hard yet but so far very pleased!
Appreciate 1
dxxtrr1.50
      03-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #72
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lptrp View Post
Congrats. Very nice looking combination.

I received my Alpine White 330i RWD M Sport yesterday and I am very pleased.

Coming from a 230i M Sport that I had to get rid of because I had lumbar issues due to the, for me, bad seats. Biggest difference for me so far:

- 330i is more luxurious, comfortable and planted/stable
Do you have standard or adaptive M-sport suspension?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #73
lptrp
Registered
Rep

Standard.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #74
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Standard.
How is the comfort in daily driving?

Many said it's harder(stiffer) than M-sport suspension on F30.

Last edited by Calamari; 03-14-2019 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 12:19 AM   #75
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The F30 with M performance suspension is quite good. Good balance between comfort and sport and feels like a totally different car compared to stock sport suspension. This is how the car should have been from the beginning.

The rebound effect when driving on bumpy roads is significantly less or hardly noticeable.

The car feel stiff but acceptable, plus steering feel improves.

This is coming from a E90 and M2C owner.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      03-14-2019, 04:45 AM   #76
lptrp
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
How is the comfort in daily driving?

Many said it's harder(stiffer) than M-sport suspension on F30.
I haven't driven the F30 M-Sport, only the F22 M-Sport. I wouldn't necessarily call it extremely stiff it's more that it's extremly firm. The entire car feels extremly firm (chassi, body and suspension) with very little body roll which adds to the sensation of stiffness but I dont think the suspension in it self is that much stiffer than my F22.

That said it is a stiff ride but I prefer that.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #77
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I haven't driven the F30 M-Sport, only the F22 M-Sport. I wouldn't necessarily call it extremely stiff it's more that it's extremly firm. The entire car feels extremly firm (chassi, body and suspension) with very little body roll which adds to the sensation of stiffness but I dont think the suspension in it self is that much stiffer than my F22.

That said it is a stiff ride but I prefer that.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I guess, in the end, it always comes down to personal preference and the best way to find that out is to take the car on a good test drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:10 PM   #78
hollypharaoh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07' 328xi

Congrats man and thanks for posting these nice photos...enjoy the car..I really like the dark wood trim..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 02:18 AM   #79
klokan
Private
Rep

Here is one photo of laser lights in action, during the night.

Don't know are they the same in US, but this is what it looks like in EU.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #80
psuibmw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90

Garage List
2018 BMW 320xi  [10.00]
2023 BMW M340  [9.75]
2022 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:

That is very bright compared to traditional lighting
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #81
BimmerFix
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:

Wowww is that bright, amazing man. I have the laser lights on my build as well. But I don’t think it’s the same here in the states. My order sheet has “ decoding for anti dazzle high beam “ . Basically I think it means , they shut it off. But soon as I take delivery of my car in a couple months, I will have someone code it back on.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #82
klokan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
Wowww is that bright, amazing man. I have the laser lights on my build as well. But I don’t think it’s the same here in the states. My order sheet has “ decoding for anti dazzle high beam “ . Basically I think it means , they shut it off. But soon as I take delivery of my car in a couple months, I will have someone code it back on.
Yeah, it's really impressive. And I never got a single driver from the opposite direction that was affected by it, because high beams partially shut off for incoming traffic, and I didn't get any blinking, horns or anything like that so I suppose it's fine... Sometimes I think lights are even too bright, because of the big road signs which glow in the night when laser lights hit them.

Short beam (LED) lights are also fantastic, much better than old xenons.
Appreciate 1
BimmerFix1356.50
      03-31-2019, 04:32 AM   #83
vladmury
First Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport

How does the fuel consumption compare to a 330i F30? Is it 7,5/8 L average achievable?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 08:56 AM   #84
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
Quote:

Anti dazzle allows the high beams to stay on without blinding on coming drivers. It's decoded ( off) in the US market. With coding you can turn it on. It's activated on my 2016 340i. Amazing feature.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 03:19 AM   #85
klokan
Private
Rep

Another update - did some ceramic coating, Gtechniq Serum Ultra.

Pics here, I'm very happy how it turned out!

Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      12-16-2019, 05:55 AM   #86
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

So how do you turn the laser lights on?

Quote:
Soooo... i picked it up.

330i Msport, Portimao blue, and lot of options, including leather dash.

Of course car is awesome, I need some time to absorb everything, because it's two classes above my previous F30 318d.

Black leather with white stitching (didn't like blue), 4KA wood trim open pored (turned out excellent!), max size screens, leather dash (looks fantastic), adaptive suspension, Msport LSD...

It's very nice and fast machine, but it's not a rocket. I mean, although i had 318d which was slow as hell, and this is much faster and punchier, there is no "wild" attributes that I can give to this car. I think it's the minimum power any BMW should have.

However, I think that, at least in Europe, it's perfect mix of daily driver, family car and a machine that owner, when in spirited mood, can enjoy. I understand why you guys in USA want M340i or M3. I drove F80 (rented in Munich for one day) and it's a different beast. But this is very well made car, and I think we'll all enjoy it a lot in the next 5 years. After all, it's not only about pure power...

There is one thing I'm really astonished with, though. Laser lights. I didn't know how to turn them on, and I drove last night, and thought "these lights are fantastic, but 600m my ass, they were lying, but awesome lights anyway". And then, one hour later, i realized how to turn them on.

OMG.

It was so shocking, I can't wait that it gets dark outside again. I'm not sure that any video or photo can describe how awesome these lights are on open road, when there are no city lights around. I also don't know are they the same in the USA like here in Europe (partial on-off when cars come towards you etc). But this is by far the feature I'm most impressed with on any car I ever had. I have never experienced night drive like this and I recomend it to everyone who drives at night, whatever the price, take that option.

Harman Kardon sound is one class above F30 H/K, at least. Especially shines because the cabin is so much quieter.

Vernasca is great, seats are great.

Steering is awkward, needs some time to getting used to (VSS) but much better than F30.

All being said, very happy with my purchase. If there are any questions - I'll be happy to answer.

Update:

Sorry guys, last few days have been busy, I'll try to do some pics tomorrow, it's dark outside now...

Ride is actually pretty decent, especially considering RFT tyres. However, i still have Michelin PS4 (non-RFT) on another set of wheels and I might put them on the car, just to see and feel the difference.

Wood trim is great, I hate when all cars have the same aluminum or piano black trims. In reality it's nice, feels good on touch.

About leather dash - yeah, it really looks great, bottom part is also leather, but the doors are no different than standard doors you get with leather interior. That's a bit of dissapointment, especially because the configurator shows the doors with upper part different.

It's a really, really solid car, I would never expect a 3-series to be like this. I would say it's maybe too solid - if someone would give me car like this few years ago and said "here, this is the new 5 series", I would say "oh, nice".
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #87
BayAreaF16
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 M Sport, F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
"leather" dash is the sensatec, right?
Does the leather dash come with “Black Leather w/ Contrast Stitching”? $1450 option in the states.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #88
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaF16 View Post
Does the leather dash come with “Black Leather w/ Contrast Stitching”? $1450 option in the states.
The real Merino/walknappa black dashboard doesn’t have the contrasting stitching. If you want them, go for the sensatec dashboard. Depending on which upholstery color you chose for, you get them.
Appreciate 0