Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking

11-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
Whiteout_M340i
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Order Tracking

So I am stationed in Germany, and ordered a US Spec 2021 M340i xDrive. I spoke with my sales rep here, and he said I may or may not be able to track my car due to it being a US car and it being built in Munich. Turns out I get an error whenever I put in my Production Number. Is there anyone else that had this issue? Or is there another way of tracking my production status? It's due for the 7th of Dec.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 03:33 AM   #2
born_on_halloween
Bayerische Motoren Werke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive PB

"he said I may or may not be able to track my car due to it being a US car and it being built in Munich...."

obviously not speaking from experience on this as I am not stationed anywhere...

but logically you should be able to track it. All US Spec xDrive models are built in Munich and RWD ones are built in Mexico so being built in Germany is no excuse.
Retired - 2015 335 xDrive Mineral Gray, M-sport manual
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 05:07 AM   #3
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_halloween View Post
"he said I may or may not be able to track my car due to it being a US car and it being built in Munich...."

obviously not speaking from experience on this as I am not stationed anywhere...

but logically you should be able to track it. All US Spec xDrive models are built in Munich and RWD ones are built in Mexico so being built in Germany is no excuse.
Minor clarification. My AWD xDrive is being built in Mexico. I think the only US-bound 3ers built in Munich still are those with individual colors.

Last edited by obscurehero; 11-15-2020 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #4
PortimaoM340NYC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

My 21 M340 is being built in Germany as well and I am able to track it down. My status shows ready for transport. my dealer told me its being built in Germany and I also called BMW North America and they also told me its in Germany not Mexico. So I am waiting for my by end of the month or early December.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortimaoM340NYC View Post
My 21 M340 is being built in Germany as well and I am able to track it down. My status shows ready for transport. my dealer told me its being built in Germany and I also called BMW North America and they also told me its in Germany not Mexico. So I am waiting for my by end of the month or early December.
If you have the VIN, made in Germany the VIN will start with WBA. If made in Mexico will start with 3MW
      11-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #6
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Hey so I've done two cars with BMW mil/diplomatic sales now.
You will not be able to track your vehicle through traditional methods. You are on a completely different system than other US cars.

Also, why is your car coming from Mexico? Mine was built in Munich... Didn't know of ANY Mexico builds going anywhere other than North America.

I do know that US spec cars built in Munich are only built during certain weeks, it's like one week every two months or something like that.
      11-16-2020, 07:23 AM   #7
Whiteout_M340i
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
You will not be able to track your vehicle through traditional methods. You are on a completely different system than other US cars.

Also, why is your car coming from Mexico? Mine was built in Munich... Didn't know of ANY Mexico builds going anywhere other than North America.

I do know that US spec cars built in Munich are only built during certain weeks, it's like one week every two months or something like that.
Quote:

That's what he was saying. Is there any other way of tracking it other than on the bmw website? It's also being built in Munich, due for the week of the 7th in December.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #8
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSO_M340i View Post
That's what he was saying. Is there any other way of tracking it other than on the bmw website? It's also being built in Munich, due for the week of the 7th in December.
Sorry, mis-read a few posts and got mixed up.

No, there is no other way of tracking the car. Believe me, I've tried. LOL.
      11-17-2020, 12:31 AM   #9
Whiteout_M340i
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ahh damn I appreciate it man
Appreciate 0