Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions support from Driver Assistance restricted

08-25-2023, 08:31 PM   #1
lovishgoyal
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i

support from Driver Assistance restricted

Hi everyone I am getting these warning every 10 seconds. when I click on affected systems, nothing show up there, but sometimes it shows active Blindspot detection and side collision warning system. warning clears automatically after two seconds, and then come back again. Any suggestions what's happening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 07:09 AM   #2
BLK.G20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340 Xdrive, 2023 M3CX

Impossible to tell without checking codes. If you are under warranty just bring to dealer. Or if you have ISTA pull codes yourself.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

I have had this issue.

They say it can come if the sensors are dirty (windshield, and rear bumper sensors). Carwashes and rain can cause it temporarily as well.

Mine was caused for a different reason. I bought mine used CPO. The previous owner had a minor fender bender. And although the actual problem did not start until much later . . .it was due to damaged sensors from the original owner accident.

In short - the dealership told me that the sensor system is very intricate and almost any rear damage (even slight) may damage the sensors.

It cost almost $3,000 to replace the sensors (lots of labor to simply remove the rear bumper and components etc). Although mine was a result of an accident and would never be covered, I bought my M340i CPO AFTER the accident and so they kinda had to cover it as new.