Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) LCI screen removal and dash trim install

12-27-2023, 02:29 AM   #1
karlkir5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435d X-drive

LCI screen removal and dash trim install

I started installing M-Performance interior trim but ran into an issue. It turns out that the screen must be removed to install the new trim.

Somehow I managed to get out the gloss black plastic trim but the new carbon trim is more rigid and will not go under the screen.

Has anyone got information about how to remove the ID8 screen?

I have tried removing the 3 torx screws holding it in place and lifting the screen but it just won't move.

KIES motorsports have removed the screen but the video does not show how to remove it.

This thread will be helpful for LCI G42; G8x and G87 owners.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 05:26 PM   #2
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Gran Coupe

By sheer coincidence, I ran into the exact same problem yesterday, too. Trying to install the dash trim piece. Got the old one out, but had no idea how to get the new one installed without removing the iDrive 8 screen.

At that point, I gave up and drove it to my dealer. Paid $400 for them to finish the trim install. Well worth it, as screwing up the iDrive 8 screen wasn't something I wanted to risk.

If anyone does come up with a DIY procedure for installing the dash trim on an LCI vehicle, I'd be interested. I searched everywhere, but couldn't find instructions.

Good luck.

Last edited by diablo2112; 12-28-2023 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0