Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Need ideas/help leveling IAW Quad Exhaust tips

03-15-2024, 01:05 PM   #1
AZHusky
AZhusky
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2024 M340i Alpine White

Need ideas/help leveling IAW Quad Exhaust tips

I thought I saw a post about this elsewhere but can’t seem to find it now.

Just got the IAW Quad Exhaust tips installed on the M340i. They look great and love how they change the rear of the car. The slight problem is that they are angled down towards the ground by about 2 degrees (as measured by a level tool).

Everything is snug tight and I’ve already tried “holding it in level” while tightening the clamps but as the clamps tighten, the interior wall of the exhaust tips snug up flush against the exhaust pipe and there is no bending possible to hold it level.

I’ve read someone say they used aluminum foil folded over many times and wedged towards the very end to help level it out. Has anyone else tried this or any other solution besides taking it to a muffler shop to weld it in place to get these level? Trying to avoiding welding if possible.
Attached Images

03-17-2024, 11:09 AM   #2
Dtek
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I used some thicker stainless washers and just slid them in and tightened it. I also modified them by cutting out the "bridge" in the dual slots for the pipe clamps and added a larger one piece heavy duty clamp. Worked much better and they aligned nice after.

Here is the link to the clamps. It is not necessary, but the clamps they come with I did not trust as they were stripping quick trying to adjust them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 12:27 PM   #3
AZHusky
AZhusky
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2024 M340i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtek View Post
I used some thicker stainless washers and just slid them in and tightened it. I also modified them by cutting out the "bridge" in the dual slots for the pipe clamps and added a larger one piece heavy duty clamp. Worked much better and they aligned nice after.

Here is the link to the clamps. It is not necessary, but the clamps they come with I did not trust as they were stripping quick trying to adjust them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thanks! regarding the washers, are they just sitting between the pipe and the exhaust tips to increase space and held down by force/friction?

IAW did respond to feedback I believe as they sent out stronger clamps that don't seem to strip now.