Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Service Inclusive (Cyber Week deal)

03-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #111
gregch
Private
Rep
Drives: G22 420i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
Greg, the Service Inclusive from the BM ConnectedDrive site can be bought as long as the car hasn't had its first service. Therefore you could wait until black Friday, if we assume BMW will be running the promotion again in 2022.

Btw, another data point. BMW Park Lane also had quoted me on their version of Service Inclusive and I think it was ~£1k. They specifically said that it would have only applied to their network. Theirs also included the cost of the MOTs.
Thanks for this info. BMW's UK website says "From 1 April 2022, BMW Service Inclusive must be purchased within 90 days of vehicle registration" implying that it won't be possible to wait for it to become available again (assuming it does) on ConnectedDrive in the black friday promotion.

Park Lane's quote seems completely mad, given as you say that your car and mine are essentially the same thing and I've been quoted £598 (but from a dealer I'm unlikely to use for servicing, hence the question). And according to BMW's website MOTs are supposed to be covered under BMW Service Inclusive anyway.

I guess no option but to call the dealer I'm most likely to use, get a quote from them, be clear I want the BMW Service Inclusive and not their own brand, and trust that if I do need to take it somewhere else, they'll honour it.

Last edited by gregch; 03-01-2022 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #112
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregch View Post
Thanks for this info. BMW's UK website says "From 1 April 2022, BMW Service Inclusive must be purchased within 90 days of vehicle registration" implying that it won't be possible to wait for it to become available again (assuming it does) on ConnectedDrive in the black friday promotion.

Park Lane's quote seems completely mad, given as you say that your car and mine are essentially the same thing and I've been quoted £598 (but from a dealer I'm unlikely to use for servicing, hence the question). And according to BMW's website MOTs are supposed to be covered under BMW Service Inclusive anyway.

I guess no option but to call the dealer I'm most likely to use, get a quote from them, be clear I want the BMW Service Inclusive and not their own brand, and trust that if I do need to take it somewhere else, they'll honour it.
Pretty sure the Service Inclusive package is transferable with the car, so it must be possible to use the entire dealer network. Maybe check that when you call for a quote.
The dealer may offer a "Service Plan", which may well be tied to that dealer specifically.
      06-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #113
gregch
Private
Rep

Thought I'd share an update on the BMW Service Inclusive.

I've now called two different dealers and neither was able to confirm the price, or allow me to go ahead and buy it. Was promised a call back, and in one case to be provided with the info via email, sad to report these calls and emails have not been forthcoming.

In the end, I just spoke with BMW UK and they tell me the price for our 420i is £598 *plus VAT* ie £718. So I finally have a straight answer on the price, which I guess is something. I still have to find a dealer willing to sell it to me.

But in any case, at £718 the benefit of paying upfront is a bit less compelling. We'll have the car for 4 years maximum, meaning at most two services covered by this. Would each service really cost £359 or more?

Or maybe I just give up on this idea and wait and see if there's a cyber week promotion again this year? Should still just squeak in before the one year anniversary of taking delivery (Dec 2021).

Last edited by gregch; 06-01-2022 at 06:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 07:22 AM   #114
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

There will almost certainly be another Black Friday deal - it seems pretty fixed in the calendar now.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 01:32 AM   #115
gregch
Private
Rep

Resurrecting this thread again to say that of course Service Inclusive was in the end not included in last year's Black Friday deals... so I ended up not buying it!

However the car is approaching its first service and it's got me thinking about service costs etc. When I spoke with BMW dealers before they told me initially you had to buy Service Inclusive (if you wanted it) within 90 days of first reg, then within a year of first reg - now I see on the BMW main website that you can buy it any time before the first service.

I'm very happy to see that they have also now included the pricing on the BMW website; less happy that the price has increased to £836 for the 3/4 Series!!!

Given that the car is approaching two years old now and we *may* chop it in for one with adaptive dampers before the five years covered by Service Inclusive, I really don't know what to do for the best.

I guess the missing piece is what the cost of this first service is likely to be, for a 420i. Can anyone give me a very rough estimate??
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 01:57 AM   #116
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Can anyone give me a very rough estimate??
Had my 1st service last month - G21 330i but should be very similar. I have the pack but when collecting they asked me to pay before realising the mistake! I think it was about £250, sorry I can't be more precise.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:01 AM   #117
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
Had my 1st service last month - G21 330i but should be very similar. I have the pack but when collecting they asked me to pay before realising the mistake! I think it was about £250, sorry I can't be more precise.
That's really helpful, thanks! I'm minded to pay as we go, I think.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 02:56 AM   #118
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
I guess the missing piece is what the cost of this first service is likely to be, for a 420i. Can anyone give me a very rough estimate??
This are some prices I was looking at the other day.
Most people with 5 years service inclusive deals will get 1st + 2nd service + brake fluid covered. £836 sound a bit much but saying that, God knows how much will the 2nd service cost in 2 years time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 05:17 AM   #119
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I know for mine the brake fluid was considerably more than that as there is a mandatory 'standard scope' fee. It seemed the same for all dealers so those prices can be misleading
Attached Images

08-03-2023, 06:28 AM   #120
gregch
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamera View Post
This are some prices I was looking at the other day.
Most people with 5 years service inclusive deals will get 1st + 2nd service + brake fluid covered. £836 sound a bit much but saying that, God knows how much will the 2nd service cost in 2 years time.
This is excellent, very useful, thank you. Couldn't find it online but must admit haven't got as far as trying to book it in anywhere yet
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 07:19 AM   #121
Riccardog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320i Touring MSport

I just had the 1st service on my 320i, it was £320. This in London but some BMW garages outside of London were even more (eg: High Wycombe).
Appreciate 0