Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - Texas Do TX Roads Demand W&T Package?

07-16-2023, 06:53 AM   #1
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Do TX Roads Demand W&T Package?

I have an M440i that just arrived at the Galveston port. It’s time to make decisions on all the packages.

For those in the central Texas area (Austin) that purchased the wheel and tire package, was it worth it?

With my last BMW I purchased the tire package and it paid for itself within a year. I was driving all over the place so it made sense and it was only $700.

The wheel and tire package today will run about $2,800 for 3 years. Big increase but additional coverage for the wheels could be nice.

For reference, I’ll be commuting from the Belterra area to downtown about 3-4 days per week—290/Y construction or backroads to SWPW are my two routes. I have the 19” 859M wheels with the all season non-run flat tires.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 08:42 AM   #2
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I have 19” Pirelli P7’s on 792M wheels, and it looks like the tire and wheel warranty is paying off. In 39k miles I’ve had one nail, one sidewall bulge, a sidewall bulge blowout, and a six inch slice that was probably from the edge of a pothole. 19” low profile tires really seem to take a beating from potholes.

I keep them inflated to recommended pressures, and so far there does not appear to be any wheel damage.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 01:59 PM   #3
dhock_holiday
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Jetta

For Austin? Probably not, you guys have decent roads and highways. Unless you driving on Lamar often.

I’d be more concerned about random debris on the roads like ladders, 2X4s
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #4
ParanoidAndroid4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
I have 19” Pirelli P7’s on 792M wheels, and it looks like the tire and wheel warranty is paying off. In 39k miles I’ve had one nail, one sidewall bulge, a sidewall bulge blowout, and a six inch slice that was probably from the edge of a pothole. 19” low profile tires really seem to take a beating from potholes.

I keep them inflated to recommended pressures, and so far there does not appear to be any wheel damage.
How much did the dealer charge for the wheel and tire package?
Appreciate 0