Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G20 M340i wastegate actuator error

08-13-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
Stowebox
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Unhappy G20 M340i wastegate actuator error

Hi everyone,

New member but used this forum extensively for research and education.

I have a 2020 G20 M340i XDrive MHT.

Had intermittent drivetrain faults which warranty cover meant replacing the DME.

Been running a race cat DP which has thrown CEL for oxygen despite the DP advertisement saying it wouldn’t.

Recently had a stage 1 tune via bench pinning however a few days before this, an error was thrown up for the wastegate actuator not being able to find the closed position. A previous post mentioned the race DP reducing back pressure meaning the actuator will learn the required open/closed voltage required as this will be less than stock.

I’m still intermittently receiving the error and wondered if the actuator arm linkage needed adjusting?

I checked position at off and it’s half open as I guess it runs a full open closed cycle on start up.

Is this likely to be a simply linkage adjustment as my thoughts are to turn the car on, quickly marks the rod length when it tests closed position and the adjust the linkage for fully closed.
Or is this likely to be an actuator malfunction?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
siphor1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i xdrive

Not to alarm you or anything but when mine had codes related to the wastegate actuator, the problem ended up being the turbo. At first the dealer only replaced the actuator which did not fix the issue, so in the end they replaced the turbo under warranty. They said the wastegate was binding up. The car only had about 27k miles at the time…
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 05:27 PM   #3
m3fortyX
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i Xdrive

Garage List
Did you eve figure out your problem. I’m having the same issue?
Appreciate 0