Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Real Time Traffic

09-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
Jabba1980
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 330i

Real Time Traffic

Has anybody noticed any issues with real time
Traffic info over the last few days. My connected services (eg weather, real time traffic info) seem intermittent.

On the way to work it was not working (the guidance just showed a white line rather than the green/Amber/red) then suddenly started working 1/2 way into the journey.

On the way home did similar but started working just as I was pulling up on my street.

Trying to work out if it’s just a ‘me’ issue. Car is only 6 months old and never had an issue before . I think it started over the weekend, possibly Friday.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 12:41 PM   #2
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba1980 View Post
Has anybody noticed any issues with real time
Traffic info over the last few days. My connected services (eg weather, real time traffic info) seem intermittent.

On the way to work it was not working (the guidance just showed a white line rather than the green/Amber/red) then suddenly started working 1/2 way into the journey.

On the way home did similar but started working just as I was pulling up on my street.

Trying to work out if it’s just a ‘me’ issue. Car is only 6 months old and never had an issue before . I think it started over the weekend, possibly Friday.
I have noticed the same over the last few days. The RTTI has dropped out, leaving route shown in white.

This morning I reset iDrive (long press & hold of Volume button) and it started working, but this afternoon no such luck - even did it twice.

My car is just approaching 8 months old.

I had this same issue after a few weeks of ownership - but it cleared and has been solid since the RSU to 03/2023.

I'm actually glad someone else is reporting the issue - as it might be server related and nothing to do with the in-car telematics module.

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Jabba1980
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for that Mike. I’ve emailed the connected drive team. I’ll let you know if I hear anything sensible back from them.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #4
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Hi, I am noticing exactly the same. I find that a route set starts in white, then after 10 or 15 minutes, it turns green, followed by Spotify starting and, if I am lucky, Alexa works.

Sounds like a back end server issue to me. I have done a system reboot and app update search but no change so far.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
Kinsman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Touring

Spotify been intermittently showing offline for long spells. Points of Interest and weather also not updating. This has been happening for the last week for me and I thought it was patchy GSM but maybe it's not so after all.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2023, 10:36 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I think there can be just odd outage. I’ve used RTTI pretty much as soon as it was released ( a F10 in early 2012) and have noted it not being available 2 or maybe 3 times in all that time.
When this occurs, the system fails back to the inferior RDS-TMC
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 06:51 AM   #7
jrah
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340d

Same issue here, seems to have fixed itself over the last few days though 🤞🏻
      09-20-2023, 01:49 AM   #8
Jabba1980
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine also seems to have fixed itself. I did eventually get a reply from the ConnectedDrive team. Here’s what they said:

“To make sure there aren't any backend issues, I'd recommend doing a Service Update in the car. This can be done using the Drive controller and following the steps below:
1. Press and hold the volume control switch for 35 seconds. The central display will deactivate after approximately 20 seconds but please press the volume control switch for 35 seconds, this will ensure that the head unit and the telematics control unit are reset.
2. Update vehicle apps, select Apps > System settings
> Update apps and services > Search for updates
I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can help with please get back in touch.”
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 02:00 AM   #9
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M-Sport Touring xDriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba1980 View Post
Mine also seems to have fixed itself. I did eventually get a reply from the ConnectedDrive team. Here’s what they said:

“To make sure there aren't any backend issues, I'd recommend doing a Service Update in the car. This can be done using the Drive controller and following the steps below:
1. Press and hold the volume control switch for 35 seconds. The central display will deactivate after approximately 20 seconds but please press the volume control switch for 35 seconds, this will ensure that the head unit and the telematics control unit are reset.
2. Update vehicle apps, select Apps > System settings
> Update apps and services > Search for updates
I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can help with please get back in touch.”
If you had a bulb out Connected Drive tell you to do that lol standard first reply from them, sometimes it does work, as does the reboot of the iDrive system
      09-20-2023, 02:27 AM   #10
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

If you told them that your car was on fire the Connected Drive people would get you to follow those steps. It’s the equivalent of “clear your browser cache, and if that doesn’t work try switching it off and on again” in IT support.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 05:31 PM   #11
Cabman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike330i View Post
I have noticed the same over the last few days. The RTTI has dropped out, leaving route shown in white.

This morning I reset iDrive (long press & hold of Volume button) and it started working, but this afternoon no such luck - even did it twice.

My car is just approaching 8 months old.

I had this same issue after a few weeks of ownership - but it cleared and has been solid since the RSU to 03/2023.

I'm actually glad someone else is reporting the issue - as it might be server related and nothing to do with the in-car telematics module.

Regards, Mike.

I am having the same issue. It started yesterday. Just curious if you are getting a message when you click on update in maps settings the states: New initialization required. Visit ConnectedDrive website for information.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 07:40 AM   #12
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabman View Post
I am having the same issue. It started yesterday. Just curious if you are getting a message when you click on update in maps settings the states: New initialization required. Visit ConnectedDrive website for information.
I've now had three RSUs since buying the car

Immediately after each one is applied, I lose RTTI intermittently

After a couple weeks the system appears to stabilise and RTTI is present & working as soon as I enter the car

I'm now into that stable period with reliable RTTI

Being stuck on iDrive8 - with no hope of an upgrade to 8.5 - I believe that future RSUs will simply be bug fixes & security updates - I will not see any operational improvements. As such I intend to disable automatic RSUs - and eliminate the annoying loss of RTTI & the need to re-code my preferences

As always - YMMV - regards, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 07:47 AM   #13
orinjohnson
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 330i xDrive

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabman View Post
There is another recent thread with a couple of us whose rtti went out on 11/10. Mine is not back yet, morning of 11/12. I do not get the message you are getting in terms of initialization.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 10:33 AM   #14
Twinscroll-jay
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240 228 x1

Well mine just stop working last night, in Canada Btw.rest I drive came back once the 3 minutes went away.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 10:34 AM   #15
Twinscroll-jay
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M240 228 x1

2022 m240 ID7
Appreciate 0