Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Hub adapter to fit non-BMW spare?

08-31-2023, 06:06 PM   #1
FastRedPonyCar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Hub adapter to fit non-BMW spare?

I’ve got a Tesla spare from ModernSpare for my Model 3 which I’m handing back to Tesla in a month.

I have an m340i with the ZTK package on the way and I’m wondering if I can repurpose the spare using a hub adapter like this?

https://a.co/d/3n1pXv6

Modern spare sell one specific to the G20 but I would be out another $500 and since there are cheap Tesla spares on Amazon now, there’s no way I’ll see even half my initial cost recouped if I tried to sell that one.

If there’s a legit danger or reason I can’t or shouldn’t use the hub adapter, I’m ok with that and will get one that fits properly but if there is a way to use what I have, I’m all ears.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 06:15 PM   #2
HeatJoey
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I’ve got a Tesla spare from ModernSpare for my Model 3 which I’m handing back to Tesla in a month.

I have an m340i with the ZTK package on the way and I’m wondering if I can repurpose the spare using a hub adapter like this?

https://a.co/d/3n1pXv6

Modern spare sell one specific to the G20 but I would be out another $500 and since there are cheap Tesla spares on Amazon now, there’s no way I’ll see even half my initial cost recouped if I tried to sell that one.

If there’s a legit danger or reason I can’t or shouldn’t use the hub adapter, I’m ok with that and will get one that fits properly but if there is a way to use what I have, I’m all ears.
I've had many modern spares in the past, they are great. I cannot answer your question , I had asked them if my x3 spare from them fit the m340 but they said no... so I sold it to a member here actually, and I now have an x3m40 that I ordered with the spare, but my son's m340 has no spare and now no run flats. I need to find a spare kit and more importantly, is there a way to tie or strap it down back there? I will likely just order the modern spare kit for the m340 as I'm sure it will fit and clear the brakes etc. I'm just worried about how to secure it back there. I haven't really looked back there or under that floor board as it's not my car... my x3 has tie down hooks which made it easy to secure something like this... you don't want a spare/jack kit flying around even in the trunk lol sorry I can't answer your question, but worst case just order a new one and rest assured you can always make it home... I will not drive any car without a spare, even with run flats it's not a fool proof solution all the time, the spare is.
Previous rides '23 MBW X3 30i, '22 Charger Hellcat Triple Nickel, '21 Charger Widebody Scat Pack F8, '21 DD R/T White, '19 Challenger Widebody Scat Pack B5; '19 Scat Pack F8, '18 Audi SQ5, '18 Daytona 392, '16 Scat Pack Granite, '15 Durango R/T Blacktop, '14 Volvo S60R Rebel Blue, '12 Audi Q5, '10 Mustang, '08 BMW E90 M3, '07 BMW 335I Active Autowerks
Appreciate 0