Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M440i order placed

10-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #45
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G22 M440I on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaz View Post
Just on the way home...
haha exactly
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:47 AM   #46
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21-M340i View Post
Is it not Tanzanite?
could be def looks darker than arctic race and portamao
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #47
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

Have to disagree on the grill, it does look horrible, the Merc and Audi grills look much smarter, the 4 series grill just looks arkward and fussy. G20 3 series is a good looking car and the grill looked good compared to the other current BMW models, its like they are harking back to the bangle days of fugly ness.

That said, looks are subjective, all that matters is that you like it as an owner.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #48
blaz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d,F30 330e,G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
Good M440i Carwow review and does look better than expected... Love that blue!
That's not launch control (acc to M340i) and 3.82 seconds is impressive
      10-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #49
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Spoiler Alert!

Top Gear rates it.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...ies-coupe-2020
Appreciate 1
A/J113.50
      10-24-2020, 06:49 AM   #50
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Just got back from the dealer (Borehamwood) had 2 x 4 series in the showroom, Arctic race and tanzanite

Def more happy with the car having seen in person.

The grills looked fine and proportional to the car, sides and back looked good too, not softened too much

The only thing i would change possibly is the length it could stand to be a 2/3 inches shorter at the front, but this could be just my preference as I prefer my coupes smaller (than the saloon equivalent), so it’s more sporty /track day type car than a tourer. But that was a very minor criticism and I would never use the back seats of my coupe so perhaps this way it caters to a bigger audience, with useable seats in the back.

All round car looked fantastic

Last edited by A/J; 10-24-2020 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #51
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Interesting that they always show the 4 in dark colours, not white/mineral white. This is because it hides the grille! If you see a white 4 it's ka ka with the dark grille - it is in your face! Audi's grille, whilst bigger, is better executed.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #52
MD707
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Dude View Post
Interesting that they always show the 4 in dark colours, not white/mineral white. This is because it hides the grille! If you see a white 4 it's ka ka with the dark grille - it is in your face! Audi's grille, whilst bigger, is better executed.
Apparently all the press cars were specced with shadow line (black wheels and grille) and all the demos seem to be same. My G21 is Tanzanite and Cerium which I think works better than shadow line with that colour ... but yet to see a 4 like this - they’re hiding the grille.

We’re all gonna get used to it whether we want to or not... it sounds like it’s a big a step up from the old car as the G20 is.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 04:46 AM   #53
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Another video review from Joe Achilles here; he says it's the same car Matt Watson drove although the registrations numbers seem to be different!

Anyway, this one's definitely Tanzanite Blue - got that colour on my G21 (and love it) but agree with the comment it looks better with Cerium Grey rather than black wheels and grille - guess that's an each to their own thing though!

Appreciate 1
A/J113.50
      10-25-2020, 12:18 PM   #54
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/J View Post
excellent really pleased it has this - almost feels like it should be a safety feature on all automatics. was shocked our range rover didnt - perhaps thats a offroad thing
Had a loan car (Z4 would you believe) when the car was in for a service this week and it had autohold. First time I've driven a BMW with it and I must say I thought it was a great feature.
Appreciate 1
A/J113.50
      10-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #55
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

I must admit, i saw one on the M1 this morning, it was in race blue and it didnt offend me as much as the pics. Race blue also looks different in real life.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #56
street7921
Registered
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Im told car will be arriving second week of December (order placed at beggining of Oct)
Maybe our cars will be shipped together. My completed build date is November 30th. Mine is coming from Munich.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #57
street7921
Registered
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Hi All, Just placed and order for G22 M440i ( arctic race blue (edit: changed to dravit grey) aluminium mesh,tech plus pack, sunroof)...

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered yet and spec?

Ive just come back to bmw from merc (c43 and previous to that e93 m3, both excellent)

One question i have is does the push to start work with key in pocket and does the car unlock with key in pocket ... sorry for the silly question
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. I went with the following:

Arctic Race Blue (No shadow)
Black Sensa Tec interior
Executive, Driver Assistance Pro and Parking Assistance
Drive Recorder, HK Sound System, Power Tailgate and Wireless Charging, 18" stainless/black wheels and the aluminum mesh interior trim. Complete build date scheduled for November 30th. Hoping that it will ship quickly and I'll have it for the second/third week of December.

I do have a question. I opted not to go with the remote start (I don't use it in my current vehicles), however, will the vehicle still start remotely by using the phone app?
Appreciate 1
A/J113.50
      12-29-2020, 10:17 AM   #58
maughan67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i (G22), X3 35d (F25)

Quote:
Hi All, Just placed and order for G22 M440i ( arctic race blue (edit: changed to dravit grey) aluminium mesh,tech plus pack, sunroof)...
Hi. Did your car arrive on time? Do you have it now, and if so can you please post some photos and share your opinions?

I ordered my M440i in late October, and delivery is scheduled for next week (ie first week of January 2021). (Dravit/cerium, black leather with grey stitching, aluminium hexagon, sunroof, every pack). I am so excited and looking forward to it - albeit a small part of me is still slightly nervous about the grille!

I loved the car and grille when I first saw it months ago in the online press, I loved it when I saw the demonstrator in the showroom and took it for a test drive, and I love it in 90% of the million videos and photos I have looked at. But sometimes and from some angles the grille can still look a bit OTT, plus I have seen very very few videos or photos of a Dravit/cerium combination. I am therefore just hoping that I also love my spec in real life. (I think the driving experience is going to be unparalleled and the car’s looks are beautiful for the most part - but I want to love all of it. And although I am buying it because I love it, I can’t deny that I want others to admire it also.)

Interested to hear your views and see your car.

Thanks!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #59
Saleshark
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G22 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maughan67 View Post
Hi. Did your car arrive on time? Do you have it now, and if so can you please post some photos and share your opinions?

I ordered my M440i in late October, and delivery is scheduled for next week (ie first week of January 2021). (Dravit/cerium, black leather with grey stitching, aluminium hexagon, sunroof, every pack). I am so excited and looking forward to it - albeit a small part of me is still slightly nervous about the grille!

I loved the car and grille when I first saw it months ago in the online press, I loved it when I saw the demonstrator in the showroom and took it for a test drive, and I love it in 90% of the million videos and photos I have looked at. But sometimes and from some angles the grille can still look a bit OTT, plus I have seen very very few videos or photos of a Dravit/cerium combination. I am therefore just hoping that I also love my spec in real life. (I think the driving experience is going to be unparalleled and the car’s looks are beautiful for the most part - but I want to love all of it. And although I am buying it because I love it, I can’t deny that I want others to admire it also.)

Interested to hear your views and see your car.

Thanks!

Matt
I don't think you will regret it, I've got a 430i in Artic race Blue with shadow line and absolutely love it. Here are some photos https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1773176
Appreciate 0