Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Huge disappointment from ordering Grill from KIES motorsport

10-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
cywing1119
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Huge disappointment from ordering Grill from KIES motorsport

Ordered a F series style grill for my g20, when i received the things, the packages printed a big label that said Made In Taiwan, which i'm ok with since Taiwan always make some quality stuffs.

After open the package, the first things i noticed is the the bracket which holding the camera is broken, and i thought i can glue it when the fitment is good, try to install it anyway, found out that the camera can't even fit it all the way into the bracket.

Emailed KIES motorsport about it and ask if i can get replacement, never got a reply, can't even reach them out on FB or IG.

I watched their tutorial video on installing the grill, and found out that they edited the video and the camera didn't go in all the way into the bracket, i guess they didn't test fit this product before selling it.

Just hope other members aware before ordering stuff from them.

Appreciate 3
      10-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Thirst
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I also had some issues with a trunk lip from them. The high kick lip does not fit our trunks without poking up.

However, they did send a replacement (which also did not fit) and refunded me once I showed them the photos. I ended up ordering the CS style lip which fits perfectly.

They did respond to me via email but it was VERY slow. Most of these places order from overseas from the same manufacturers. It's a matter of hit or miss on the fitment.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #3
cywing1119
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirst View Post
I also had some issues with a trunk lip from them. The high kick lip does not fit our trunks without poking up.

However, they did send a replacement (which also did not fit) and refunded me once I showed them the photos. I ended up ordering the CS style lip which fits perfectly.

They did respond to me via email but it was VERY slow. Most of these places order from overseas from the same manufacturers. It's a matter of hit or miss on the fitment.
how long did you wait for their respond tho, i waited 3 days and no reply so far
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
Thirst
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cywing1119 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirst View Post

how long did you wait for their respond tho, i waited 3 days and no reply so far
Oh there were times where it would take up to 5 days. The entire process of ordering the first spoiler through finally getting one that fit at the end took about a couple of months.

I fully expect this with most resell companies like that. One may be slightly better than the other but not by much. Kies Motorsports, AA Concepts, eBay sellers, etc...

These aren't large companies with robust supply chains. They are usually a couple guys drop shipping or something similar.
Appreciate 1