Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Stains on Sensatec

08-22-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
nwg20
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Stains on Sensatec

Picked the dog up from the groomers a couple weeks ago...second he got in the car he sneezed all over the back seat. Not thinking I left the car parked out in the sun for awhile so I could work in the garage. It must've baked the sneeze because it now looks like I nutted all over my back seat (little white marks everywhere).

Took a few passes at it with my normal interior detailer. Every time it looks like it's coming off, then when it dries you can see the white again. Yes I'm an idiot for not putting the cover on before letting the dog in the car. Any recommendations on what would take this off? Was thinking of trying Mothers VLR?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 02:14 AM   #2
RKT SHP
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Not that I can help answer your question, but what cover are you using for your rear seats. My car is on order and my dog gets car sick sometimes, so I HAVE to get something to put back there.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 04:46 PM   #3
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

"It must've baked the sneeze because it now looks like I nutted all over my back seat (little white marks everywhere)."

Man, this sentence had me lose it and dying laughing out loud at work for way too long.

Anyways, have you tried isopropyl alcohol?
Appreciate 3
scrammer420.50
wrickem2101.00
BMR_CK35.00
      08-28-2021, 12:01 AM   #4
nwg20
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT SHP View Post
Not that I can help answer your question, but what cover are you using for your rear seats. My car is on order and my dog gets car sick sometimes, so I HAVE to get something to put back there.
Definitely get something relatively thick and non-slip. I tried to be cheap (as always) and grab something that was on clearance at TJ Max for $8. It didn't cover the seats super well and slid all over so the dog couldn't stand it. Didn't want to get in the car after the first time.

Wife slipped in an "I told you so" then ordered either this one exactly or something really similar. Works great and the dog is super comfortable on it.

https://www.amazon.com/YesYees-Water...dp/B07STV6RGZ/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
"It must've baked the sneeze because it now looks like I nutted all over my back seat (little white marks everywhere)."

Man, this sentence had me lose it and dying laughing out loud at work for way too long.

Ha, glad someone enjoyed it. Had a passenger not notice till we hit the highway...let him wallow for a good 10 minutes before telling the real story.

I didn't think to try alcohol, good call. The Mother's VLR ended up working fantastic. The seat stains came right off, along with some water stains on the front passenger door the dealer created before I took delivery.
Appreciate 2
      08-28-2021, 08:58 AM   #5
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT SHP View Post
Definitely get something relatively thick and non-slip. I tried to be cheap (as always) and grab something that was on clearance at TJ Max for $8. It didn't cover the seats super well and slid all over so the dog couldn't stand it. Didn't want to get in the car after the first time.

Wife slipped in an "I told you so" then ordered either this one exactly or something really similar. Works great and the dog is super comfortable on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post

Ha, glad someone enjoyed it. Had a passenger not notice till we hit the highway...let him wallow for a good 10 minutes before telling the real story.

I didn't think to try alcohol, good call. The Mother's VLR ended up working fantastic. The seat stains came right off, along with some water stains on the front passenger door the dealer created before I took delivery.
Too funny! But good to hear you got it out!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
RKT SHP
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwg20 View Post

Appreciate 0