Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Remote start when not originally optioned in

09-26-2021, 03:50 PM   #1
Mhaller13
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xdrive

Remote start when not originally optioned in

I received my m340i a few weeks ago and was told it had a remote start. After doing some research, that was not the case. I was able to purchase the remote start software feature but I still don't have the option to use it with the key fob or app. Has anyone successfully added in the OE remote start after getting their BMW?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:00 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaller13 View Post
I received my m340i a few weeks ago and was told it had a remote start. After doing some research, that was not the case. I was able to purchase the remote start software feature but I still don't have the option to use it with the key fob or app. Has anyone successfully added in the OE remote start after getting their BMW?
If you bought the remote start option in the ConnectedDrive store then take your car to the dealer to make it work under warranty. You only see the option in ConnectedDrive if your car is capable of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Quote:
Go into software update and see if an update is available. If not, dial BMW assist and they will push the update remotely to your car.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 01:29 AM   #4
VICG20M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Hate that you have to pay for this feature. GM has it on nearly all their cars standard.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2021, 02:05 AM   #5
nealjay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m440

300 dollar feature it would say it in the price summary of everything, mine got it and its great.never had purchase anything on the app. just change the settings to allow remote start in the car first under pre conditioning and it work u hit the bmw logo on the key three times and starts up in 3 seconds . or if not the app. many dealerships had almost every option except that one so I just ordered it the way I wanted from bmw
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:34 PM   #6
jayxv
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
how did you purchase the feature? and are there any updates on whether or not you got it to work completely.
      10-28-2021, 09:57 PM   #7
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayxv View Post
how did you purchase the feature? and are there any updates on whether or not you got it to work completely.
I believe you can purchase it in the connected drive store. My car came with it, and you can either use the BMW app or triple push the lock button on the key fob to activate.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
Mhaller13
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
I got it through the BMW app. I think it was $350? After I bought it took about 45 minutes until my car downloaded it and it's worked ever since.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2021, 03:22 AM   #9
jayxv
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
I got it through the BMW app. I think it was $350? After I bought it took about 45 minutes until my car downloaded it and it's worked ever since.
yep I got mine working now. appreciate it because I was confused coming out the dealership lol
      11-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #10
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I just bought from app and it installed via OTA. You also have to go into climate settings and tick the box for remote start once it's installed.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #11
nealjay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m440

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow i really looked for a car that had that option and made it harder to find the dealerships all told me had to be ordered on the car itself.
Appreciate 0