Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Anti-dazzle coding on Laser?

05-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #243
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
I did not delete 5AP. Sure it'll reset when the car is updated but I can put it back in 10 minutes.
I just use modified FA to VO code without writing to VCM.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 01:54 PM   #244
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
I did not delete 5AP. Sure it'll reset when the car is updated but I can put it back in 10 minutes.
I just use modified FA to VO code without writing to VCM.
I'm also doing the same. From your experience do you know if using bimmercode uses modified FA to code VO or does it also write to VCM by default. I think I'll just use Esys to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:39 PM   #245
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
I'm also doing the same. From your experience do you know if using bimmercode uses modified FA to code VO or does it also write to VCM by default. I think I'll just use Esys to be on the safe side.
I have never used Bimmercode, but my understanding is it is just FDL coding.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 07:54 AM   #246
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
I have never used Bimmercode, but my understanding is it is just FDL coding.
Thanks. I'm going the Esys route to VO code modified FA. I might use bimmercode for few other things like acoustic sound, etc, but that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #247
cujc14
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Thanks. I'm going the Esys route to VO code modified FA. I might use bimmercode for few other things like acoustic sound, etc, but that's about it.
can you recap what version of Esys and Pdata you used? I'm trying to get setup to start on my 2020 M340 and I have been struggling with finding the correct combination. I have Beemercode which I'm using to do all the fun stuff however, I really want to program the Antidazzle on the laserlights.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:12 PM   #248
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujc14 View Post
Quote:
can you recap what version of Esys and Pdata you used? I'm trying to get setup to start on my 2020 M340 and I have been struggling with finding the correct combination. I have Beemercode which I'm using to do all the fun stuff however, I really want to program the Antidazzle on the laserlights.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
I'm using PSdZdata v4.31.41 - which is the latest. As for Esys I'm using v3.27.1. My car is currently on 07/21 so depending on your car version you may or may not need the latest pdata file.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 12:33 AM   #249
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

A somewhat-OK video from my footage today with oncoming traffic. Shoutout to siegester for the work put into this - the cheat sheet from GitHub was a help. I coded all the FDL/NCD parameters which seem to keep the high beam on longer even with road signs/reflectors.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 06:16 PM   #250
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
A somewhat-OK video from my footage today with oncoming traffic. Shoutout to siegester for the work put into this - the cheat sheet from GitHub was a help. I coded all the FDL/NCD parameters which seem to keep the high beam on longer even with road signs/reflectors.

View post on imgur.com
I had this coded once and then lost track of all the stuff you had to do to get it working ... it was hours of digging around on forums to find all the steps

You don't happen to have a step by step from what you did ?

Last time I tried to hook up my laptop and start coding I ran into a problem, and I'm almost too lazy to try again because it takes so long to get all the 'pieces' in the right order
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 07:33 PM   #251
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOnBlue View Post
Quote:

View post on imgur.com
I had this coded once and then lost track of all the stuff you had to do to get it working ... it was hours of digging around on forums to find all the steps

You don't happen to have a step by step from what you did ?

Last time I tried to hook up my laptop and start coding I ran into a problem, and I'm almost too lazy to try again because it takes so long to get all the 'pieces' in the right order
For basic functionality you can just VO code 5AP out.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #252
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
For basic functionality you can just VO code 5AP out.
yeah, i did that way back when, lost all the coding when the latest software update came out

i'll have to sit down and look at it all again, i think my files were out of date and I couldn't read the car properly for some reason

i was able to do the VO coding and the other stuff you had provided but like i said, gonna take hours of reading again to remember how to do it all
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 10:00 PM   #253
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

BlueOnBlue just make sure you have the most recent PSzData file for use with Esys. Here's how to VO code it without dealer finding out.

Note: just make sure the headlamp is switched off before proceeding — just as a precaution.

* Connect with Esys - Target Selector: choose the i-step that most closely matches your car version. For G20 that's S18A_xx_xx (select the most recent.) DO NOT select any of the options prefixed with "xx_DIRECT." Under Interface, select 'Connection by VIN.' If your VIN is not listed you have an issue.

* Hit Connect button

* Under 'Vehicle Order' click on Read

* Under 'Vehicle Order' right-click on FA and choose Activate FA if required

* Under 'SVT Actual', click on Read (ECU)

* If it's the first time you have coded, right-click on ECU under the SVT tree and choose 'Read Coding Data'. Use Windows File Explorer to backup your CAF directory which by default is C:\Data\CAF

* Save your FA and SVT

* Under Editors and Viewers - select 'FA Editor' and load your saved FA

* Click on SALAPA-Element find and remove 5AP from the list. Click on Apply Changes

* Click on File > Save As. Give it a name e.g "FA_no_5AP"

* Switch back to Expert Mode > Coding. Load the FA you just created with no 5AP and do Read (ECU) again.

* Select the following 5 ECU's in the SVT pane:

BDC_BODY3
HU_MGU
FML (both of them)
KAFAS4

* With the 5 ECUs selected, click on Code (not Code Default Values; doing so might require a trip to dealership.) Alternatively you can right click on each and "code"

* Check the report is Green for all 5 ECUs. Warnings are OK, but the text should be Green. Any red texts suggests you have a problem

* That's it! Congrats: anti-dazzle now works. Simply push the button on the left stalk to activate auto high beam.
Appreciate 5
siegester341.00
myM34015.00
g01_jon12.00
Aziego73.50
      10-27-2021, 10:36 PM   #254
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
BlueOnBlue just make sure you have the most recent PSzData file for use with Esys. Here's how to VO code it without dealer finding out:

* Connect with Esys - Target Selector: choose the i-step that most closely matches your car version. For G20 that's S18A_xx_xx. Under Interface, select 'Connection by VIN' If your VIN is not listed you have an issue. DO NOT select any of the options prefixed with "xx_DIRECT"

* Hit Connect button

* Under 'Vehicle Order' click on Read

* Under 'Vehicle Order' right-click on FA and choose Activate FA if required

* Under 'SVT Actual', click on Read (ECU)

* If it's the first time you have coded, right-click on ECU under the SVT tree and choose 'Read Coding Data'. Use Windows File Explorer to backup your CAF directory which by default is C:\Data\CAF

* Save your FA and SVT

* Under Editors and Viewers - select 'FA Editor' and load your saved FA

* Click on SALAPA-Element find and remove 5AP from the list. Click on Apply Changes

* Click on File-Save As Give it a name e.g "FA_no_5AP"

* Switch back to Expert Mode-Coding Load the FA you just created with no 5AP and do Read (ECU) again.

* Select the following 5 ECU's in the SVT pane:

BDC_BODY3
HU_MGU
FML (both of them)
KAFAS4

* With the 5 ECUs selected, click on Code (not Code Default Values.) Alternatively you can right click on each and "code"

* Check the report is Green for all 5 ECUs. Warnings are OK, but the text should be Green. Any red texts suggests you have a problem

* That's it!
That's the stuff, exactly what I needed.

I'll report back once I successfully code it again, and if not just assume I died in the explosion!

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 07:36 AM   #255
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Anti Dazzle passed legal!

Adaptive headlights finally legal in US with Biden's infrastructure bill signed into law. Hopefully in BMW's next update.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 11:56 PM   #256
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Adaptive headlights finally legal in US with Biden's infrastructure bill signed into law. Hopefully in BMW's next update.
I wouldn't get my hopes high for this in the next update. A final ruling on amending the current safety standard could take up to 2 years - based on the language in the bill. Hello! Welcome to government bureaucracy.

Further, there's no guarantee that BMW will upgrade older models when this goes into effect in the future (say 2024) for obvious business reasons.

For now, enjoy your coded lamp!
Appreciate 1
siegester341.00
      11-30-2021, 11:36 PM   #257
jocamero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Question

moproblems I'd really appreciate some more info on how you were able to get the anti-dazzle working on your G82 M4.

I'm new to coding a BMW, but have bimmercode working. Lots of experience with VCDS from the VAG world so this type of thing isn't entirely new to me. However, I've spent a few hours reading up on coding, but it's sparked more questions than answers. Has coding recently changed; is coding even really documented for the G8X cars yet? Can this info be openly shared or is a DM required for copyright reasons with BMW?

More than willing to spend a few more hours reading if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Quote:
Does in fact work on G8X cars as of this post. Used bimmercode, did not code the module that requires esysx, seems to work just fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #258
jocamero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I contacted BimmerCode via email and their response was:

Quote:
we do not have information on the required coding values unfortunately.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 06:54 PM   #259
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocamero View Post

I found one YouTube video coding with Bimmercode anti-dazzle on an X5m iirc.

With that said, I think it was an F-chasis and not a G.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:46 PM   #260
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
we do not have information on the required coding values unfortunately.
What ideas are you looking for? Bimmercode only FDL codes; it doesn't map some of the required ECUs like KAFAS. As a result, you won't get full or proper functionality even though you may be able to use expert mode to code some of the NCD values in BDC via the app. You get basic functionality which seems sufficient for some folks; you'll have to get used to things like the light sensitivity to oncoming traffic, road signs, reflectors, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #261
jocamero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks for chiming in. I'm looking for how to fully reenable what was disabled by BMW NA. How do I do this?

I see '5AP' was decoded on my build sheet. I presume this disables the adaptive features of the laser lights.

If Bimmercode is the wrong solution for 'fixing' this, what is the correct method for the G series?

Sorry for what are probably redundant questions for those with experience coding BMWs. I'm just reading a lot of conflicting information in the forums. (e.g. you have to use E-sys. Then someone says they got it to work with Bimmercode.)

Quote:
What ideas are you looking for? Bimmercode only FDL codes; it doesn't map some of the required ECUs like KAFAS. As a result, you won't get full or proper functionality even though you may be able to use expert mode to code some of the NCD values in BDC via the app. You get basic functionality which seems sufficient for some folks; you'll have to get used to things like the light sensitivity to oncoming traffic, road signs, reflectors, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 10:45 PM   #262
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in. I'm looking for how to fully reenable what was disabled by BMW NA. How do I do this?

I see '5AP' was decoded on my build sheet. I presume this disables the adaptive features of the laser lights.

If Bimmercode is the wrong solution for 'fixing' this, what is the correct method for the G series?

Sorry for what are probably redundant questions for those with experience coding BMWs. I'm just reading a lot of conflicting information in the forums. (e.g. you have to use E-sys. Then someone says they got it to work with Bimmercode.)
Yes, that is what that code means.

E-sys + E-sysX or Launcher Pro 3.7 or EsysPlus + Psdzdata.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 01:19 AM   #263
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
I'm not sure where you're getting conflicting info from but this particular thread covers anti-dazzle using Esys (and LauncherPro or Esys-X.) For VO coding only, all you need is Esys. I put down the steps for VO in this thread - perhaps you should take a look. For better functionality you'll need to FDL code using LauncherPro or Esys-X all of which have been discussed here.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2021, 05:58 AM   #264
doaydin
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw g21

Hello,

I have g21 2021 model with basic led(with ugly big day light) ı have retrofitted laser light but lights are not moving right and left or corner lifgt is not turning on when ı change steering angle. I have HBA high beam auto on of is working.

İs it related coding or hardware limitation issue?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0