Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA G20 LED Lights

09-23-2021, 01:35 AM   #1
tryout9909
Rep
Drives: G20 330I MSport

G20 LED Lights

Hi All,

I just picked up a low Km 2019 G20 330i MSport and couldn't be happier.

It has factory sunroof so had assumed this was part of the visibility package and it would have Laser Headlights too but it doesn't, I am not fussed as this would not have influenced my final decision one way or the other.

It does have Auto High Beam which seems to work really well

The lights are what I refer to as bending lights so as the steering angle is changed the lights follow it but it does not have low speed side lights that brighten the footpath when cornering.

As I understand it there are 3 grades of lights with the variations stamped on the outer side of lens assembly.
BMW LED - What I have with limited functionality
BMW Adaptive LED - these do functions like low speed side lights, split HB etc
BMW Laser - All singing all dancing headlights that do everything.

I cant afford or warrant upgrading existing headlights to Laser but does anyone know is it possible to upgrade BMW LED to BMW Adaptive LED and get all the functionality included and if so any idea of a cost.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 01:22 AM   #2
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryout9909 View Post
Hi All,

I just picked up a low Km 2019 G20 330i MSport and couldn't be happier.

It has factory sunroof so had assumed this was part of the visibility package and it would have Laser Headlights too but it doesn't, I am not fussed as this would not have influenced my final decision one way or the other.

It does have Auto High Beam which seems to work really well

The lights are what I refer to as bending lights so as the steering angle is changed the lights follow it but it does not have low speed side lights that brighten the footpath when cornering.

As I understand it there are 3 grades of lights with the variations stamped on the outer side of lens assembly.
BMW LED - What I have with limited functionality
BMW Adaptive LED - these do functions like low speed side lights, split HB etc
BMW Laser - All singing all dancing headlights that do everything.

I cant afford or warrant upgrading existing headlights to Laser but does anyone know is it possible to upgrade BMW LED to BMW Adaptive LED and get all the functionality included and if so any idea of a cost.

Cheers
This is outside of my comfort zone, but it would appear logical to me that both the hardware and the software would require to be upgraded (I’m more than happy to be proven incorrect on this statement).
However, I think your first course of action would be to have a chat with the Genius or Service Manager at your dealership.

In the meantime, enjoy owning and driving your G20. They are great cars…….
      09-24-2021, 05:14 AM   #3
tryout9909
Rep
Drives: G20 330I MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post

Thanks for the input Steve, I have wanted to own BMW of some description for 40 years now but the opportunity never raised its head till recently, It's not brand new and may not be my 1st choice colour or have all the add ons I would have chosen but I am loving it thus far.

I am not dissatisfied which sometimes happens at the fruition of a long held dream

I'll talk to Adelaide or Glenelg BMW

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:10 AM   #4
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d g20

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryout9909 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post

Thanks for the input Steve, I have wanted to own BMW of some description for 40 years now but the opportunity never raised its head till recently, It's not brand new and may not be my 1st choice colour or have all the add ons I would have chosen but I am loving it thus far.

I am not dissatisfied which sometimes happens at the fruition of a long held dream

I'll talk to Adelaide or Glenelg BMW

Cheers
congrats on getting a g20 330i. they are great cars, definitely the best amongst the competition.
since your lights bend with the steering, you have adaptive lights. they come standard with the 2019 330i. you are probably missing fixed corner lights. my 320d doesn't have adaptive lights, but has fixed corner lights which come on when I turn on corners. please let us know what the genius says
Appreciate 0