Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications New Updates Making my car worse.

10-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #23
G_B58
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkoo52 View Post
If manually downshifting, I get more pops and louder, yes probably close to regular sport+ drive mode pre-update. But it's a definitely more tame than manually downshifting felt like before the update.

Remember when you'd drive sport + at slower speed give it some throttle and let off, the rpm of the car would stay high, and the nose of the car would go down? That's completely gone - its like driving in Sport individual mode with engine and transmission in regular sport at all times, so bland.

Can a tune bring my car's character back?
100% a tune will do that, I used mhd on my f30 and it was amazing the difference for just stage 1, and u can pick what mode for burbles to be used as well as what rpm it starts doing it and for how long.
Personally, I was planning to leave this one stock tho, already fast and fun on its own, I liked the idea of having a warranty more than having a slightly quicker car.
Appreciate 0