Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics M340i Sport displays data with OBD

12-21-2020, 05:54 AM   #1
aanagn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i G20

M340i Sport displays data with OBD

Hi guys and congats on the community you've created. I read some of your threads, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have a G20 M340i xDrive with the Connected Package Plus (6U2) and the Live Cockpit Plus (6C2). So I have the analog gauges and (unless I'm hugely mistaken) I don't have the sport displays in my iDrive. Now I regret my decision on not getting the digital display.

So my questions are:
- is there an upgrade I can do at this point to obtain the sport displays? (my dealer said that they don't think so, but I'm convinced they are bored to find a solution)
- is there a way to obtain these data (oil temp, turbo psi) with an obd2 connector and a smartphone app? And if yes, which ones?

I'd like to say at this point, that this is my first BMW car, and I'm not expert with car upgrades and coding (if it wasn't obvious by now).

Thank you all guys in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 09:27 PM   #2
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD [Portimao Blue]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanagn View Post
Hi guys and congats on the community you've created. I read some of your threads, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have a G20 M340i xDrive with the Connected Package Plus (6U2) and the Live Cockpit Plus (6C2). So I have the analog gauges and (unless I'm hugely mistaken) I don't have the sport displays in my iDrive. Now I regret my decision on not getting the digital display.

So my questions are:
- is there an upgrade I can do at this point to obtain the sport displays? (my dealer said that they don't think so, but I'm convinced they are bored to find a solution)
- is there a way to obtain these data (oil temp, turbo psi) with an obd2 connector and a smartphone app? And if yes, which ones?

I'd like to say at this point, that this is my first BMW car, and I'm not expert with car upgrades and coding (if it wasn't obvious by now).

Thank you all guys in advance!
Hopefully you've found your answer by now. If not, BimmerLink and an iVagte Bluetooth OBD adapter would be ideal.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

Except that if the OBD adapter is left connected it will (at least in my 2021 M440 with cockpit pro) trigger the theft alarm when the car is locked.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22b58 View Post
Except that if the OBD adapter is left connected it will (at least in my 2021 M440 with cockpit pro) trigger the theft alarm when the car is locked.
Odd, I run my V1 using an OBD connector and it doesn't trigger. Always connected. Maybe the OBD scanners look different?
Appreciate 0