Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Southampton port

10-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #1
Jasetheace
Mr jason fish
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Southampton port

I’m sorry but don’t want to sound thick , my car has landed at port , can any one tell me how long it will be at port going through customs , then does it get transferred to my dealer or to an inspection bmw garage first . Been on bmw genius and they are way behind in information and one tells me one thing and go on again and some one else says something different.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
Carlos s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasetheace View Post
I’m sorry but don’t want to sound thick , my car has landed at port , can any one tell me how long it will be at port going through customs , then does it get transferred to my dealer or to an inspection bmw garage first . Been on bmw genius and they are way behind in information and one tells me one thing and go on again and some one else says something different.
Not thick at all, I was asking the same thing just last week. The anticipation is a killer!

Mine landed in the UK on a Saturday morning according to genius. Dealer called me Monday morning confirming this, and by COB I got a message from dealer again that it had just forwarded customers. So 1-2 business days for that

The. Usually about a week between to transfer to where they do PDI and then to your dealer. In my case all the PDI stuff was very quick as dealer is ParkLane and they do PDI at port (apparently because they are owned by BMW UK, the delay was in availability of delivery slots.

So in my experience approx a bit less than 2 weeks from when it landed in the UK

Good luck with yours!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
M4dski11z
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasetheace View Post
My M440i landed in Southampton on the morning of the 27th August. It was moved to transportation on the 31st August and was ready for collection on the 7th Sept.

No idea if there are any added delays at port currently though.
Appreciate 0