Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires Installed 19x9 HRE FF10 on my M340 - pics & specs

10-18-2021, 11:59 AM   #23
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzx199331 View Post
Hi your car looks awesome, im trying to do the same square setup with FF11.
Do you have spacers on those? If you do what are the specs of the spacers?
Thank you
Thank you for that

The wheels are 19x9 ET25 and yes I am running a very small (5MM) spacer in the front - this is purely for aesthetics and is absolutely not needed - it's just that even at 50 this guy (Me) likes my fitment very flush . So with spacer my effective ET on the front is now 20.

I have a set of 10mm spacers in the garage and at some point when I have a little time to spare I'm going to test fit the 5mm on the rear and the 10mm on the front - I think it's going to be a little too aggressive for me and likely poke a bit - but it's worth the 20mins or so it'll take me to try

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:22 PM   #24
P_Leotardo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Is that an inventory issue? Meaning I see most all the HRE Flow Form wheels offered in 19" - 22" (see attached pic) but didn't bother adding them to a cart or requesting a quote so maybe that's when the wheel(s) only show available in 20x9 as you shared. Hmmm
Offered doesnt mean for sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 11:47 AM   #25
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If anyone needs an HRE contact (at HRE) drop me a PM - when I purchased I ended up checking stock etc directly with HRE and then used a forum sponsor for the purchase once I had everything figured out (I paid the forum sponsor and then simply had them cut a PO to HRE).

This ended being the best approach for me because I was initially getting a lot of conflicting info from resellers across the country
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #26
GDBimmer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M4CX | '19 X7 5i

Quote:
Glad it helped a bit - I can't tell you how many pics I looked at and offset calculators I used before pulling the trigger on these. HRE and a couple of their resellers initially stated there was not a 19" fitment that would work and advised me to go with 20" wheels (I didnt want to run 20's) -Satoru from HRE and I eventually figured it out in the end - (much praise for Saturo)

For me ideally the wheels would be staggered and the rear tire would be a bit wider but it's damn nice the way it is - I can rotate for the first time in 10+ years - and I'm happy with the net result

Looking forward to seeing your setup
Looks amazing! I just purchased the same wheels and I'm going to pick them up next week, 9.0 rear, and 8.5 front widths. Do you think I would be able to run staggered 275/35/19 rear and 255/35/19 fronts? And should I still get spacers for the rear tires with the increased width? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 01:51 AM   #27
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDBimmer View Post
Looks amazing! I just purchased the same wheels and I'm going to pick them up next week, 9.0 rear, and 8.5 front widths. Do you think I would be able to run staggered 275/35/19 rear and 255/35/19 fronts? And should I still get spacers for the rear tires with the increased width? Thanks!
Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for the kind words

So while I am no expert on these things I'll give you my thoughts (assuming your ET is 25)

275 on the rear? likely not an issue my 255's are far from rubbing so I would think an additional 10mm outward and inward of tire width will not be an issue
255/35/19 fronts? this will be a non issue this is what I am running on the front with a 19x9 - that said your tire will balloon a tad bit more vs mine but nothing to worry about
And should I still get spacers for the rear tires with the increased width? I wouldn't bother with thinking about spacers until you get your wheels/tires on and then decide what looks/works best for you - spacers will be a matter of aesthetics not function (meaning what is your subjective vision or want for a flush fitment)

If you have any interest in looking at my setup before you finalize any decisions - you are welcome to come take a look at my car (I am by the HB pier). Drop me an PM if you'd like

Hope this helps
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #28
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Thank you for that

The wheels are 19x9 ET25 and yes I am running a very small (5MM) spacer in the front - this is purely for aesthetics and is absolutely not needed - it's just that even at 50 this guy (Me) likes my fitment very flush . So with spacer my effective ET on the front is now 20.

I have a set of 10mm spacers in the garage and at some point when I have a little time to spare I'm going to test fit the 5mm on the rear and the 10mm on the front - I think it's going to be a little too aggressive for me and likely poke a bit - but it's worth the 20mins or so it'll take me to try

Hope this helps
Please post photos of your rear wheels with the 5mm spacer (effectively 19 x 9 ET20).
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #29
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Please post photos of your rear wheels with the 5mm spacer (effectively 19 x 9 ET20).
Will do when I get around to test fitting them on the rear
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #30
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Looks perfect and a great looking wheel. Just ordered a set of BC Forged wheels for my car.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 11:52 AM   #31
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Looks perfect and a great looking wheel. Just ordered a set of BC Forged wheels for my car.
Great choice - can't wait to see them
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #32
roberto1337
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

wheels looking awesom on the white bmw
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #33
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msport34 View Post
Love your setup! Sent you a PM as well.

I also want to run 255/35/19 all around. I have the stock 791 wheel in 8.5in ET40 in the rear. Going to buy two 8.5 in 791's (ET40) and throw them in the front for a 255 square setup. Figure id need a 10-15mm spacer for front?

Any input would be great!
Oh shoot sorry I missed your PM - I'm not always the best with seeing those messages. Anyhoo....

Keeping in mind that my wheels are 9" wide with an effective front ET of 20 and rear ET of 25...Your 8.5" wheels ET 40 will (when compared to my setup) retract by 26mm in the front and 21mm in the rear. That said your tire is going to balloon a bit more (6.35MM inner and outer) than mine because your wheel is 1/2" narrower so pushing your wheel out to where mine are would produce a bit more poke.

Anyhoo I hope this helps - offset, fitment etc...is so tough to figure out often times - I know it helps to have something to reference and/or try to replicate so I hope i was able to help a bit

ps- there are several wheel, wheel/tire calculators out there that you can play around with here is one that I like:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Whee...et-Calculator#

Last edited by chenry; 11-19-2021 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: typo (I'm sure there are others I missed HA)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #34
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I've posted these before but figured I'd put them here - a couple more pics for reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
VipinLJ1936.50
RawDog25.00
      03-12-2022, 02:00 AM   #35
jonlimawan
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i Xdrive

Quote:
Ill get some full car shots up soon but for now here are some teaser shots that will give you an idea of fitment etc...

ps- as you'll see from the pics I will-called them at HRE - about a one hour drive south for me. Fun to see their distribution center and offices :-)
  • HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
  • Lowered on Dinan Springs
  • This is the standard liquid metal / silver finish
I have an xDrive, so I plan to run these squared as well.
Do you think the 20x9 would fit 255s without rubbing? What about 245s?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 06:27 AM   #36
RawDog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M340I Xdrive

these are pure sex, that color really does numbers on white! I dig it
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 07:33 AM   #37
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanAlien View Post
these are pure sex, that color really does numbers on white! I dig it
These were my thoughts; exactly what I was stating in your other thread - the HRE FF10 has a very European design; the liquid metal (silver) color helps to exhibit these features, but if you have the exact wheel in Tarmac (matte black) you loose the definition of the wheel design.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 07:53 AM   #38
RawDog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M340I Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbiejones View Post
These were my thoughts; exactly what I was stating in your other thread - the HRE FF10 has a very European design; the liquid metal (silver) color helps to exhibit these features, but if you have the exact wheel in Tarmac (matte black) you loose the definition of the wheel design.
God I want these. Probably wait to get back to the lower 48.. Alaska uses rocks not salt and I couldn’t imagine having Dings all over these within a year
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #39
Chubbiejones
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanAlien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbiejones View Post
God I want these. Probably wait to get back to the lower 48.. Alaska uses rocks not salt and I couldn't imagine having Dings all over these within a year
I could only imagine the amount of damage that could be incurred driving on roads utilizing stones to dampen icy road conditions! Another couple things to keep in mind with the FF10 - the multi spoke design can be more difficult and time consuming to clean; the cost difference for HRE vs a similar competitor is over $100 per wheel. Mind you, HRE is one of, if not, the best manufacturer of wheels on the market so you pay a premium for their products and QC.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 12:25 AM   #40
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlimawan View Post
Quote:
Ill get some full car shots up soon but for now here are some teaser shots that will give you an idea of fitment etc...

ps- as you'll see from the pics I will-called them at HRE - about a one hour drive south for me. Fun to see their distribution center and offices :-)
  • HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlimawan View Post
Quote:

• HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
i'm running staggered 20x9 and 20x10.5, lowered on HRE and 245 in the front and 275 in the rear , no rubbing they're fine
      03-20-2022, 06:35 AM   #41
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:

• HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
Love that look. I’m searching for 19x9 with ET25 and struggling. Most sites force me to enter my car and then only offer 9x8.5J. How did you go about sourcing these?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 07:24 AM   #42
jayree41
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
Quote:
I can't tell you how many pics I looked at and offset calculators I used before pulling the trigger on these.
Same boat here...months of research and comparisons to the point where I was starting to overthink it and confused myself Ultimately, it was a local brick and mortar wheel shop that gave me the confidence to pull the trigger, since they'd be liable for any fitment issues, returns/exchanges, etc. My years of lugging around and shipping incorrect rim orders back to online retailers are over, nice for someone else to handle it for a change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket455 View Post
Quote:
I can't tell you how many pics I looked at and offset calculators I used before pulling the trigger on these.
Same boat here...months of research and comparisons to the point where I was starting to overthink it and confused myself Ultimately, it was a local brick and mortar wheel shop that gave me the confidence to pull the trigger, since they'd be liable for any fitment issues, returns/exchanges, etc. My years of lugging around and shipping incorrect rim orders back to online retailers are over, nice for someone else to handle it for a change
So which setup did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #43
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Fish View Post
Love that look. I’m searching for 19x9 with ET25 and struggling. Most sites force me to enter my car and then only offer 9x8.5J. How did you go about sourcing these?
Hello
I dealt with HRE direct - confirmed inventory availability etc....and then placed an order with a forum sponsor for the wheels based on the info I received from HRE

In that most all (few exceptions) resellers are simply drop shipping from HRE I found the aforementioned to be be the most efficient way to proceed. I initially started my search by speaking with resellers but without exception everyone had a different story to tell me in terms of what would work and what was available etc...which is what drove me to contact HRE directly

Drop me an IM and I can share the HRE contact with you that helped me.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 10:40 PM   #44
Tonywells
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

• HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
Quote:

• HRE FF10
  • 19x9 Square
  • ET25
  • 255/35/19
Cool
Appreciate 0