Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Issues you have noticed with your new 3(G20)

07-27-2020, 07:39 AM   #45
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Cross Traffic Alert still doesn't work
Dealer said it was a software conflict with ACP with no fix to date

Does anyone's actually work and if so what software version are you running
Had the opposite experience today. I was driving on a main road slowing down for an approaching red light. There was a Disco pulling up suddenly from a highish speed to a Stop sign on my left.

X traffic alert must have sensed that the Disco wasn't going to stop, so the 'fireworks' started. The brakes slammed on with the ABS activating. Warning buzzer activated and red side view of a car 🚗 flashed on. It was quite a show! Heartbeat accelerated a few beats as well!
Hurray it works!
Hope the seatbelt didn't try to squash the ribs
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #46
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 35i G20 m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
I noticed today that I don't have wheel lock nuts on any of the wheels of my M340i, they are all just the standard 17mm wheel nuts. The past few Bmw's that I've owned had one wheel lock nut on each wheel. I had a look in the tool kit and there's a spot for the wheel lock nut key, but it's empty.

So my question is, did your G20 come with wheel lock nuts or is this not standard anymore?
Wheel locks are a dealer installed item. It's an extra upsell. The factory doesn't install them.
Appreciate 1
Ikester192120.50
      07-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #47
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Try using the parking assistant (if you have it). When I use it, it gets close to the kerb without scratching the bewdiful mags!
Yes, in certain situations, I do use the parking assistant, but the visuals are not as clear as in the F30. Maybe I should turn off all the yellow and red warning indicators for a better view.
I tend to be over cautious of kerb rash on the wheels. This dates back to when I test drove several cars without a problem and then picked up my brand new 540 Schnitzer and kerbed the front wheel within 30 minutes of owning the car!! Was I pissed off, or what?? I’ve never put myself in that position again.
      07-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #48
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
I noticed today that I don't have wheel lock nuts on any of the wheels of my M340i, they are all just the standard 17mm wheel nuts. The past few Bmw's that I've owned had one wheel lock nut on each wheel. I had a look in the tool kit and there's a spot for the wheel lock nut key, but it's empty.

So my question is, did your G20 come with wheel lock nuts or is this not standard anymore?
Quote:

Hi Ikester

I asked the same question to the dealer when I picked up my car and nope they don't supply any

They cost $164.50 for four
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ikester192120.50
      07-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #49
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Cross Traffic Alert still doesn't work
Dealer said it was a software conflict with ACP with no fix to date

Does anyone's actually work and if so what software version are you running
Had the opposite experience today. I was driving on a main road slowing down for an approaching red light. There was a Disco pulling up suddenly from a highish speed to a Stop sign on my left.

X traffic alert must have sensed that the Disco wasn't going to stop, so the 'fireworks' started. The brakes slammed on with the ABS activating. Warning buzzer activated and red side view of a car 🚗 flashed on. It was quite a show! Heartbeat accelerated a few beats as well!
Hurray it works!
Hope the seatbelt didn't try to squash the ribs
No rib cage good!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #50
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Yes, in certain situations, I do use the parking assistant, but the visuals are not as clear as in the F30. Maybe I should turn off all the yellow and red warning indicators for a better view.
I tend to be over cautious of kerb rash on the wheels. This dates back to when I test drove several cars without a problem and then picked up my brand new 540 Schnitzer and kerbed the front wheel within 30 minutes of owning the car!! Was I pissed off, or what?? I’ve never put myself in that position again.
I really feel for you, you must of DIED.
Yes whats with those yellow and red blocks surely BMW could of made a more elegant precise graphic , they just pee me off
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #51
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
I really feel for you, you must of DIED.
Yes whats with those yellow and red blocks surely BMW could of made a more elegant precise graphic , they just pee me off
You are so right.
The moment I did it, my body just went icy cold.
Only one person to blame!
      07-28-2020, 11:50 PM   #52
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

So I'm usually pretty clued up with tech but this has me stumped

Every time I get in my car i receive a pop up suggesting a destination, in the morning , it pops up with my work address and during the day it comes up with my home address etc I have to clear it every time.

I've turned off the learning of destinations feature in the sat nav as well as disabling my location in connected drive but notice it still logging my trips in CD and still insists on suggesting destinations every time

Any other suggestions how to disable this annoying feature
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:11 PM   #53
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:

Every time I get in my car i receive a pop up suggesting a destination, in the morning , it pops up with my work address and during the day it comes up with my home address etc I have to clear it every time.

I've turned off the learning of destinations feature in the sat nav as well as disabling my location in connected drive but notice it still logging my trips in CD and still insists on suggesting destinations every time

Quote:

Hopefully this should help you out:

Tilt controller forward, then select notifications. Tilt right to settings and select settings.
Under Notifications for, unselect Automate my Habits . I think that should fix it, but if not Scroll down and unselect the check box under Show at Start of Journey (notifications and recomm) And then scroll down to Show at end of Journey and unselect whatever you don't want.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #54
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
I've noticed that BMW are now too miserable to put sound deadening insulation under the rear speaker shelf. Probably because you don't notice it's not there unless you are a contortionist.
I'm pretty sure all my past BMW sedans have had insulation fitted under the shelf.
But I do have insulation under the bonnet...seems that only comes with the 2 extra cylinders in the M340i and doesn't come with 320 or 330
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:45 PM   #55
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

I posted this in another forum but I might as well post it here too.

I have water dripping from these 3 holes. I suspect these are the holes to drain the AC condensation. My 2 previous cars did not drip as much water onto the ground as the BMW.

I'm not too worried because it's just water and it appears to be draining from somewhere its supposed to be draining from.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 11:24 PM   #56
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow great post Erawamai

I too have heard the dreaded dripping and was wondering did my car spring a leak !!
Good photos I now know its normal , you would think BMW would have a more elegant solution like maybe a pipe?

I have a BIG issue to post here

My issue is "Traffic in Sydney is so bad" I cannot enjoy my car
Could somebody please remove all the traffic so I can enjoy
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 12:03 AM   #57
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Wow great post Erawamai

My issue is "Traffic in Sydney is so bad" I cannot enjoy my car
Could somebody please remove all the traffic so I can enjoy
Ahm.. a little covid will fix that.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 01:05 AM   #58
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Ahm.. a little covid will fix that.
Noooooo , none for us thanks we already had some

Now I understand what Eco Pro is for , I vowed never to use it, but traffic is so bad, I thought I would give it a go , saving the earth from fossil fuels and all .... so no power but then again at 5km/h who needs it. , I do like the Blue Effect though.

I nearly had a heart attack, used the sun visor and did not clip it in properly , so was making a clack clack noise, thought it was coming from the centre speaker in the dash, then i thought that was an issue on the forum that I hear mentioned...Oh no... then I realised hhahahahah
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #59
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
I'm not getting burbles in sport any more, and barely a soft fart in sport plus...
Why???
Hi NoSUV4Me

Sorry can't help you , I live in Sydney so cannot engage Sport Mode as all cars like to do max 40km/h here
I long for the day I can here the (BBB)Baby Blue Beast burbling
Hhahahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 03:23 AM   #60
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Microphone not working when switching from Airpod Pros to Car

Hi Good Folk.

So I was on my Apple Airpod Pros having a conversation , then I got into the car and the audio switched to the car all good.
But then the person could not hear me
Called from the car using Apple CarPlay mutliple times but same result.
So I got out the car locked it , got back in held down the volume knob to switch the system off and then did it again to switch it on
And all was good.

I also tried Apple Maps to speak a destination , it could not hear me, so Apple CarPlay must of got confused when I switched from my Airpods to the car.

For a moment I thought the microphone in the car did not work anymore ..pheew.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:30 PM   #61
7crwolf
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i G20

The wireless charger is seriously going to ruin my iPhone XR. Every time I use Carplay on wireless charge, the phone gets extremely hot. Also, wireless CarPlay drops out audio every time I go anywhere near an automatic tolling point. The reader must disrupt the wireless connection to Carplay. Both of these issues are really starting to piss me off.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #62
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7crwolf View Post
The wireless charger is seriously going to ruin my iPhone XR. Every time I use Carplay on wireless charge, the phone gets extremely hot. Also, wireless CarPlay drops out audio every time I go anywhere near an automatic tolling point. The reader must disrupt the wireless connection to Carplay. Both of these issues are really starting to piss me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7crwolf View Post
Yup I found it heats it up a lot so I don't use it
I just charge my phone at home
The wireless charger tray is my sun glass holder hahaha
I have not experiencing dropouts yet but will check next time I go through a toll
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #63
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I know this is starting to irritate me. Came up a few days ago and I keep accepting it and keeps popping up every few minutes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #64
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
I know this is starting to irritate me. Came up a few days ago and I keep accepting it and keeps popping up every few minutes
I think you need to go into setting and then data privacy to accept the new terms. The notifications never came up again after that.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #65
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
I think you need to go into setting and then data privacy to accept the new terms. The notifications never came up again after that.
: yeah that's what I said I keep accepting the terms etc and a few minutes later it comes back
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #66
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
: yeah that's what I said I keep accepting the terms etc and a few minutes later it comes back
That's strange. I did it once and the notification never came up again. Sorry not sure what's causing your problem. 🤔
Appreciate 0