Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum BMW is telling me 2 different things, no eta, wont give me more information

02-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #1
Bmwlasereyes
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

BMW is telling me 2 different things, no eta, wont give me more information

Hey guys. So I orderd a car back on nov 7. My dealership told me I would have the car in 6-8 weeks (obviously very wrong). I had it timed with my lease. My lease ran out & I have been without a car for awhile now. I have been very patient but im beginning to get annoyed. My car was supposed to be delivered at my dealership 2 Sundays ago. It never happened. I call bmw Genius & they tell me its on a truck (which is wrong). Its been on a truck over a week according to them (the truck drive is from NJ to NY which is only a few hours) so it shouldn't be on a truck for a week. I called my salesman & he tells me its just sitting collecting dust in NJ & that it hasnt been put on a truck even though it was scheduled to be on one 2 weeks ago. He cannot tell me anymore information nor give me a timeline. He even sounded annoyed that I keep asking. So now I got no clue what to do. Im not able to get status updates from Genius nor my salesman anymore at this point. Is this a normal experience or is there something wrong going on? Its getting ridiculous that no one knows whats going on with my car.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 05:34 AM   #2
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

The process can be pretty opaque and it is rife with all kinds of delays these days. I ordered a car early November last year from dealer allocation. It was built almost 2 months later - on Jan 12 in Munich and arrived at the port for shipping within a few days. Well, it's been sitting at the port for close to 1 month now. There are no recalls or stop-sale. The car is just sitting there - supposedly waiting to be assigned to a vessel. I have called Genius once a week since it got to the port, and each week, they tell me it should be moving within the week lol! After this car is put on a ship, I am expecting 2 - 2.5 weeks to whatever port it will go to on the US east coast, then I don't know how long in VPC before it gets put on a truck and sent to my dealership. I am probably looking at 4 months or more from order date before I get the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

If your dealer will give you the name of the trucking company and your car has been released to the trucking company (given the keys) you can contact them and ask when your car is expected to be picked up. I did this when my car was waiting at the Brunswick, GA VPC. The folks at the trucking company were very nice and I knew when my car was picked up before the dealership did. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

You salesman is likely correct and it is just waiting for transportation. As you have probably read, there is a shortage of drivers so goods are taking longer to be delivered. In December there were over 1,000 completed vehicles sitting down in Spartanburg waiting a couple of weeks for a truck.

Hopefully yours moves soon.