04-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #67
rico25
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: #G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5468 View Post
I have added the below using Bimmercode Beta in standard mode on a UK spec car running BMW 07/20.54 software.

I have to keep a list as I need to re code the car each time I download the latest BMW software update as it wipes most of this coding and I have to start again.

Coding is done at your own risk. You need the correct software version and modules on the car for all coding to work correctly. All codes work on my car, but it is possible to cause serious damage to the car particularly in "expert mode".

Head Unit MGU
Remove legal disclaimers
M start up animation in I drive
Video in Motion enable
Radio 50% at start up
Tyre pressure & temperature both displayed
Front DRL check box added in I drive
Body Domain Controller BDC
Start car in adaptive mode
Light / rain sensor insensitive
Turn off passenger mirror tilt in reverse
Rear LEDS on with front DRL's
Boot opening delay to 1 second
No horn when locking car with engine running
Window lifter interuption when opening door - removed
Advanced Crash Module ACSM
Remove seat belt chimes driver and passenger
Change rear view camera to 50km and 50m
Engine Control Unit DME
Air con memory remember last setting
Air con auto settings used in manual mode
Instrument Cluster DKOMBI
Alpina dash layout
Powertailgate Module HKFM
Close tailgate without long press on remote

I added the below in expert mode

Enable Sport + function & Comfort + functions
Expert mode
Body Domain Controller - BDC
3221 PfFesMaster > fes > Change FesSportWorldMode1 to SportExpert (Default should be Non sport expert).
"3221 PfFesMaster" > fes > comfort plus > Comfort Plus

Enable sport + & comfort + options in the I drive menu
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3008 > Fes_sport_Expert > Change nicht aktiv to aktiv for sport +
3008 > Fes_Comfort_Plus and change it to aktiv for comfort +

Enable Auto Steering Wheel heat option in I drive
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3000 HMI SPEECH > AKT_Auto_Lenkradheizung > aktiv

Enable Auto Steering Wheel heat function
3142 PfLinLRE > LHZ_ CCM_IKF > aktiv
3450 Others 1 > IKF_ENABLE: ikf_alle_sitze

Enable Rear Camera Zoom (Towbar)
Expert mode
Headunit – MGU
300B Parken- Macro_trailer_coupling > active.

Enable Bowers & Wilkins HI FI & Equaliser
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3002 - Audio Broadcast – Audio System then change the parameters from alev3-Ram to alev4-Ram code

Ambient light colours were then changed in expert mode with an additional instruction sheet which I have.
Hey man! do you know how to code your trunk to close with the key fob on bimmercode? thanks
Appreciate 1
Fepaxd0.00
      04-15-2021, 01:50 AM   #68
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico25 View Post
Hey man! do you know how to code your trunk to close with the key fob on bimmercode? thanks
I have attached a PDF (not allowed to load XLS files) of a few BimmerCode Cheats (that I started last year) that some people might find useful. Most of these are known to those that have used BimmerCode Expert previously. The list contains the code you're looking for for closing the boot (trunk) with the button in the drivers door trim and the keyfob. On the drivers door switch, Push to Open, Pull to Close.

Enable Tailgate close with keyfob or switch (No holding) 000055D7 HKFM2 300B HKL_REMOTECONTROLLIFTGATEBUTTON_BUTTON_TYPE Change to >05<

Please have a look through and it would be great if you could add any codes that you know of, and that I have missed. I'm sure there are plenty of other codes missing from this list. eg: I'd like to know how to display the Tyre Temp and Pressure widget in the cockpit dash.

I have asked for Lane Change Assistant to be added to BimmerCode Expert, but, unfortunately, the module SAS2 is missing from BimmerCode and, thus, this coding can only be performed with E-SYS at the moment.

One particularly useful recent addition is reinstating the Tachometer in Sports Mode. After OTA updates 07/2020 and 11/2020.50, I found that my Tacho would not display in the HUD when in Sports mode unless permanently displayed was selected. It worked fine when my car was built in Jan 2020, but the OTA's wiped it out.
This six line fix does the trick. After coding and while in iDrive, under Car Settings, Displays, HUD......change the sports displays to Automatic. Works a treat and still allows driving assistance displays in all other driving modes.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW G20 Coding Cheat Sheet - Apr 2021.pdf (89.9 KB, 13785 views)
      04-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #69
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico25 View Post
I have attached a PDF (not allowed to load XLS files) of a few BimmerCode Cheats (that I started last year) that some people might find useful. Most of these are known to those that have used BimmerCode Expert previously. The list contains the code you're looking for for closing the boot (trunk) with the button in the drivers door trim and the keyfob. On the drivers door switch, Push to Open, Pull to Close.

Enable Tailgate close with keyfob or switch (No holding) 000055D7 HKFM2 300B HKL_REMOTECONTROLLIFTGATEBUTTON_BUTTON_TYPE Chang e to >05<

Please have a look through and it would be great if you could add any codes that you know of, and that I have missed. I'm sure there are plenty of other codes missing from this list. eg: I'd like to know how to display the Tyre Temp and Pressure widget in the cockpit dash.

I have asked for Lane Change Assistant to be added to BimmerCode Expert, but, unfortunately, the module SAS2 is missing from BimmerCode and, thus, this coding can only be performed with E-SYS at the moment.

One particularly useful recent addition is reinstating the Tachometer in Sports Mode. After OTA updates 07/2020 and 11/2020.50, I found that my Tacho would not display in the HUD when in Sports mode unless permanently displayed was selected. It worked fine when my car was built in Jan 2020, but the OTA's wiped it out.
This six line fix does the trick. After coding and while in iDrive, under Car Settings, Displays, HUD......change the sports displays to Automatic. Works a treat and still allows driving assistance displays in all other driving modes.
Where do I find this aforementioned PDF? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 12:58 AM   #70
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
I'd like to know how to display the Tyre Temp and Pressure widget in the cockpit dash.
HU_MGU
M_VEHICLE_SP2018_Ruecko -> active

It will also enable the widget on idrive
Appreciate 2
SteveAus259.50
      04-16-2021, 02:56 AM   #71
helmet91
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i X-Drive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
HU_MGU

Does this have the icons as well? Or just the numbers?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 04:11 AM   #72
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Does this have the icons as well? Or just the numbers?
Don’t have green tire on the instrumental cluster
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #73
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglesias31 View Post
It’s in my post, under “Attached Images”.
Just click the PDF icon and you’ll see the file.
      04-16-2021, 09:46 PM   #74
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HU_MGU

Many thanks for this.
I’ll give it a go later.
      04-17-2021, 12:41 AM   #75
rico25
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
HU_MGU

Many thanks for this.
I'll give it a go later.
Have you try that Tyre tem coding as yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 06:33 AM   #76
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglesias31 View Post
It’s in my post, under “Attached Images”.
Just click the PDF icon and you’ll see the file.
Ohhh, I was on the app and it wasn't showing up. It shows up on the actual website. Thank you very much!
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #77
dvilla2156
Rep
Drives: Acura TL

I tried this coding (tire pressure and temperature) but nothing popped up in idrive. What else do you have to do? Followed instructions on your pdf too
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 04:49 AM   #78
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Curious for the "colder air conditioning" - is there any info on what the values are doing here? I understand the first key is changing country variant, which is somewhat dubious all in the name of getting some cooler air; is that changing the region only for the A/C?
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2021, 06:20 AM   #79
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

One of my preset buttons takes me to displaying tire pressure; just displayed tire status & pressed and held preset button. Also, have on one of iDrive screens

I also tried coding tire pressure widget in Instrument cluster, but in so doing, it forces iDrive into some kind of M display logic & knocks out Tach in HUD completely

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #80
dvilla2156
Rep
Drives: Acura TL

After coding the cooler air conditioning and tire pressure/temperature my remote start doesn't work anyone have the same problem?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 04:42 AM   #81
rico25
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Hey guys, does anyone knows how to Code BMW Chime? I would like to change the BMW warning chime sound to the Roll Royce chime. Let me know if anyone do this on their G20, cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #82
Joe-BMW33
Major General
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i|'21 X5|'03 540i

Garage List
2013 VW Tiguan  [0.00]
2015 Infiniti QX60  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2003 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M550  [10.00]
Quote:

Enable Sport + function & Comfort + functions
Expert mode
3221 PfFesMaster > fes > Change FesSportWorldMode1 to SportExpert (Default should be Non sport expert).
“3221 PfFesMaster” > fes > comfort plus > Comfort Plus

Enable sport + & comfort + options in the I drive menu
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3008 > Fes_sport_Expert > Change nicht aktiv to aktiv for sport +
3008 > Fes_Comfort_Plus and change it to aktiv for comfort +

Enable Auto Steering Wheel heat option in I drive
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3000 HMI SPEECH > AKT_Auto_Lenkradheizung > aktiv

Enable Auto Steering Wheel heat function
3142 PfLinLRE > LHZ_ CCM_IKF > aktiv
3450 Others 1 > IKF_ENABLE: ikf_alle_sitze

Enable Rear Camera Zoom (Towbar)
Expert mode
Headunit – MGU
300B Parken- Macro_trailer_coupling > active.

Enable Bowers & Wilkins HI FI & Equaliser
Expert mode
Headunit - MGU
3002 - Audio Broadcast – Audio System then change the parameters from alev3-Ram to alev4-Ram code

Ambient light colours were then changed in expert mode with an additional instruction sheet which I have.
Hey Andy, thanks for this. I am new to Bimmercode but catching up quickly. Are the above Sport Mode and other mode codings for having the car start up in those modes or remember these modes or are they just a custom configuration not obtainable through iDrive?

Can you elaborate more on the B&W Eq coding? I've got an EQ now, curious what this does.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 08:13 AM   #83
Basti@G20 320D
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E46, F30, G20

Quote:

Enable Tailgate close with keyfob or switch (No holding) 000055D7 HKFM2 300B HKL_REMOTECONTROLLIFTGATEBUTTON_BUTTON_TYPE Change to >05<

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 05:08 AM   #84
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Has anybody tried the HVAC_REMOTE_ENGINE_START (I don't recall where this was found but I want to say it's HU_MGU -> 3000 HMI) - seems like this might allow for the engine to start in order to run the air con, or perhaps I'm being too hopeful?

Last edited by Talisman77; 04-20-2021 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #85
andy5468
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340D LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Hey Andy, thanks for this. I am new to Bimmercode but catching up quickly. Are the above Sport Mode and other mode codings for having the car start up in those modes or remember these modes or are they just a custom configuration not obtainable through iDrive?

Can you elaborate more on the B&W Eq coding? I've got an EQ now, curious what this does.

Thanks in advance.
Sport + adds a selectable option in I drive making the accelerator and gear changes more aggressive than standard Sport mode. This is only available through expert coding option. There are plenty of threads here regarding enabling Sport +

Having the car start in certain modes is selectable in the standard Bimmercode options list.

The Bowers and Wilkins HI FI enables additional sound settings for concert, stadium, cinema etc. Personally I find this sounds better than my standard Harmon Kardon equaliser settings.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 01:14 PM   #86
Joe-BMW33
Major General
Rep
Drives: '18 M550i|'21 X5|'03 540i

Garage List
2013 VW Tiguan  [0.00]
2015 Infiniti QX60  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2003 BMW 540i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M550  [10.00]
Quote:
Sport + adds a selectable option in I drive making the accelerator and gear changes more aggressive than standard Sport mode. This is only available through expert coding option. There are plenty of threads here regarding enabling Sport +

Having the car start in certain modes is selectable in the standard Bimmercode options list.

The Bowers and Wilkins HI FI enables additional sound settings for concert, stadium, cinema etc. Personally I find this sounds better than my standard Harmon Kardon equaliser settings.
Thanks, I have done a lot of homework on driving mode at start up since I posted this. I am going to leave it be. On the B&W sound modes, I have all these available to me now from the facory.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #87
Basti@G20 320D
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E46, F30, G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman77 View Post
Has anybody tried the HVAC_REMOTE_ENGINE_START (I don't recall where this was found but I want to say it's HU_MGU -> 3000 HMI) - seems like this might allow for the engine to start in order to run the air con, or perhaps I'm being too hopeful?
Sadly you are being to hopefull, european cars need some hardware to, not only coding.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #88
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti@G20 320D View Post
Sadly you are being to hopefull, european cars need some hardware to, not only coding.
Thanks, figured that was probably the case. Ah well!
Appreciate 0