Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Which function do you regret (not) getting?

03-03-2021, 01:35 PM   #67
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
What are the shadowline lights you refer to?
The darkening of the chrome elements and surrounds inside the lights, it makes the car so much better looking and adds to the mean look.

The only option that was available at the time that my car did not have was the tow hitch.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #68
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
The darkening of the chrome elements and surrounds inside the lights, it makes the car so much better looking and adds to the mean look.

The only option that was available at the time that my car did not have was the tow hitch.
Oh, that's interesting. I have no idea where that fits in the US market. I have never seen a description specific to the darkening of the chrome elements. The only option we have unless I'm missing something is simply called "Shadowline Package" but contains what is referred to as "Extended Shadowline Trim".

Here's a photo of an M340i that was at my dealer loaded with pretty much everything including the Executive package that includes the laser lights. It's not a great quality photo as I grabbed it from the dealer's website but I cannot tell if there is a darker accent around the lights specifically. Doesn't look like it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #69
HakunaMatata132
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xdrive

Add Driving Assistance Pro after purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap340i View Post
Would buy Mineral Grey/Cognac/Oak again, very pleased with this combo.
  • Adaptive suspension is a must if you drive in a metro area with a passenger, especially if married to that passenger.
  • Thought about upgrading to H/K but figured I would give the standard system a try. It is not great.
  • Not sure about Laserlights. I got them because it is always a good idea to upgrade lighting, but until their full potential is available in the US it was probably a waste.
  • Did not buy the Driver Assistance Pro although I would have bought adaptive cruise if available as a stand alone option. Personally, too old for self-driving cars.
  • Bought the spare tire, and I don't really use my trunk, but it does take up a considerable amount of room. The tops of grocery bags get bent by the trunk lid.

In almost every way the car has exceeded expectations.
Can we add ACC aftermarket or from dealer? I have the base Driving Assistance Package and the Parking Assistance Plus
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #70
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakunaMatata132 View Post
Can we add ACC aftermarket or from dealer? I have the base Driving Assistance Package and the Parking Assistance Plus
I looked into the parts - as far as I can tell the wiring and back end stuff is all there. I couldn't find anybody who had installed the sensor and coded it. I convinced myself that you needed Driving Assistance Pro but I would very much like to be proven wrong. Thought I would pursue this spring since winter in MN is a lousy time to do anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #71
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Oh, that's interesting. I have no idea where that fits in the US market. I have never seen a description specific to the darkening of the chrome elements. The only option we have unless I'm missing something is simply called "Shadowline Package" but contains what is referred to as "Extended Shadowline Trim".

Here's a photo of an M340i that was at my dealer loaded with pretty much everything including the Executive package that includes the laser lights. It's not a great quality photo as I grabbed it from the dealer's website but I cannot tell if there is a darker accent around the lights specifically. Doesn't look like it.
I'm sure you'll see them on the M3/M4's soon enough if it's not yet an option in the NA market.

The shot you attached does not indeed show the shadowline lights so here is a shot from the G30. In real life it looks like a gunmetal finish.

Name:  The-New-BMW-530i-Touring-Luxury-Line-G31-LCI-25-830x553.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  80.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #72
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Agreed. Looks much better. A shame we don't get that option for the regular 3 series here. I could be wrong though I have not seen that option anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #73
DawnRacer
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M-Sport

I wonder if those can be retrofitted? I want them badly.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 09:02 PM   #74
nye2018sd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series (F30)

Ambient Lighting G20

Although my G20 is a loaner, with nice color combo Mineral Grey Metallic on Biege, I thought the car had the ambient lighting option but It didnt. Totally worth it and for $250, BMW should make it STANDARD.

Personally, I would not mind paying up to $1000 if a BMW dealership can add this option for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 09:30 PM   #75
Baworak
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I regret not getting M Sport seats, but they weren't in red leather, thus the regret is only marginal.

On the other hand, I don't regret not getting adaptive suspension, as the difference between Comfort and Sport was barely noticeable and the M Sport suspension has the better springs anyways. I confess to choosing the Driving Assistant Professional just because the front radar looks better than the Driver Assistant's one.

I'm upset EU variants don't have lock/unlock buttons on passenger door. While it is available in US/CA, I wonder why BMW didn't enable this option in EU, should it be for a reasonable price. Why BMW, why?

Last edited by Baworak; 03-03-2021 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #76
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Hi,

I've had my M340 for a little over a year and a half; have been following this thread for a couple of days.

What package do I regret not getting? While I am anything but a fan of run flats, I didn't get the ZTK package, consisting of added oil cooler & performance tires (don't think larger front brakes were included). I've already swapped out front axle. I must add, however, the non-square set up (225 front & 255 rear) handles great.

I did get Executive package because of the HUD, which I found absolutely useful on my last BMW; however, the Gesture Control is not -- since both my better half & I use our hands when speaking, right after we picked up car, we had iDrive & radio going nuts! I unchecked it and haven't used since

Finally, one piece of advice. Make sure whatever wheel set up you get causes option 840 to be included. I am glad I did because that increases top end speed from 130 to 155mph & really unleashes the beast in this great car that does a terrific job of being both a DD & a Performance machine

Hope that helps!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
Wayner64.50
      03-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #77
Wayner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by inire View Post
Thanks for all the input, this thread turned to be quite a nice conversation.
After thinking it about for a few days, I've decided that next week, when I place my order, I'll order the Live Cockpit Pro and the HUD as well - I just dont want to miss them later (although they are going to be expensive investments with regard to the EU prices )
To be fair, I drove a few cars with HUD, and I found it a really useful feature.
As I've heard, the "new" BMW HUD (which is in the G20 as well) is quite a nice one with nice colors and good readability - can y'all confirm it?
Make sure you have non polarized sunglasses or the HUD is not visable 😎
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #78
seelark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayner View Post
Quote:
After thinking it about for a few days, I've decided that next week, when I place my order, I'll order the Live Cockpit Pro and the HUD as well - I just dont want to miss them later (although they are going to be expensive investments with regard to the EU prices )
To be fair, I drove a few cars with HUD, and I found it a really useful feature.
As I've heard, the "new" BMW HUD (which is in the G20 as well) is quite a nice one with nice colors and good readability - can y'all confirm it?
Do you have the front windows tinted? It sounds like a common problem in Australia also. I wear prescription polarised sunglasses and the HUD is more visible than without them 🤔, obviously we have little sunshine in the UK 🌦 Front tints are illegal over here.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #79
Rux
Captain
Rep
Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Power Trunk (boot).
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00
      03-04-2021, 10:29 AM   #80
psaav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340 xDrive

Quote:
How did you order the PS4s? As far as I know, even if you get the ZTK package, you have no idea what you will get for tires. May be Pirelli summer tires but I'm really keeping my fingers crossed I'll get the Michelins.
I ordered the 791 cerium grey 19" wheel option with high-performance non-run flat. My CA told me that he normally saw PS4s come with that setup.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:33 AM   #81
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

I've had my M340 for a little over a year and a half; have been following this thread for a couple of days.

What package do I regret not getting? While I am anything but a fan of run flats, I didn't get the ZTK package, consisting of added oil cooler & performance tires (don't think larger front brakes were included). I've already swapped out front axle. I must add, however, the non-square set up (225 front & 255 rear) handles great.

I did get Executive package because of the HUD, which I found absolutely useful on my last BMW; however, the Gesture Control is not -- since both my better half & I use our hands when speaking, right after we picked up car, we had iDrive & radio going nuts! I unchecked it and haven't used since

Finally, one piece of advice. Make sure whatever wheel set up you get causes option 840 to be included. I am glad I did because that increases top end speed from 130 to 155mph & really unleashes the beast in this great car that does a terrific job of being both a DD & a Performance machine

Hope that helps!
This is interesting. Since you've owned your car for 1.5 years, it's apparent things have changed as per what is included as standard nowadays?

I'm looking at my order sheet and it includes "840 Increased top speed limiter". I would think that ordering an M340i that is definitely standard, no? Can't imagine owning an M performance car that won't go over 130mph.

The ZTK package I find interesting because there is absolutely no mention of larger front rotor/caliper on the BMW USA website. Only found out after reading the lengthy thread here on this forum. I opted for this just to get performance non runflats.

Executive package isn't required in order to get HUD. It's included with the less expensive Premium package. I may have misinterpreted your explanation however. I thought about getting the exec package for the laser lights but decided it wasn't worth it. I certainly didn't want that stupid gesture control. Seems pointless to me.

One thing I did realize is that I don't know whether my car will have a staggered tire package or the same on all 4. Hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #82
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaav View Post
I ordered the 791 cerium grey 19" wheel option with high-performance non-run flat. My CA told me that he normally saw PS4s come with that setup.
Cool. I'm so hoping I too get the PS4s or I'm gonna be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 11:00 AM   #83
Wayner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have the front windows tinted? It sounds like a common problem in Australia also. I wear prescription polarised sunglasses and the HUD is more visible than without them 🤔, obviously we have little sunshine in the UK 🌦 Front tints are illegal over here.
No tint......illegal here also
No front plate is a good compromise though ha ha
Not much sun either here on the east coast of Canada 🤪
My HUD is certainly not visible with mine on but my vision certainly isn't stellar!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #84
RedKloud
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
No tint......illegal here also
No front plate is a good compromise though ha ha
Not much sun either here on the east coast of Canada 🤪
My HUD is certainly not visible with mine on but my vision certainly isn't stellar!!
Depends on the polarized glasses... some work OK with HUDs. Otherwise just tilt your head a little .
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #85
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M850i, 22 X6 M50i

Regret not getting the passenger auto eject option.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      03-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #86
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Thanks for confirming that. It was something I hadn't even thought about until now. I did get the HUD as it's a part of the premium package. I'm glad to hear people like it. It'll be the first time for me with this function in any of my cars actually.

OP (inire):
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread
And if you have two different seat settings, you can adjust the height and it’s stored in the seat memory. I gave 1 set higher up for general around town driving and then a more laid back lower setting for long journeys.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      03-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #87
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Regret not getting the passenger auto eject option.
It tricked my daughter for a few seconds when the car starts the count down
Appreciate 1
njfoses283.00
      03-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #88
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
TiMSport ,

Oopso, you got me, my error. Gesture Control was part of Executive package, which I opted for auto high beams & LED headlights with laser beams

Indeed, if you don't get the right wheel package, you won't get the 840 option which ups car's top end to 155mph

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0