BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes G22 M Sport Brake Pads

07-03-2021, 08:02 AM   #1
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

G22 M Sport Brake Pads

I've had my M440i for three months now and the amount of brake dust generated by the OE pads is incredible. The brakes are fantastic and the pads bite very well but I don't care for all the brake dust. Has anyone changed out the OE pads for Carbon Ceramic pads? If so, do these pads bite as well as the O.E. and is there a significant reduction in brake dust? I've used these on other cars and have been happy with them but found they didn't bite quite as hard.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 07:09 AM   #2
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Based on the amount of brake dust on my M340i wheels, I don’t think the OEM pads will last that long.

I have 792M cerium gray wheels, and when freshly washed there is a nice contrast between the cerium gray and the bright machined highlights on the face of the wheel. However, it only seems to take about 30-40 miles of driving before the cerium paint is coated with brake dust (so now very dark gray) and there is a layer of brake dust on the machined surface. I have never seen a wheel get dirty this fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
GaryGK
Private
Rep
Drives: 1987 5.7l IROC-Z, 2021 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
Based on the amount of brake dust on my M340i wheels, I don’t think the OEM pads will last that long.

I have 792M cerium gray wheels, and when freshly washed there is a nice contrast between the cerium gray and the bright machined highlights on the face of the wheel. However, it only seems to take about 30-40 miles of driving before the cerium paint is coated with brake dust (so now very dark gray) and there is a layer of brake dust on the machined surface. I have never seen a wheel get dirty this fast.
I have the 797M wheels so they don't show the brake dust like they would on your wheels. The brake pads are quite thick, so I'm sure they should give reasonable mileage before they need to be replaced.
Appreciate 0