Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Options for lowering m340i xdrive w/ Adaptive Susp?

08-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #1
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Options for lowering m340i xdrive w/ Adaptive Susp?

I currently have a m340i RWD with Dinan springs. The height is perfect, ride and handling are great.

I'll be getting a 2021 m340i xdrive with Adaptive Susp. Are there any options for lowering springs? Dinan doesn't offer them for that spec
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #2
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440Xi and X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrh View Post
I currently have a m340i RWD with Dinan springs. The height is perfect, ride and handling are great.

I'll be getting a 2021 m340i xdrive with Adaptive Susp. Are there any options for lowering springs? Dinan doesn't offer them for that spec
You can go with Cobra, I have them on my M440 xdrive and they are great. Probably ride a little lower than the Dinan, but I think they are a little higher than the H&R. Price point is pretty comparable too.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #3
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaRob21 View Post
You can go with Cobra, I have them on my M440 xdrive and they are great. Probably ride a little lower than the Dinan, but I think they are a little higher than the H&R. Price point is pretty comparable too.
Thanks! I've never heard of Cobra. Looked them up, and seem quite experienced and reputable. I found that AC Schnirzer has them, as well. However, they're priced at around $700.

Do you have Adaptive Susp? If so how did the Cobra affect the the ride and handling?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #4
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep

So far, I've found:

H&R - 1.3 inch / 33 mm drop at around $250
Cobra Suspensions - 1.18 inch / 30 mm drop at around $410
AC Schnitzer - about 1 inch / about 25 mm drop at $720

Thought others may want this information, if they don't know it already. As well, if there are any other suggestions, please post. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #5
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I've never heard of Cobra. Looked them up, and seem quite experienced and reputable. I found that AC Schnirzer has them, as well. However, they're priced at around $700.

Do you have Adaptive Susp? If so how did the Cobra affect the the ride and handling?
I do have the adaptive suspension, overall no complaints on the ride. Its maybe a little firmer in comfort, but not so much so that I find it a problem for my 34+ mile each way commute that typically involves a mix of every quality of road surface imaginable. Everything firms up nicely in sport and a good fast curve feels pretty flat.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #6
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep

Quote:
So far, I've found:

Thought others may want this information, if they don't know it already. As well, if there are any other suggestions, please post. Thanks
Also seeing as you are in the DC area, there are some good options for install, I went to one of the Curry's Craftsman Auto locations and they had the best overall install price. Also got a decent discount as a BMW CCA member.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 06:03 PM   #7
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Also seeing as you are in the DC area, there are some good options for install, I went to one of the Curry's Craftsman Auto locations and they had the best overall install price. Also got a decent discount as a BMW CCA member.
Thanks for the replies and recommendation! I work in the Tysons area, and looks like they have a location in McLean.

I looked at your pictures, in your thread, and am wondering how much the Cobra springs lowered your 440i. If you look at your car, from the side, can you see the top of your tire tread? Wondering how much space is between the top of the outer tread and bottom of the fender. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
RKT SHP
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Thank you

Quote:
So far, I've found:

Appreciate 1
amrh296.50
      08-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #9
NoVaRob21
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the replies and recommendation! I work in the Tysons area, and looks like they have a location in McLean.

I looked at your pictures, in your thread, and am wondering how much the Cobra springs lowered your 440i. If you look at your car, from the side, can you see the top of your tire tread? Wondering how much space is between the top of the outer tread and bottom of the fender. Thanks again.
Probably about an inch from the top of the tread to the bottom lip of the fender opening. From straight on you will see the top of the tread. I also put spacers on 10mm Front and 12mm rear, that may make it look a little tighter.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 03:25 PM   #10
hatak
Rep
Drives: BMW4 GC

Quote:
I do have the adaptive suspension, overall no complaints on the ride. Its maybe a little firmer in comfort, but not so much so that I find it a problem for my 34+ mile each way commute that typically involves a mix of every quality of road surface imaginable. Everything firms up nicely in sport and a good fast curve feels pretty flat.
Hi, is your adaptive suspension still working? I've found that for ac schnitzer
They are disabling adaptive damper function, and was wondering how it works for cobra
Appreciate 0