Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA ConnectedDrive Access Data - Annoying iDrive Message

08-21-2021, 12:33 AM   #1
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
ConnectedDrive Access Data - Annoying iDrive Message

It's been one of those days, today.
Since BMW stopped supporting Connected Drive on the phone, I keep getting this message popping up on my iDrive when I jump into the car.

I have inserted my Username and Password but, everytime I get back into the car, the message pops up. By the way, my Username and Password work perfectly with the BMW Connected Drive Website.

I might be a bit thick here and would be grateful for some advice, but can anyone help me out with how I can delete this message permanently?
Attached Images

08-21-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

I started getting this message as well. But I entered my username & password & warning message hasn't returned. So sorry, can't help.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
Korbainethor
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

I had that message pop up. I deleted my profile. Created a new one and used the QR code displayed in the car with the myBMW app to reload my credentials without having to type it all in.

Haven't had it appear since.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 12:39 AM   #4
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Yes I keep getting the same, but haven't had time to do anything about it
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 12:39 AM   #5
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

Steve,

Did you download the new "mybmw " app?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #6
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR33R View Post
Steve,

Did you download the new "mybmw " app?
Yes, I have the MyBMW app. I downloaded it as soon as it was released.
My issue did not occur until BMW stopped supporting the earlier App.

I think I may have solved the issue by changing my password on the BMW website and using the new password on the car.
I have yet to confirm this as the car is currently at the dealer getting the locked open sunroof fixed.
      08-22-2021, 10:36 PM   #7
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbainethor View Post
I had that message pop up. I deleted my profile. Created a new one and used the QR code displayed in the car with the myBMW app to reload my credentials without having to type it all in.

Haven't had it appear since.
Rather than deleting my profile, I changed my password on the BMW website and entered the new password in the car. I hope this has fixed the issue. I’ll know for sure when I pick up my car from the dealer after the sunroof issue is resolved.
      08-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #8
rahul.r
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Rather than deleting my profile, I changed my password on the BMW website and entered the new password in the car. I hope this has fixed the issue. I’ll know for sure when I pick up my car from the dealer after the sunroof issue is resolved.
Hi Steve,
The same error came up around 2 weeks back. Initially tried entering the userid and password but the error kept popping up ever so often. Deleted the profile from the car and added it back by relogging by scanning the QR code on the My BMW app. Haven't seen the error after that.
Appreciate 1
baturbo47.50
      10-22-2021, 09:45 PM   #9
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul.r View Post
Deleted the profile from the car and added it back by relogging by scanning the QR code on the My BMW app. Haven't seen the error after that.
I did the same the other day and error message is gone, however, some of my settings changed. The saved radio stations for example, are all gone, plus the seat settings.

Anyway to stop this? Does it mean My App was not synced with the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 12:55 AM   #10
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornadog View Post
Quote:
Deleted the profile from the car and added it back by relogging by scanning the QR code on the My BMW app. Haven't seen the error after that.
I did the same the other day and error message is gone, however, some of my settings changed. The saved radio stations for example, are all gone, plus the seat settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornadog View Post
Quote:

When you scanned the QR code it should have given you 2 options..to use saved account settings, or to use the existing car settings at the time.
If you selected the saved account settings, it should have kept your stored radio stations and seat settings. (As long as you had the Synchronise with Connected Drive Account check box ticked originally)
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 03:09 AM   #11
francton
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d g20

Garage List
2019 BMW 320D  [0.00]
I had the same issue. kept resetting the password, would work on portal, but the car kept prompting every time I started it. turns out the prompt was for the second drivers profile while I was resetting the primary profile against whom the car was registered on mybmw! so solution is to enter the new passwords for every driver profile in the car. BMW could have done better with the error message.
Appreciate 0