Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions The wait will be PAINFUL!

09-19-2021, 02:51 AM   #67
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
What??? Why the hell the long wait...
Have you been living under a rock for last 9 months😀. Chip shortages! Used cars 1-2 yrs old are uo 30% as people rather buy those vs new one and wait a long time. This is EU.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #68
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
In in europe and if i order a car it is 12 months…😃 you people are funny.
Quote:
What??? Why the hell the long wait...
Quote:
Have you been living under a rock for last 9 months😀. Chip shortages! Used cars 1-2 yrs old are uo 30% as people rather buy those vs new one and wait a long time. This is EU.
No. dreamsongs has not been living under a rock and neither have I. We've seen no reports of a 12 month wait for a new BMW in the EU or anywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #69
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

I'm in Belgium so Europe and the delay for a G is 5 months max but some options are not possible, I wanted to change my G23 for a M340 but not possible hk
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:56 AM   #70
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post
I'm in Belgium so Europe and the delay for a G is 5 months max but some options are not possible, I wanted to change my G23 for a M340 but not possible hk
So basically me saying 12 months is crazy, because in your experience you simply cannot order the car at all when you want. That's worse dude.

And friend picked up X5M after waiting 12 months. Another received RS6 after waiting 10 months.

It is absolutely NOT uncommon to wait for this long period.

Also, Belgium will get x allocaiton, while say Estonia will get x-90%. So you cannot say "im in Beglium, it is Europe". It doesn't actually translate same way across countries as BMW has different allocations per EU markets. I have very good chance buying a car from Germahy because there allocation is as good as US at least, if not better. But if I buy in Estonia where I resided till recently (Im in Sweden now) - the allocations are terrible and wait times are long (and prices are higher). It depends where you are in Europe, in other words.

Last edited by Tallest; 09-19-2021 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #71
Wht340i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

There is also a bunch of us that received them in a few months. Just got mine last week. No problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #72
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

Quote:
So basically me saying 12 months is crazy, because in your experience you simply cannot order the car at all when you want. That's worse dude.

And friend picked up X5M after waiting 12 months. Another received RS6 after waiting 10 months.

Also, Belgium will get x allocaiton, while say Estonia will get x-90%. So you cannot say "im in Beglium, it is Europe". It doesn't actually translate same way across countries as BMW has different allocations per EU markets. I have very good chance buying a car from Germahy because there allocation is as good as US at least, if not better. But if I buy in Estonia where I resided till recently (Im in Sweden now) - the allocations are terrible and wait times are long (and prices are higher). It depends where you are in Europe, in other words.
I hear what you're saying man but you shouldn't have answered with "Do I live under a rock". I'm pretty informed about many things and aware about the chip shortage and have friends all over the world. When I asked you that it's because 12 months seems like a long wait for a production car. After all it's not a Lambo or a Ferrari....
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #73
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

Quote:

No it's not the delays the problems is the unavailable options, before the Covid I waited a year for my RS4, almost the same a 991, a 540 in 2018 I waited 6 months because of the tint, nothing new what

Here I think the manufacturers do this mostly to sell more expensive their cars
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #74
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
I hear what you're saying man but you shouldn't have answered with "Do I live under a rock". I'm pretty informed about many things and aware about the chip shortage and have friends all over the world. When I asked you that it's because 12 months seems like a long wait for a production car. After all it's not a Lambo or a Ferrari....
I didnt mean it in a mean way - rather jokingly! No harm!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #75
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davg31 View Post
Here I think the manufacturers do this mostly to sell more expensive their cars
Nope. That's B.S. Production decrease = profit decrease. Carmakers want to build and sell as many cars as they can as fast as they can.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 12:26 PM   #76
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Wow, 2 updates back to back. Now it's at "DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY
Your new BMW has left the factory, and is on its way to you".

Next position is "At the port". Does it mean it's at the Port in EU or at The Port here in the U.S?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #77
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
Nope. That's B.S. Production decrease = profit decrease. Carmakers want to build and sell as many cars as they can as fast as they can.
I was offered now by dealer (looking for 340i and 330e) to find a slightly used car with spec I want instead as factory is not able to respond anymore with times. Car sales are down 30% YTD in EU because of this stuff.

Im glad OP is getting his car is on his way! That's good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 02:34 PM   #78
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, 2 updates back to back. Now it's at "DISPATCHED FROM FACTORY
Your new BMW has left the factory, and is on its way to you".

Next position is "At the port". Does it mean it's at the Port in EU or at The Port here in the U.S?
At the port in Germany.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

09-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #79
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
At the port in Germany.
I see, so then this might be where it gets stuck for 2 weeks waiting for a boat....
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #80
GRB60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible

Quote:
I see, so then this might be where it gets stuck for 2 weeks waiting for a boat....
Could be. Mine was there for 21 days.
My wait is coming to an end, though, as it will be at the port in NY on Sunday morning.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #81
renig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
I'm currently 27 days and counting waiting for ship. Please let this be my week!!!
Appreciate 1
GRB6083.00
      09-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #82
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

And today it moved again to "At the Port". So basically it moved from Production Begins to here in 3 weeks. I have a feeling it will get stuck waiting for a boat for a while. It seems there's a shortage of cargo ships lately worldwide for some reason so it may stay at the port who knows how long...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #83
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And today it moved again to "At the Port". So basically it moved from Production Begins to here in 3 weeks. I have a feeling it will get stuck waiting for a boat for a while. It seems there's a shortage of cargo ships lately worldwide for some reason so it may stay at the port who knows how long...
I've heard that there's a shortage of dockworkers, due to COVID, which might explain why cars are sitting at ports waiting to be loaded/unloaded.

On the bright side, we can always look around and see others who are further away from getting their car. Mine's not even in production yet- hopefully will start in 3 weeks. Your car is actually built- that's a good thing! Keep the faith!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #84
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
I've heard that there's a shortage of dockworkers, due to COVID, which might explain why cars are sitting at ports waiting to be loaded/unloaded.

On the bright side, we can always look around and see others who are further away from getting their car. Mine's not even in production yet- hopefully will start in 3 weeks. Your car is actually built- that's a good thing! Keep the faith!
That's true. I began posting updates as a reference thread for everybody who had a build, but it seems the cars are moving at a different pace according to options picked. Some are going decently fast like mine but others are being pushed back...

Let's see how long it sits at the port now until shipped. This will be quite telling and then we'll know how long the process took for a car without too many options.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 11:34 AM   #85
Tallest
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Not aware of EU ports shut down due to covid, they dont do this kind of stuff anymore.

There was a bad case in China in August yet that passed as they are efficient with dealing on these things.

Probably youre just dealing with port being overloaded with shipments of all sorts of stuff people are buying white sitting at home etc. Hope it will come through soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #86
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not aware of EU ports shut down due to covid, they dont do this kind of stuff anymore.

There was a bad case in China in August yet that passed as they are efficient with dealing on these things.

Probably youre just dealing with port being overloaded with shipments of all sorts of stuff people are buying white sitting at home etc. Hope it will come through soon!
Yeah let's see what happens, curious to see how long this whole build process takes.

In different times I would've probably picked it up in person and drove it around Switzerland and Northern Italy and dropped it off. But the whole world is a mess right now and EU is actually worse than the U.S when it comes to Covid restrictions and Health passes and all that nonsense but that's a whole other conversation...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #87
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This is pretty cool. There's also one for the M440i but not as detailed as this one.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #88
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Stuck at the port for a week now. Called Genius and they said the same thing. They said it could take possibly 2 weeks to get it shipped, I think it could actually be more from what I'm reading about global transportation delays everywhere.

Also they said it takes 3 weeks to cross the Atlantic. WTF? Is it a row boat or gas powered?

I thought it was 2 weeks at the most... I'm getting anxious here.
Appreciate 0