Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Alexa & Android Auto

10-06-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Alexa & Android Auto

Hi,

I have a 2020 M340 that has software version 07/2021.40 -- installed by dealer as part of recall; car also has AT&T hot spot. I also have a Samsung S21+, running Android 11.0.

All in all, Android Auto is OK, not great, but OK -# particularly because I like to use Google maps whenever I am to drive a particular stretch of Interstate.

I have tried to get Alexa working and what I have discovered is that if I want to use Alexa, I have to not use Android Auto as it seems, both fight for Internet access-- have tried different combinations, but that is what seems to be case. Perhaps, if there was a was to have the Alexa App on my phone to be added as an app on Android Auto

Has anyone been able to use both Android Auto & Alexa? If so, how?

Thanks

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #2
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

I have a 2020 M340 that has software version 07/2021.40 -- installed by dealer as part of recall; car also has AT&T hot spot. I also have a Samsung S21+, running Android 11.0.

All in all, Android Auto is OK, not great, but OK -# particularly because I like to use Google maps whenever I am to drive a particular stretch of Interstate.

I have tried to get Alexa working and what I have discovered is that if I want to use Alexa, I have to not use Android Auto as it seems, both fight for Internet access-- have tried different combinations, but that is what seems to be case. Perhaps, if there was a was to have the Alexa App on my phone to be added as an app on Android Auto

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

Thanks
Definitely not possible to use both...no different to trying to use ACP and Android Auto at the same time.
Appreciate 1
RSnic657.50