Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Performance Center Delivery

10-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #1
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330, 2023 X5, 2023 i4

Performance Center Delivery

Just curious as to what is involved on the dealer side to reserve a spot for PCD. Does it cost the dealer anything? Reason I am asking is that I ordered a 330e and the dealer is giving me the run around on PCD, giving all kinds of reasons why I can't do it. I emailed the PC and they confirm my order does qualify for PCD and they said the dealer just need to submit the reservation. The dealer is a consistent sponsor of the CCA and is a high volume dealer so I would be surprised if they do not know the process.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziego View Post
Just curious as to what is involved on the dealer side to reserve a spot for PCD. Does it cost the dealer anything? Reason I am asking is that I ordered a 330e and the dealer is giving me the run around on PCD, giving all kinds of reasons why I can't do it. I emailed the PC and they confirm my order does qualify for PCD and they said the dealer just need to submit the reservation. The dealer is a consistent sponsor of the CCA and is a high volume dealer so I would be surprised if they do not know the process.
They have to submit a form to request PCD.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Really easy.....just push them...
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 11:21 AM   #4
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
My dealer was for whatever reason extremely reluctant to request PCD for me, I had to really push them and finally they did it, but it shouldn't be such a fight.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 12:05 PM   #5
renig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post
My dealer was for whatever reason extremely reluctant to request PCD for me, I had to really push them and finally they did it, but it shouldn't be such a fight.
Same here. Not sure why but they tried to give me the runaround about it. I told them it would be a serious issue if I couldn't do it and miraculously they were able to do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #6
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330, 2023 X5, 2023 i4

They finally did it after I forwarded them the email from the PCD confirming that my order qualifies. The excuses they used were, closed for COVID, only for vehicles made in SC, my car is built in Germany and I can only do European delivery (my car just got scheduled for production and it is from the Mexico plant).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
They finally did it after I forwarded them the email from the PCD confirming that my order qualifies. The excuses they used were, closed for COVID, only for vehicles made in SC, my car is built in Germany and I can only do European delivery (my car just got scheduled for production and it is from the Mexico plant).
My dealer told me that PCD causes them to have lower customer satisfaction scores due to customers having to drive their car home, customers unsure how to operate their cars because the dealer didn't instruct them, meanwhile the PCD assigns someone to spend as much time as needed to get to know your car.

I was also told it is bad for the car to be driven such great distances before it is broken in, causing them to have to fix issues caused by the ride home.

My personal favorite which I just remembered, the dealer told me that the PCD stopped covering hotel and food and since you are already paying MSRP, why pay more, we don't charge you anything to deliver the car right here and you can sleep in the comfort of your own bed.

They had more excuses as to why I should not do it and only after contacting the PCD who must have thought that I was nuts, asking such ridiculous questions and them getting static from the dealer too did it get resolved.
Appreciate 0