Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-30-2020, 06:32 AM   #155
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Just heard from my dealer.....some good news, some not so good news.
The good news....My car will be delivered Fri 3rd April.
It arrived at Prixcar 27th Mar and will not arrive at the dealer until tomorrow, 31st Mar (weekend involved there).

The not so good news......the rear diffuser is not here......Ordered 5 months ago. It seems there have been problems in Germany and BMW does not order these parts until the car is in country. WTF! At least the rear spoiler and front splitter are here.

I’ll get the paint protection and window tinting done on Monday 6th and will be fully operational prior to the Easter long weekend.
With isolation practices in place, it will give me plenty of time to install the dashcams in a quiet and orderly manner.
Good news Steve, look forward to see your beast transformed!! I'm still waiting for confirmation from my dealer hopefully soon..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #156
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

The good news is indeed excellent, can't wait to see pics SteveAus!

I don't know about others but my NSW car is still uncomplianced. Hopefully it moves into being ready for transport today. Looks like it's going back to my original estimates.

The dealer is giving me a tentative Thursday pickup date, I'm so excited! PPF and ceramic coating being done on Friday if all goes to plan!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #157
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post

I don't know about others but my NSW car is still uncomplianced. Hopefully it moves into being ready for transport today. Looks like it's going back to my original estimates.

The dealer is giving me a tentative Thursday pickup date, I'm so excited! PPF and ceramic coating being done on Friday if all goes to plan!
Wow! That’s quick. Great news. Fortunate there was no weekend involved as was my case.
Looks like we’ll get our cars close to the same day, in different parts of the country.
Our cameras will be working overtime!
      03-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #158
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post
Good news Steve, look forward to see your beast transformed!! I'm still waiting for confirmation from my dealer hopefully soon..
Give your dealer a call. They’re used to being bugged by the customers when a ship has unloaded. It might egg them on to push your car through in the PDI department.
      03-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #159
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Give your dealer a call. They’re used to being bugged by the customers when a ship has unloaded. It might egg them on to push your car through in the PDI department.
@SteveAus - I've tried but most of the team are working him home so I've been emailing and hassling hopefully I get an answer shortly of confirmed date and before Easter... all we can do is be hopeful have you got your beast yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #160
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

@PBJ
I hope you get yours soon just still waiting for the confirmation date. Hopefully it is really soon and before Easter as I got some worked to be done as well. Really excited for this and the wait is almost over!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #161
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah I'd keep persisting with the dealer as SteveAus said.

My car is now passed compliance and is "available" for transport to the dealer.

If the stars align, it could even get on a truck today but that would be pretty aspirational. Tomorrow seems more likely.

Not long now! vlo238, yours will be here soon! It might be worth giving the service department a call and ask them to speak to someone in predelivery?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #162
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
@SteveAus - I've tried but most of the team are working him home so I've been emailing and hassling hopefully I get an answer shortly of confirmed date and before Easter... all we can do is be hopeful have you got your beast yet?
Not yet. It’s due to be delivered on Friday.
Three more restless and sleepless nights to go
This last leg is a killer!
      03-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #163
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not yet. It’s due to be delivered on Friday.
Three more restless and sleepless nights to go
This last leg is a killer!
Steve we all in the same boat this wait is really killing me the excitement and to pick up the new ride... just can't wait for that day... look forward seeing photos and what works you do haha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #164
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So NSW is pretty much locked down, and you can't be outside other than for a few select reasons per: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/...-health-orders

I would assume that there has to be a way that collecting a car, as superficial as it sounds, should be allowed. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:45 PM   #165
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
So NSW is pretty much locked down, and you can't be outside other than for a few select reasons per: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/...-health-orders

I would assume that there has to be a way that collecting a car, as superficial as it sounds, should be allowed. What do you guys think?
Yeah, I doubt picking up a car is as critical as say, buying a jigsaw puzzle or something.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #166
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Yeah, I doubt picking up a car is as critical as say, buying a jigsaw puzzle or something.

Pity, a lot of us won't be able to rack up many k's over the next few months.

I don't totally mind, I usually just sit in my car and look around/play with the gizmos in the garage when I first get it
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #167
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:

I don't totally mind, I usually just sit in my car and look around/play with the gizmos in the garage when I first get it
Haha I know, that’s what I told my wife when she said “It’s not like you can drive it anywhere”
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:01 AM   #168
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

It’s ok to do this as it is deemed to be supporting business.
Without buyers paying and collecting their cars, these businesses would go under in a heart beat.
      03-31-2020, 12:08 AM   #169
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Pity, a lot of us won't be able to rack up many k's over the next few months.

I’m fortunate in as much as I live in two houses, one close to the city and one on the coast about 100 km from Adelaide.
I have checked, and it’s ok for me to travel between the two houses as I am still in isolation from other people outside my household.
Our only points of contact with people are my wife trying to get some stupid toilet rolls (haven’t been able to buy any for a month!) and me buying some fuel for the cars. I’m also allowed to take the dogs for a walk in the park or on a special dog beach and I don’t get within 20 m of another person......makes conversations difficult
      03-31-2020, 02:48 AM   #170
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I’m fortunate in as much as I live in two houses, one close to the city and one on the coast about 100 km from Adelaide.
I have checked, and it’s ok for me to travel between the two houses as I am still in isolation from other people outside my household.
Our only points of contact with people are my wife trying to get some stupid toilet rolls (haven’t been able to buy any for a month!) and me buying some fuel for the cars. I’m also allowed to take the dogs for a walk in the park or on a special dog beach and I don’t get within 20 m of another person......makes conversations difficult
My reason for being outside driving around in the new car would be as follows (my partner also got a new 1 series too so we're both kinda wasting having 2 new cars and nowhere to drive):
  • Getting Fuel
  • Exercising - far away from populated areas so its safe (I live in a very dense inner city area of Sydney)
  • Going to buy groceries or medicine from suburbs with less crowded shops than where I live
  • Getting Fuel

Any other ideas? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 06:00 AM   #171
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
I'm fortunate in as much as I live in two houses, one close to the city and one on the coast about 100 km from Adelaide.
I have checked, and it's ok for me to travel between the two houses as I am still in isolation from other people outside my household.
Our only points of contact with people are my wife trying to get some stupid toilet rolls (haven't been able to buy any for a month!) and me buying some fuel for the cars. I'm also allowed to take the dogs for a walk in the park or on a special dog beach and I don't get within 20 m of another person......makes conversations difficult
My reason for being outside driving around in the new car would be as follows (my partner also got a new 1 series too so we're both kinda wasting having 2 new cars and nowhere to drive):
  • Getting Fuel
  • Exercising - far away from populated areas so its safe (I live in a very dense inner city area of Sydney)
  • Going to buy groceries or medicine from suburbs with less crowded shops than where I live
  • Getting Fuel

Any other ideas? lol
Driving to work??
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 06:03 AM   #172
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Hope all you guys get your cars soon - just remember don't shake hands with ur salesperson !
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 07:50 AM   #173
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Driving to work??
Haha I wish!! I've been made to WFH for the last two weeks, and likely to go on for months!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:31 PM   #174
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Hi Guys so excited for you

My car is on it's way from Santander Spain to Baltimore USA at the moment.

I decided I am not tinting my windows when I get my car, I shall wait a while to see how I feel about this.

After watching this youtube video of how they do it, just feel a bit sorry for the car.

In addition I need bright light now, getting old, so not too sure at night how the vision will be with tinting reversing and using the side mirrors and visibility through the rear window.

Will also wait for the ceramic paint protection, not sure if I am 100% onboard with this, I suppose it depends on the skill and care of the person applying the coat. Heard of cases where they left the liquid on too long before wiping off , leaving marks on the car ?

So just going to go naked so to speak and see what the experience is like.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:19 PM   #175
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My car has arrived at the dealer, woohoo!

Not long now, hopefully they can turn it around in a day but don't want to get my hopes up! So happy though!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:17 AM   #176
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My car has arrived at the dealer, woohoo!

Not long now, hopefully they can turn it around in a day but don't want to get my hopes up! So happy though!
By bet is that you’ll get your car on Friday, same as me. I say this because my car is also at the dealer right now.
The race is on!
Two more sleepless nights to go!

BTW it is very sad to see the state of the dealership at the moment due to COVID-19.......so deserted. The reason I went in today was to drop off my F30 335i. She has been a very good girl for the last few years.....quite sad to see her go.