Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Bmw m340i 2022 upgrades

05-24-2022, 01:53 AM   #1
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i 2022

Bmw m340i 2022 upgrades

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi, as of right now I have a bmw m340ix 2022, I know the ecu is locked and I have no intention of sending my ecu overseas to get unlocked. I so far have only done a Bms cold air intake but that's it, what else should I do even though the ecu is locked. Here are the things im looking at doing

1. Catted downpipe 200

2. Awe track exhaust

3. Pure 800 turbo

4. New spark plugs

Any recommendations, not planning on getting jb4 or race chip did not have a good experience with them.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2022, 06:00 AM   #2
BigSky702
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Hmmmm. AWE track and catted DP is going to be LOUD.

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it’s me adjusting or if it’s broken in. Either way, I’m getting the resonated pipes installed today…

I would think an AWE exhaust with a 400 catted DP ( avoid CEL and reduced smell) for a better exhaust tone and slight performance bump.

But, Unfortunately you would need a custom tune to optimize it all (including pure turbo, etc….)

If you don’t mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 07:51 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

In my opinion, upgrading the turbo without tuning the car is a waste of money.

No need for new spark plugs either unless your stock ones are failing.

If you do not plan on tuning the car (you should give the Jb4 another try ), get an intake, downpipe, and exhaust.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 01:06 PM   #4
xnick101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i RWD

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez949 View Post

Any recommendations, not planning on getting jb4 or race chip did not have a good experience with them.
All you can do is a catted downpipe/exhaust and intake if you aren't going to add any tuning. You definitely cannot run a pure800 without a full ECU tune.
      05-25-2022, 05:53 AM   #5
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post

If you do not plan on tuning the car (you should give the Jb4 another try ), get an intake, downpipe, and exhaust.
Any chance you know where I can purchase an extra ecu for my car I want to get my ecu unlocked but don't want to ship my main ecu overseas due to the fact it could be lost, also so that I can keep my main dme clean to keep my warranty yk
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 05:56 AM   #6
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky702 View Post

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it’s me adjusting or if it’s broken in. Either way, I’m getting the resonated pipes installed today…

I would think an AWE exhaust with a 400 catted DP ( avoid CEL and reduced smell) for a better exhaust tone and slight performance bump.

But, Unfortunately you would need a custom tune to optimize it all (including pure turbo, etc….)

If you don’t mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?

Race chip I had a problem with the plugs, contacted support never replied. only replied with some bull shit and never actually helped me.

Jb4 was decently good but didn't really give me that big of a performance boost even on 105 octane and on the corresponding map for it
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 08:39 AM   #7
CAPCO
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340 ix

Quote:
Race chip I had a problem with the plugs, contacted support never replied. only replied with some bull shit and never actually helped me.

Jb4 was decently good but didn't really give me that big of a performance boost even on 105 octane and on the corresponding map for it
I agree with you as far as Racechip. I didn't see much difference that's worth something going wrong and possibly having a warranty issue. Contacted customer service to see why I don't see much of a difference in power and they didn't get back to me til after the 30-day return policy. I had a problem with one of the plugs as well, could not remove the Racechip plug from the BMW plug, had to get a mechanic friend to help and he had a hard time.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 09:00 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any chance you know where I can purchase an extra ecu for my car I want to get my ecu unlocked but don't want to ship my main ecu overseas due to the fact it could be lost, also so that I can keep my main dme clean to keep my warranty yk
Totaled car or the dealership

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #9
xnick101
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
The ecu would need to be programmed to your car. You can't send an unprogrammed ECU to femto because nothing will work.
      05-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #10
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
Quote:
The ecu would need to be programmed to your car. You can't send an unprogrammed ECU to femto because nothing will work.
If I were to buy a new ecu and able to program it to my car could i still keep my warranty if before I bring it to dealership I switch ecus
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #11
xnick101
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
If I were to buy a new ecu and able to program it to my car could i still keep my warranty if before I bring it to dealership I switch ecus
I am not 100% sure how it would work. In my head, you'd have to reprogram the original ecu back to the car to take it in. You can't have two ecu's programmed to one car. A new ecu is $1500~ and then plus having someone that can program an ecu to the car. Not as easy as it sounds.
      05-26-2022, 09:44 PM   #12
CATBB1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I have AWE Touring non res, Evolution racewerks catted downpipe, and CTS intake....plenty loud. Track is going to be way loud all the time...if you get a chance to hear it/drive ,etc...get better feel for it. I would probably get a headache if it was louder...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 04:20 AM   #13
sumazn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340ix

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:

how is it with the resonators now on the awe touring? i want more exhaust sound but not too much. i liked the 2020s stock note with valves open
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2022, 09:27 AM   #14
BigSky702
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumazn View Post
Quote:

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it's me adjusting or if it's broken in. Either way, I'm getting the resonated pipes installed today…

If you don't mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?
how is it with the resonators now on the awe touring? i want more exhaust sound but not too much. i liked the 2020s stock note with valves open
100% better!!

Doesn't sound like a wall of noise in the cabin, zero drone especially when in comfort/adaptive mode.

There's still a nice rumble outside, and when in sport/sport+ it gets more raucous but not over the top.

If you have an aftermarket down pipe, I highly recommend the resonated version.

I find myself making excuses to drive!

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #15
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have the nonres touring with AA DP, which seemed loud, but kind of mellowed out. Not sure if it's me adjusting or if it's broken in. Either way, I'm getting the resonated pipes installed today…

If you don't mind me asking, what were your experiences with the Race chip/JB4 ?
100% better!!

Doesn't sound like a wall of noise in the cabin, zero drone especially when in comfort/adaptive mode.

There's still a nice rumble outside, and when in sport/sport+ it gets more raucous but not over the top.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100% better!!

Even with the valves closed you think it willl still be loud, I really only want it loud in sport
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 03:45 PM   #16
CATBB1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

AWE does not have valves...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 04:33 PM   #17
BigSky702
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100% better!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

100% better!!

Even with the valves closed you think it willl still be loud, I really only want it loud in sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATBB1 View Post
AWE does not have valves...
Correct. No valves with AWE. But, between the 180 muffler and resonators (w/ aftermarket DP)it's very well balanced in comfort/eco, very close to stock and with sport it gives a low rumble while cruising… at WOT it's loud but in a good way!!

It's subjective, one of those things you gotta try for yourself. Took me a couple of tries to get the right combo.

Previous: 2016 M4 Sakhir Orange

Not too distant future: ///M3 or ///M5 (ED)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 05:26 AM   #18
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't feel like opening another fourm up to basically ask the question and I feel like you have the most knowledge but would buying jb4 or dinans replicas thing and doing a custom map allow me to upgrade my turbo and fuel pump or no. Im a bit new to this stuff I'm so sorry
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn't feel like opening another fourm up to basically ask the question and I feel like you have the most knowledge but would buying jb4 or dinans replicas thing and doing a custom map allow me to upgrade my turbo and fuel pump or no. Im a bit new to this stuff I'm so sorry
Jb4 not Dinan as the JB4 allows custom maps and has features that are even more valuable with an upgraded turbo

You can upgrade your turbo and fuel pump and use a custom Jb4 map to make more power

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 03:50 PM   #20
georgez949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Jb4 not Dinan as the JB4 allows custom maps and has features that are even more valuable with an upgraded turbo

You can upgrade your turbo and fuel pump and use a custom Jb4 map to make more power
you are the best thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 04:30 PM   #21
GenesisKnight
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M440i xdrive

Quote:
Quote:

you are the best thank you so much
Also look at changing out the charge pipe as well. The OEM plastic ones are prone to becoming brittle and cracking or worse under pressure, or with increased pressure.
I installed the FTP Motorsports with little effort. Also opens up the air channel for better flow as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 05:03 PM   #22
njfoses
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M850i, 22 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisKnight View Post
Also look at changing out the charge pipe as well. The OEM plastic ones are prone to becoming brittle and cracking or worse under pressure, or with increased pressure.
I installed the FTP Motorsports with little effort. Also opens up the air channel for better flow as well.
Not needed on the G20 as the charge pipe does not flex like on the F30.
Appreciate 1
mfour4016.00