Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

12-13-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
Bobrovsky
Canada
Rep
Drives: C300, QX60

Feedback from Ontario/Quebec?

Hello to all eastern canadians out there, a few questions for those who got their m50 :

- How long did you wait from order to delivery? I am seeing that wait time is around a year in the US but not sure how much less allocation we get in here?

- What did you end up doing for winter tires? Winter tires set on stock 19" rims? BMW oem set of 18" rims/tires? ( i dont like the Goodyear tire choice on those and wondering if BMW will accept to swap them for Michelin Xice). Or you got an aftermarket set of rims (that supports that much weight...)?

- What is your feedback on the range during those (yet not so) cold days? Oh... let me wait until end of Feb to re ask the question again!

- Anyone with the laser headlights? The dealer told me its not yet permitted in Canada so the laser beam is at a limited intensity. True? If so, how does it look like?

- Is DAP worth it? I had the smart cruise control and Lane departure system on my previous Infiniti FX and was almost never able to use them during winter

- In Canada, we have a package called M sport Pro which includes red calipers, shadowline and something they call black exterior. Will that give me the black front grill instead of the ugly chromed one? The sales guy at the dealership was not sure of that.

I ordered my M50 last week with all options except Laser, Carbon exterior and 20". Now the difficult parts of the process (deciding for the color, Dravit grey?... and wait a year, hoping my aging C300 will make it until then)

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
BmbH
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Ford F150

I preordered August 2021, first allocation at my dealership for m50, still waiting. I think things are picking up now. Depends on dealer allocations. Went into production in October and made it to Halifax December 2nd. I am told I should see it next week. I went with the 20” summer wheels and bought the 19” winter package from the dealership. I believe the m sport pro package will give the shadowline grill but there is still grey around the perimeter. Not as much as the non shadowline. DAP seems to be a popular feature, I didn’t go with it. I don’t mind having to pay attention when behind the wheel, lol. Colour is a personal preference, I went with Dravit Grey. Most people that have received their cars have said it’s worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
Bobrovsky
Canada
Rep
Drives: C300, QX60

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmbH View Post
I preordered August 2021, first allocation at my dealership for m50, still waiting. I think things are picking up now. Depends on dealer allocations. Went into production in October and made it to Halifax December 2nd. I am told I should see it next week. I went with the 20” summer wheels and bought the 19” winter package from the dealership. I believe the m sport pro package will give the shadowline grill but there is still grey around the perimeter. Not as much as the non shadowline. DAP seems to be a popular feature, I didn’t go with it. I don’t mind having to pay attention when behind the wheel, lol. Colour is a personal preference, I went with Dravit Grey. Most people that have received their cars have said it’s worth the wait.
Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0