Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums CANADA Canadian BMW G20!

02-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Canadian BMW G20!

To All our Canadian Buyers, what are you guys looking for?

If you recently bought/ordered or upgraded from F30 or from other vehicle to G20, please tell us the following:

1.) which vehicle did you cross-shop against the G20?
2.) which dealership you went to?
3.) finance or lease?
4.) Any BMW accessories/M-Performance parts included?

Which dealership/service do you all recommend as a lot has changed over 10+ years even within the same BMW dealership/service center. (i.e. change in management and ownership)

Some for better or for worse

Thanks a lot! Hope to hear 'positive' replies...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

I’m currently looking and the M340i is at the top of the list. I’m also considering the MB AMG43, Genesis G70, Audi S5 and the Porsche Macan S. I kinda hate the people at the local MB dealership, hate the Hyundai tech in the G70, and worried I’ll grow tired of the Audi design which has been around awhile but it drives fine and pricing is better than the BMW. The Macan just seems fun but I haven’t driven it yet.

Back to the M340i. I like both Dravit Grey and Tanzanite Blue, both would be blacked out. Interior would be Cognac or Mocha, possibly Black with blue stitching but I’m really struggling with colors so would love to hear from any of you. Has anyone had colour transfer on the Cognac? I just saw every similar colour at the auto show turning blue from jeans... not good! In terms of the exterior I love the pics of seen of Dravit but haven’t seen it live. I normally find grey boring but I think I like it, but is it too Fast & Furious? Will I like it in 3 years? I had Carbon Black on an X3 and loved it, the tanzanite looks similar. Help!

I’m likely to lease 3 years, 20-24km/year, max msd’s. I’m seeing a lot of posts targeting 10% below msrp... anyone in Canada getting close to that? I’m also seeing 60% residual and every build I get is around 50%... is anyone aware on why there would be a 10% difference? It really makes the payment high.

I’ve been hitting up the local dealerships in Oakville but willing to go anywhere for the right deal.

Feedback appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #3
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
Has anyone had colour transfer on the Cognac? I just saw every similar colour at the auto show turning blue from jeans... not good!

Jeans will transfer colour to regardless of leather seats including to black Vernasca Leather. We just have to upkeep with maintenance and clean it with products. With black leather the colour of jeans transfer blends in, but doesn't me you don't clean it.

Colour choices are subjective, only eye of beholder. For me I went with Tanzanite Blue II and Black Vernasca Leather with blue Contrast stitching for more sportier taste. Greys, silvers, whites to plain for me. Cognac interior is too mature and luxury for me.

You also have option to get BMW individual leathers Merino and extended Merino leather as well with: red(Fiona) w/ black, white(Ivory), blue(Fjord)w/ black, black and brown(Tartufo).

Davit Grey is like a silvery grey and is mixed with gold flakes as undertone. Very light dependent.

Bonus Tip: There are also different tire combinations that you can choose for G20: All Seasons Non-Staggered and Summers Staggered.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #4
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the reply!

I plan to go with the summer staggered, I’ve only read great things about the Michelin’s. I’ve had Mocha in my last BMW... no colour transfer at all, I believe the Dakota/venesca are treated to protect the leather, it’s obviously also dark. I’m just not sure if the treatment is enough to protect the cognac.

Did you get the black wheels and grill with your Tanzanite?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

I plan to go with the summer staggered, I’ve only read great things about the Michelin’s. I’ve had Mocha in my last BMW... no colour transfer at all, I believe the Dakota/venesca are treated to protect the leather, it’s obviously also dark. I’m just not sure if the treatment is enough to protect the cognac.

I have the 791M, Bicolour Jet Black wheels and opted for the black kidney grills. The bi-colour in my opinion adds some silver accents to the wheels, the pure jet black wheels tend to blend in too much with the wheel wells. There is another option 791M Jet Black Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #6
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
I have the 791M, Bicolour Jet Black wheels and opted for the black kidney grills. The bi-colour in my opinion adds some silver accents to the wheels, the pure jet black wheels tend to blend in too much with the wheel wells. There is another option 791M Jet Black Wheels.
Did you go with aluminum trim? Can you post a few pics? Which dealer did you go with and how was the negotiation/discounts?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

I have cognac and there has been zero dye transfer to date.
      02-25-2020, 05:26 PM   #8
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did you go with aluminum trim? Can you post a few pics? Which dealer did you go with and how was the negotiation/discounts?
Here is a link to the online Visual Configurator shows different colour/trim/leather combinations:
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...=en&dc=1-1#top

Secondly, I have identical interior seat and trim combination(Black/Blue Contrast Stitching and Aluminium Tetragron Trim), with the Walkanappa Leather Dash in my G20, the interior becomes more upscale, which compared to the one in this video here is missing(TimeStamp 9:21 to 9:28):

Mine was custom order, so % discount off MSRP was minimal, ranging 5-10%. Maybe look up on youtube for negotiating tactics, as this is my first BMW.

Good Luck! If you decide on BMW G20
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 10:23 PM   #9
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i, G80 M3 6MT

got 7 % off MSRP and the 1,000 xDrive credit
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:28 AM   #10
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart View Post
got 7 % off MSRP and the 1,000 xDrive credit
That seems fair... no loyalty or conquest? Canada also has a discount for car allowance. Which dealership? Lease? 3.9%
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 05:43 PM   #11
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That seems fair... no loyalty or conquest? Canada also has a discount for car allowance. Which dealership? Lease? 3.9%
what's loyalty and what is conquest? what is allowance?

bmw grand river, lease 48 months 2.9%
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #12
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart View Post
what's loyalty and what is conquest? what is allowance?

bmw grand river, lease 48 months 2.9%
2.9% so I assume that’s the 330i?

BMW has a loyalty credit if you’ve owned a bmw and a conquest credit if you owned a competitive brand... so there’s a credit there for you unless you were t driving.

If you get a company car allowance they apparently have another credit available.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #13
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
2.9% so I assume that’s the 330i?

BMW has a loyalty credit if you’ve owned a bmw and a conquest credit if you owned a competitive brand... so there’s a credit there for you unless you were t driving.

If you get a company car allowance they apparently have another credit available.
Yeah it was the 2020 330i xdrive.

I had a 2011 335i before this but I didn't get any loyalty credit... LOL
Appreciate 0