Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Detailing in West Yorkshire?

09-03-2020, 01:40 AM   #1
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Detailing in West Yorkshire?

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a detailer in West Yorkshire? I have a new M340i in Portimao Blue arriving at the end of the month and would like to get it detailed.

Ive been considering using: http://www.premiumccs.uk/ceramic-coating/

and going for their ULTIMATE MAX PROTECT PRO ELITE 5-YEAR product at £499 but ive never heard of the product they use so not entirely sure if I should go for it or not.

Anyone know of anywhere better that use a better product. Looking to protect the vehicle for either 5 years or more as its a long term car.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

https://advancedetail.co.uk/

Few friends have used the above, guy called Jon. Has a large portfolio of some pretty epic cars they have done. Absolutely no idea on prices as its not something I've ever been personally fussed for. Think the main brand they use is Gtechniq
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post

Few friends have used the above, guy called Jon. Has a large portfolio of some pretty epic cars they have done. Absolutely no idea on prices as its not something I've ever been personally fussed for. Think the main brand they use is Gtechniq
Thanks for that. I’ll check them out. I’m not too sure whether I’m going go down that route either as the time and expense is something I hadn’t budgeted for but looking into it.

Do you wash your own car? Or take it to a hand wash?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
Thanks for that. I’ll check them out. I’m not too sure whether I’m going go down that route either as the time and expense is something I hadn’t budgeted for but looking into it.

Just wash mine myself, give it a polish and wax occasionally but not much else. Used to be into detailing, clay bar and snow foaming etc but too time consuming now. Always bloody rains and spoils it all after a day hah
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 12:01 AM   #5
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

James at remyroc is my go to guy.
Can't fault him.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...content_filter
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 05:43 AM   #6
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post

I've also heard good things about them; a chap who ended-up owning my old E92 335i took it to them and by all accounts they did a great job on it. You can get an idea of price by choosing the treatments you want on their website - I'd guess it would be around £800-£900 for a 3-series if you want the top-range Gtechniq finish on exterior, interior and wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post

IMHO if you’re going to take the car to the local hand or automated car wash, it doesn’t really make sense to spend a small fortune on a coating.

I would put that money aside and use it for getting the car washed by a decent valet company every few months and steer clear of the cheap car washes.

I got mine ceramic coated but only hand wash it myself. If it’s dirty and I don’t have time to do it properly, I just give it a quick jet wash.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #8
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
IMHO if you’re going to take the car to the local hand or automated car wash, it doesn’t really make sense to spend a small fortune on a coating.

I would put that money aside and use it for getting the car washed by a decent valet company every few months and steer clear of the cheap car washes.

I got mine ceramic coated but only hand wash it myself. If it’s dirty and I don’t have time to do it properly, I just give it a quick jet wash.
Totally agree with that; IMO it's pointless spending lots of money on a ceramic coating only to stick the car through an automatic car wash or take it to a local hand wash that changes its water and wash mitts only infrequently!

I also hand wash mine myself and, at this time of year, with a ceramic coating I find snow foam followed by a rinse with a jet wash often does the job; no doubt it will be different in winter when the car gets really mucky but even then a ceramic coat should hopefully make it easier to clean.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #9
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Does anyone know if the self car wash at petrol stations also use acidic based products in their machines that would deteriorate the ceramic coating?
Appreciate 0