Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding More Ambient Colors And Amber Sidemarker Delete?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #45
larrylam646
Second Lieutenant
larrylam646's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Please keep me / us posted if you can figure out the side-marker delete.
In the process of exploring the differences between NA and ECE CAFD settings for GFHBA (my vehicle came with the Adaptive LED laser headlights), I think I stumbled across how the side-markers are set in the ECE CAFD file i.e. off. Attached/below is a screenshot for the NA vs ECE CAFD differences for LM03 (side-marker) in the FLM2 ECUs. Try FDL coding the ECE parameters highlighted. I have not fdl coded/tested since I have no interest in turning-off the side-markers.

Also for those that have enabled ECE GFHBA by removed 5AP from their FA and VO Coded BDC, HU_MGU, KAFAS4 and FLM2s, I found several other differences in the BDC CAFD (1D58) settings when comparing NA and ECE files . I have FDL coded these parameters but have not yet had an opportunity to test. Note most of these parameters will likely have nothing to do with GFHBA but may enable your headlights to behave more like the ECE variant.

C_AFS_ECO_LEVEL_3_ENA enable
C_AFS_ENA enable
C_BLC_PRE_ENA enable
C_CLC_CURV_V2 ECE
C_CLC_CURV_V3 ECE
C_CLC_EXT_ENA enable_roundabout
C_HBA_GFHBA_ENA_V_HI standard
LUT_AFS_CODRV_HOR standard/init
LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR G015_G020_Laser
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y AFS

Please note these FDL parameters/settings are for the Adaptive Laser LED headlights and these parameters/settings may differ for the other 2 variants of headlights available for the G20.

Larry
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 Black Sapphire M340iX
2014 Estoril Blue 435iX - sold

Last edited by larrylam646; 05-29-2020 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
greekcs566.00

      05-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #46
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
163
Rep
503
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekcs View Post
It involves FDL coding BDC. I'm still trying to figure out exactly which parameters were changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercVH3kxEeg
I've been trying to figure out how to do this as well. Would love to know if you found out what changes were made to get it working.
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #47
larrylam646
Second Lieutenant
larrylam646's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekcs View Post
It involves FDL coding BDC. I'm still trying to figure out exactly which parameters were changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ercVH3kxEeg
greekcs,

I can help you figure out the differences. I just need your FA and your BDC_BODY CAFD files.

Like other members, I too have been trying to figure out how to disable the brake LEDs from be used for turn-signals.

Larry
__________________
2020 Black Sapphire M340iX
2014 Estoril Blue 435iX - sold
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #48
siegester
Lieutenant
siegester's Avatar
117
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
greekcs,

I can help you figure out the differences. I just need your FA and your BDC_BODY CAFD files.

Like other members, I too have been trying to figure out how to disable the brake LEDs from be used for turn-signals.

Larry
Omg, please let us know what you guys find out. This is one of the last annoyances I want to code out
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #49
siegester
Lieutenant
siegester's Avatar
117
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
In the process of exploring the differences between NA and ECE CAFD settings for GFHBA (my vehicle came with the Adaptive LED laser headlights), I think I stumbled across how the side-markers are set in the ECE CAFD file i.e. off. Attached/below is a screenshot for the NA vs ECE CAFD differences for LM03 (side-marker) in the FLM2 ECUs. Try FDL coding the ECE parameters highlighted. I have not fdl coded/tested since I have no interest in turning-off the side-markers.

Also for those that have enabled ECE GFHBA by removed 5AP from their FA and VO Coded BDC, HU_MGU, KAFAS4 and FLM2s, I found several other differences in the BDC CAFD (1D58) settings when comparing NA and ECE files . I have FDL coded these parameters but have not yet had an opportunity to test. Note most of these parameters will likely have nothing to do with GFHBA but may enable your headlights to behave more like the ECE variant.

C_AFS_ECO_LEVEL_3_ENA enable
C_AFS_ENA enable
C_BLC_PRE_ENA enable
C_CLC_CURV_V2 ECE
C_CLC_CURV_V3 ECE
C_CLC_EXT_ENA enable_roundabout
C_HBA_GFHBA_ENA_V_HI standard
LUT_AFS_CODRV_HOR standard/init
LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR G015_G020_Laser
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y AFS

Please note these FDL parameters/settings are for the Adaptive Laser LED headlights and these parameters/settings may differ for the other 2 variants of headlights available for the G20.

Larry
Be careful changing the current and voltage values. The car will eventually throw errors if you change some of these. I changed them all when researching GFHB, and got the errors (side markers were off though)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #50
larrylam646
Second Lieutenant
larrylam646's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
Be careful changing the current and voltage values. The car will eventually throw errors if you change some of these. I changed them all when researching GFHB, and got the errors (side markers were off though)
Thank you siegester for the heads-up. Will let you know the outcome of my testing.

Added testing observations:

I tested last night the BDC CAFD (1DF8) FDL coding changes I presented in my earlier post and my vehicle did not experience any errors or warnings or odd behaviour.



Larry
__________________
2020 Black Sapphire M340iX
2014 Estoril Blue 435iX - sold

Last edited by larrylam646; 05-30-2020 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: Added testing results
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:45 AM   #51
oreoOozZz
Private First Class
oreoOozZz's Avatar
45
Rep
120
Posts

Drives: 2020 BSM M340i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Ive also switched country code from 5U93 to 5U91 and then coded both FLM modules. Turned the sidemarkers off in my car and a couple other cars i coded with no ill effects so far. One was a laser car and mine/others were LED. After i coded the FLM modules, i changed country code back to 5U93. Worked great.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2020, 03:09 AM   #52
Watzek
New Member
Watzek's Avatar
6
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW G20
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Could someone please take pictures of these amber lights (laser)? Thx
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:57 PM   #53
sddz6269
Enlisted Member
China
28
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 325i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Shanghai, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
In the process of exploring the differences between NA and ECE CAFD settings for GFHBA (my vehicle came with the Adaptive LED laser headlights), I think I stumbled across how the side-markers are set in the ECE CAFD file i.e. off. Attached/below is a screenshot for the NA vs ECE CAFD differences for LM03 (side-marker) in the FLM2 ECUs. Try FDL coding the ECE parameters highlighted. I have not fdl coded/tested since I have no interest in turning-off the side-markers.

Also for those that have enabled ECE GFHBA by removed 5AP from their FA and VO Coded BDC, HU_MGU, KAFAS4 and FLM2s, I found several other differences in the BDC CAFD (1D58) settings when comparing NA and ECE files . I have FDL coded these parameters but have not yet had an opportunity to test. Note most of these parameters will likely have nothing to do with GFHBA but may enable your headlights to behave more like the ECE variant.

C_AFS_ECO_LEVEL_3_ENA enable
C_AFS_ENA enable
C_BLC_PRE_ENA enable
C_CLC_CURV_V2 ECE
C_CLC_CURV_V3 ECE
C_CLC_EXT_ENA enable_roundabout
C_HBA_GFHBA_ENA_V_HI standard
LUT_AFS_CODRV_HOR standard/init
LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR G015_G020_Laser
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y AFS

Please note these FDL parameters/settings are for the Adaptive Laser LED headlights and these parameters/settings may differ for the other 2 variants of headlights available for the G20.

Larry
Hi, I would like to know how to turn on the side marker light. In China, we do not have it by default but I would like to have it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #54
larrylam646
Second Lieutenant
larrylam646's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddz6269 View Post
Hi, I would like to know how to turn on the side marker light. In China, we do not have it by default but I would like to have it.
I have not tried turning off my side-markers so I do not know if you can just FDL edit the FLM2 to turn-on the side-markers. I do recall reading a post that NA side-markers can be turned-off by VO Coding the FLMs with ECE Type Code.

Do your headlights actually come with side-marker LEDs? See attached pic of the side marker for my left headlight.

If your headlights do come with side-markers, try this quick test (using Launcher/Esys):

1) Edit and save your Factory FA (to keep a copy of your original FA).

2) Edit FA and change Type Code to 5R13 (NA 330i), then save FA to another file name.

3) Load your edited FA and VO Code one of your FLM2 [43 - left, 44 - right] modules. If VO Code completes without generating any errors/warnings and your vehicle does not generate a warning/error, turn-on your headlights and check to see if the VO Coded headlight side-marker is on. If yes, then there is hope...check coded headlight to make sure it functions properly - DRL, HB, turn-signal, etc.

4) If the VO coded headlight appears to be functioning properly, repeat 3) on the 2nd FLM2.

If warnings/errors are generated and/or the side-marker LED does not turn on, then more coding research is required (or your headlights do not have side-marker LEDs).

Larry
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 Black Sapphire M340iX
2014 Estoril Blue 435iX - sold
Appreciate 1
jeet17.00

      06-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #55
Watzek
New Member
Watzek's Avatar
6
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: BMW G20
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

It seems that I physically do not have these side lights?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:50 PM   #56
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Probably not. I believe side marker lights are only present in North American cars. Not RoW.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #57
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
163
Rep
503
Posts

Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWaschl View Post
It seems that I physically do not have these side lights?
I'll trade my American ones with a sidemarker with the EU ones with the blue accent lights and more powerful lasers
__________________

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 1
Watzek6.00

      06-03-2020, 09:12 PM   #58
sddz6269
Enlisted Member
China
28
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 325i
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Shanghai, China

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
I have not tried turning off my side-markers so I do not know if you can just FDL edit the FLM2 to turn-on the side-markers. I do recall reading a post that NA side-markers can be turned-off by VO Coding the FLMs with ECE Type Code.

Do your headlights actually come with side-marker LEDs? See attached pic of the side marker for my left headlight.

If your headlights do come with side-markers, try this quick test (using Launcher/Esys):

1) Edit and save your Factory FA (to keep a copy of your original FA).

2) Edit FA and change Type Code to 5R13 (NA 330i), then save FA to another file name.

3) Load your edited FA and VO Code one of your FLM2 [43 - left, 44 - right] modules. If VO Code completes without generating any errors/warnings and your vehicle does not generate a warning/error, turn-on your headlights and check to see if the VO Coded headlight side-marker is on. If yes, then there is hope...check coded headlight to make sure it functions properly - DRL, HB, turn-signal, etc.

4) If the VO coded headlight appears to be functioning properly, repeat 3) on the 2nd FLM2.

If warnings/errors are generated and/or the side-marker LED does not turn on, then more coding research is required (or your headlights do not have side-marker LEDs).

Larry
Thank you so much! That's very detailed. I'll try and tell you the result.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 12:21 AM   #59
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Has anyone tried coding different ambient colors via bimmercode? I read the posts on how to do it via esys and it sounds complicated for a noob like me. I’d love to code a full red ambient lighting and a red and white instead of lilac and lilac and white.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 04:33 AM   #60
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
sharepointalex's Avatar
101
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: G21 M340i Touring
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Has anyone tried coding different ambient colors via bimmercode? I read the posts on how to do it via esys and it sounds complicated for a noob like me. Iíd love to code a full red ambient lighting and a red and white instead of lilac and lilac and white.
So I've just heard back from bimmercode this morning after messaging them to see if it's possible on a G20 3 series.

Apparently it's coming but no ETA yet on when - I assume they mean coming to 'normal' mode. Maybe it can be done via expert mode but I've got no clue how.

I've read briefly in this thread about how to do it via esys also but it seems too complicated especially if it's coming to bimmercode anyway
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ922.50

      06-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #61
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
303
Rep
403
Posts

Drives: 2020 330i Msport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWaschl View Post
It seems that I physically do not have these side lights?
Anyone looked into changing inner light color on NA cars? Pretty dope
__________________
E36 318ti
E46 320i
E82 135i
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #62
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
So I've just heard back from bimmercode this morning after messaging them to see if it's possible on a G20 3 series.

Apparently it's coming but no ETA yet on when - I assume they mean coming to 'normal' mode. Maybe it can be done via expert mode but I've got no clue how.

I've read briefly in this thread about how to do it via esys also but it seems too complicated especially if it's coming to bimmercode anyway
I hope it comes to bimmercode really soon. The G01 X3 has it as an option in normal mode in bimmercode. But you can only change bronze to another color. I'd rather trade green or lilac instead since I don't use those. Hopefully there's something in expert mode that can make this possible.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #63
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
sharepointalex's Avatar
101
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: G21 M340i Touring
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
I hope it comes to bimmercode really soon. The G01 X3 has it as an option in normal mode in bimmercode. But you can only change bronze to another color. I'd rather trade green or lilac instead since I don't use those. Hopefully there's something in expert mode that can make this possible.
Me too! There must be a way of doing it in expert mode but it would take ages of poking around. Yeah I would agree, I donít use those colours - unless my daughter decides she wants pink which sometimes she insists on!

Iím hoping we can pick two colours, one for the top strip and the other for the footwells like how the blue/white works then we can have proper M lighting with red and blue - Iíve seen this over on X3Bimmers and it looks awesome!
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ922.50

      06-19-2020, 10:12 PM   #64
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Me too! There must be a way of doing it in expert mode but it would take ages of poking around. Yeah I would agree, I donít use those colours - unless my daughter decides she wants pink which sometimes she insists on!

Iím hoping we can pick two colours, one for the top strip and the other for the footwells like how the blue/white works then we can have proper M lighting with red and blue - Iíve seen this over on X3Bimmers and it looks awesome!
Wait. Arenít the footwell lights always white? And if not, I canít believe I didnít notice it till now. Lol

And yes. It would be real nice to have two different colors. Instead of white and whatever other color. It might be possible.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 02:05 AM   #65
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
sharepointalex's Avatar
101
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: G21 M340i Touring
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Wait. Arenít the footwell lights always white? And if not, I canít believe I didnít notice it till now. Lol

And yes. It would be real nice to have two different colors. Instead of white and whatever other color. It might be possible.
They match whatever colour Iíve set, at least Iím pretty certain they do on my M340. See here -

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1565838890
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ922.50

      06-20-2020, 02:12 AM   #66
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
VipinLJ's Avatar
United_States
923
Rep
2,068
Posts

Drives: Ď20 330i,Ď16 X3,Ď18 SQ5,Ď17 A7
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
They match whatever colour I’ve set, at least I’m pretty certain they do on my M340. See here -

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1565838890
Interesting. My ambient light is set to bronze and I don’t drive much at night. So I’ve never noticed what color the footwell lights are. I need to check it out tomorrow.


Edit - Footwell lights are the same color as the ambient light color. I had no idea! Except it's kinda dim. In the photos I've seen here, it looked real bright. Which is probably why I missed it.
__________________
Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 06-22-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST