4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Android Auto

08-14-2020, 03:02 PM   #23
T-NAS93
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i M Sport

So I contacted BMW and told them about an issue I had - which was a light fault I encountered after the update last week.

BMW told me to bring the car in today to have a check, they happily updated the software for me. Surprisingly they serviced the car too.

So now I have Android Auto, to be honest its still early days, the software needs a few more updates for it to run properly and smoothly, certain apps don't function properly.

Nevertheless, I am happy
Attached Images

Last edited by T-NAS93; 08-14-2020 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
themnmd1691.00
hamera441.50
      08-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #24
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Good to know!

I’ve got a horrible knocking under my car, either a ball joint, steering column, who knows!? Sounds like the whole car rattles underneath....... not impressed.

Either way, will get it booked in and hopefully get software sorted the same time
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #25
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
Good to know!

I’ve got a horrible knocking under my car, either a ball joint, steering column, who knows!? Sounds like the whole car rattles underneath....... not impressed.

Either way, will get it booked in and hopefully get software sorted the same time
Have you checked whether your car is one for the recall on the track rod I think it is?
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 05:35 PM   #26
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codez View Post
I don't the Android Auto update on my car yet. Has anyone tried the tweak mentioned in this link to get their phone working? Thought it was at least worth a shot...

https://www.xda-developers.com/wirel...android-phone/
Tried with my huwaei p30 pro. Whilst I could get my phone to connect to the car through the WiFi etc, phone wouldn't switch over to mobile data even with WiFi+ enabled. So none of the in car stuff worked without data connection. Would probably work if I had subscription to BMW Hot-spot but 10 quid for 1gb is insane hah
My car went in for warranty work along with the car not updating its location in connected drive so they updated the software.

I've got the same problem, used the XDA workaround however it's trying to use the car's WiFi data/hotspot connection, wonder if this is the case even with the phones that officially are compatible with wireless Android auto.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #27
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Have you checked whether your car is one for the recall on the track rod I think it is?
Yea, checked recall previously and not showing on mine. However, certainly sounds like I have the issue! Calling them tomorrow.

Assuming still safe to drive tho in general?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 07:24 AM   #28
Codez
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e MSport Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanli722 View Post
My car went in for warranty work along with the car not updating its location in connected drive so they updated the software.

I've got the same problem, used the XDA workaround however it's trying to use the car's WiFi data/hotspot connection, wonder if this is the case even with the phones that officially are compatible with wireless Android auto.
Something else to try?

https://jrklein.com/2019/04/06/using...k-ios-android/

Implies you are just changing things for the Wifi network that you tweak. So only the BMW wifi connection. Hopefully still allows the phone to connect at home etc.

Let me know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
Joedeejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codez View Post
Something else to try?

https://jrklein.com/2019/04/06/using...k-ios-android/

Implies you are just changing things for the Wifi network that you tweak. So only the BMW wifi connection. Hopefully still allows the phone to connect at home etc.

Let me know how it goes
Android Auto needs to be connected to the BMW WiFi to work unfortunately. It utilises the Wifi Direct feature
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #30
T-NAS93
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedeejay View Post
Android Auto needs to be connected to the BMW WiFi to work unfortunately. It utilises the Wifi Direct feature
Having the same problem, very annoying. Even if I'm not using Android Auto and just on the iDrive 7 main menu it will automatically connect not leaving you with any options.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:20 PM   #31
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Mines working now and using the internet from my phone after Android auto trying to pull the internet from the cars hotspot, I can't for the life of me figure out and backtrack to what settings I might have changed to get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #32
hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

I booked the car in and reported few issues.

One real one :

-BMW Connected app not updating. iDrive hard reset helps for couple of days or so

Other two suggested in different thread on this forum :

-internal movement detector and the tilt alarm sensor system cannot be deactivated by pressing the lock button on the key twice

- when revers gear is selected, sporadically no image is displayed

As a result, the car was updated from 07/2019.30 to 07/2020.48

I was expecting them to mention the fact, that I was messing with the software by coding via BimmerCode. They absolutely ignored that. I don't know if they can see it in the system or not. No one said anything about it.

Some pics below :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 01:38 PM   #33
ED_m340i
Rep
Drives: M340i

Android Auto

Android Auto is a blast on g20, connects wirelessly to samsung S10, works seamlessly, only need premium youtube music account
Appreciate 0