Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications First impression on the JB+ on my M340i

12-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #89
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel-It! View Post
Some of the less honest flash tuners will tell you that. But what they don't tell you is that with a flash tune it's not only the ECU you need to worry about. Most people get flagged off the transmission or stability control computers. With a flash tune true torque is stored on each and easy to spot in diagnostics. So even if you swap the ECU or whatever you're still tagged.

It's all just a tradeoff. JB4 is great for what it does but you can't do everything you can with a flash tune. With flash tune on the other hand goodbye warranty and sometimes lease return. A lot of customers decide the JB+ is actually perfect for their needs. 30-40hp gain, $200, 10 second install, and just are happy with that. You have to weigh everything for your own needs.

Again, thank you for the info. There are some people here on the forum that has had no problems. But again there is no guarantee. JB4 would be the safest piggyback with most power potential.

So far, I am very happy with my JB+. I changed the power levels few times and found a sweet spot on 2'o clock position. Mild but effective.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #90
cjpp78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340 lease

Installed the jb+ on the M340 today..Left it at the 3 o'clock position..I can hear and feel turbo picking up lower in rpms now and also nice extra torque thrust once it spools up. This is feeling I was missing from stock M340. I also have 1 gallon of E85 mixed in with 93 pump for 94 octane. With Tc turned off the car will kick the rear out once it hits boost now.haha
Might do a E25 - E30 mix later and turn the jb+ all the way up
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #91
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpp78 View Post
Installed the jb+ on the M340 today..Left it at the 3 o'clock position..I can hear and feel turbo picking up lower in rpms now and also nice extra torque thrust once it spools up. This is feeling I was missing from stock M340. I also have 1 gallon of E85 mixed in with 93 pump for 94 octane. With Tc turned off the car will kick the rear out once it hits boost now.haha
Might do a E25 - E30 mix later and turn the jb+ all the way up
Yes !! Awesome. I think you will enjoy the max boost. Im on it right now and the kick is definitely strongest.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #92
rrfitness20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i

So it safe to mix one gallon of E85 while on JB+?
If so is there a power difference ?
And can the stock fuel system handle it ?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #93
cjpp78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340 lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrfitness20 View Post
So it safe to mix one gallon of E85 while on JB+?
If so is there a power difference ?
And can the stock fuel system handle it ?
Burger tunning told me that I should be able to max jb+ out with a E30 mix...I have the jb+ on at the 4 o'clock position and a E26 mix in the tank.. runs strong..The built in boost gauge is showing 20psi..I know this is not an accurate reading because the DME is being fooled by jb+
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 01:14 PM   #94
rockblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340i Pride View Post
Greetings everyone, hope all is well.

Only difficult part in the install would be to initial unlatching/unhooking of the air MAF sensor. Its on the right side of the engine if you are standing in front looking at the engine (so its on the LEFT side of the engine if you were driving)

There is a bigger, more visible cable hookup in the front middle of the engine, right next to it, but that isn't it. I almost went for it, but by looking at it, it is apparent that the JB+ ends aren't big enough to hook up to those.

The smaller, less significant sized air MAF sensor is to the right of that. Hopefully this can save you some trouble finding it.

The video that is on burger motorsports uses a 430i, and it is NOT how M340i engine bay looks so hope this helps.

First, it is much better if you remove the engine cover, very easy to do.

A small precision type flat screw will work the best to loosen up the map sensor. It is kind of a pain to get to the rear of sensor map though.

First, loosen up the latch that is on the top of the sensor (a white plastic part) by putting the screw in between the crack and gently turning them. It will open with a distinct snap. Then you have to stand and lean over on the front left tire (as a driver would see it) to get to the rear part, and there isn't a lot of room nor a good visual.

It is hidden underneath and therefore not easy, but find the bottom gap of the sensor and gently press up while simultaneously pulling the front MAF sensor away from each other.

Be GENTLE. there are several pieces all tied together in a sort of a plastic holder. Put too much pressure and things could definitely break. I tried this few times but it was stuck. I just gently kept at it and it finally came loose.

But I say once you get it, it will be easier and easier. I cannot stress enough, be gentle with the tools and the pull. Don't scratch or poke anything around it too much, or snap anything and the dealership will instantly notice that you were messing with it.

Then its like i said, EEEZ. Only one way to put the JB+ in. How you want to tuck it away is up to you... But you have to tuck it away in the small space, or the engine bay cover won't close snug.

I suggest to find a way to tuck it away while minimizing any twisting or bending of the JB+ cable. In another words, have them stay neutral as possibly can because it will stay there for a long time (until maintenance to the dealership ha) Less stress on the cables, less chance of inner cords being affected in any way.
Hi - do you have any installation pics with sensor connected and where you tucked the JB+?
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #95
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockblock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M340i Pride View Post
Greetings everyone, hope all is well.

Only difficult part in the install would be to initial unlatching/unhooking of the air MAF sensor. Its on the right side of the engine if you are standing in front looking at the engine (so its on the LEFT side of the engine if you were driving)

There is a bigger, more visible cable hookup in the front middle of the engine, right next to it, but that isn't it. I almost went for it, but by looking at it, it is apparent that the JB+ ends aren't big enough to hook up to those.

The smaller, less significant sized air MAF sensor is to the right of that. Hopefully this can save you some trouble finding it.

The video that is on burger motorsports uses a 430i, and it is NOT how M340i engine bay looks so hope this helps.

First, it is much better if you remove the engine cover, very easy to do.

A small precision type flat screw will work the best to loosen up the map sensor. It is kind of a pain to get to the rear of sensor map though.

First, loosen up the latch that is on the top of the sensor (a white plastic part) by putting the screw in between the crack and gently turning them. It will open with a distinct snap. Then you have to stand and lean over on the front left tire (as a driver would see it) to get to the rear part, and there isn't a lot of room nor a good visual.

It is hidden underneath and therefore not easy, but find the bottom gap of the sensor and gently press up while simultaneously pulling the front MAF sensor away from each other.

Be GENTLE. there are several pieces all tied together in a sort of a plastic holder. Put too much pressure and things could definitely break. I tried this few times but it was stuck. I just gently kept at it and it finally came loose.

But I say once you get it, it will be easier and easier. I cannot stress enough, be gentle with the tools and the pull. Don't scratch or poke anything around it too much, or snap anything and the dealership will instantly notice that you were messing with it.

Then its like i said, EEEZ. Only one way to put the JB+ in. How you want to tuck it away is up to you... But you have to tuck it away in the small space, or the engine bay cover won't close snug.

I suggest to find a way to tuck it away while minimizing any twisting or bending of the JB+ cable. In another words, have them stay neutral as possibly can because it will stay there for a long time (until maintenance to the dealership ha) Less stress on the cables, less chance of inner cords being affected in any way.
Hi - do you have any installation pics with sensor connected and where you tucked the JB+?
Hello. I didn't take any pics at the time. If you do it, it won't be difficult to see where to tuck it in.... right under the space beneath the rails. If I could take one, ill post it here later.
Appreciate 0