Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Pictures of my M440 which came in last week

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #23
dfc1996
New Member
43
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2021 M440
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Some additional pics per the request which show off wheels and color when in the sun. I also attached my order configuration and hopefully this comes through okay. Not sure about any M performance parts add ons as most seem to be just carbon fiber related and car really looks nice as built. I didn't think the package that included the laser lights was needed given the lights that come standard nor worth the additional spend. My two cents anyway....
Attached Images
   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf m440 build.pdf (305.4 KB, 34 views)
Appreciate 4
A/J26.00
joca97.00

      11-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #24
A/J
Private First Class
A/J's Avatar
United Kingdom
26
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: G22 M440I on order
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

looks amazing - i have similar spec coming in December excited
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
7633
Rep
24,940
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

looks sharp, I like the red M brakes, they really pop with that color
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #26
bimmermann88
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: BMW F15
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Rochester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc1996 View Post
Some additional pics per the request which show off wheels and color when in the sun. I also attached my order configuration and hopefully this comes through okay. Not sure about any M performance parts add ons as most seem to be just carbon fiber related and car really looks nice as built. I didn't think the package that included the laser lights was needed given the lights that come standard nor worth the additional spend. My two cents anyway....
Is that the devit gray in the sun?! I like it much better in the shade. it looks like a light brown or gold. Thanks for posting. I'll look at the black or tanzanite.

Last edited by bimmermann88; 11-07-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #27
obscurehero
Private
18
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: for fun
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

dfc1996 That's my dealer... Any reason you went up here to Milwaukee to order? They had decent pricing and I ended up ordering through them, but just curious about your process.

Are you getting all-weather mats for this? I've just made it a rule to get them with all the salt and snow up here...

I agree on the laser lights, gesture control, and adaptive suspension. Not really worth the extra cost.
__________________
2021 M340i xDrive - On Order
2016 340i xDrive, M Sport - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #28
oz555
First Lieutenant
oz555's Avatar
249
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 420d Gran Coupe M sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Nice color I wonder do I need laser headlights or those standard lights are good enough. Are those standard LED or adaptive LED? How good is low beam light?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 09:25 PM   #29
JTYAMSHAYIN
Private
29
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: North Cal

iTrader: (0)

Nice, noticed you had ventilated seats.

So strange that they are an option on the 4 series but not on the 3.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #30
obscurehero
Private
18
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: for fun
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
Nice color I wonder do I need laser headlights or those standard lights are good enough. Are those standard LED or adaptive LED? How good is low beam light?
Laser lights are good. Standard are great too. Unless you're out in the sticks, you'll find it tough to really use them to their full potential. For me, it was $1200 for gesture control and laser lights and I couldn't justify the cost.
Appreciate 1
oz555248.50

      11-09-2020, 09:51 AM   #31
oz555
First Lieutenant
oz555's Avatar
249
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: 420d Gran Coupe M sport
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
Nice color I wonder do I need laser headlights or those standard lights are good enough. Are those standard LED or adaptive LED? How good is low beam light?
Laser lights are good. Standard are great too. Unless you're out in the sticks, you'll find it tough to really use them to their full potential. For me, it was $1200 for gesture control and laser lights and I couldn't justify the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurehero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz555 View Post
Nice color I wonder do I need laser headlights or those standard lights are good enough. Are those standard LED or adaptive LED? How good is low beam light?
Laser lights are good. Standard are great too. Unless you're out in the sticks, you'll find it tough to really use them to their full potential. For me, it was $1200 for gesture control and laser lights and I couldn't justify the cost.
Gesture controls are more than useless. I would pay not to have it. However my current car (F36 with standard xenon lights) has terrible low beam light. Literally 50m light range with low beam. Very dangerous to drive at night. That's why I'm interesting in standard lights on G22. To spend or not to spend 1500€ on laser lights
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:55 PM   #32
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
IND-Distribution's Avatar
United_States
4612
Rep
7,047
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Congratulations! Love the color. Lets get some painted reflectors on it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:27 PM   #33
dfc1996
New Member
43
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2021 M440
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Bought all BMWs from Tony in the Milwaukee dealer who takes good care of me when I order and turn in the cars. I will definitely get rubber winter mats but can't seem to find the OEM versions yet. Ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #34
dfc1996
New Member
43
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2021 M440
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Sorry for additional posts on questions. It is Dravit which the gold metallic only shows in bright sun light. I've had numerous compliments on the color and the wheel combo. The LED lights work great and might miss the value in paying for 1200 for the laser lights but understand there is more to that package. Had the car for few weeks now and it is definitely fast and drives a bit "larger" than the my 2018 440GC. It does dive into corners extremely well and really sticks to the road even though can shut of DSC if you want to let the car drift. I do like the exhaust sound but is way different than the performance exhaust on my last car which I can make crackle/pop with easy down shift - it was almost too loud if thats possible. Really enjoying the car so far!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 06:53 PM   #35
obscurehero
Private
18
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: for fun
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc1996 View Post
Sorry for additional posts on questions. It is Dravit which the gold metallic only shows in bright sun light. I've had numerous compliments on the color and the wheel combo. The LED lights work great and might miss the value in paying for 1200 for the laser lights but understand there is more to that package. Had the car for few weeks now and it is definitely fast and drives a bit "larger" than the my 2018 440GC. It does dive into corners extremely well and really sticks to the road even though can shut of DSC if you want to let the car drift. I do like the exhaust sound but is way different than the performance exhaust on my last car which I can make crackle/pop with easy down shift - it was almost too loud if thats possible. Really enjoying the car so far!!!
How would you say it handles? C&D did not have great things to say about it.

That said, I also didn't get the laser lights. Didn't seem worth the extra $1200 for lights I'd barely use and gesture control that seems like a major gimmick. Natural to feel conflicted, but I think you made the right calls in the right areas.

I might regret getting the Mineral Grey Metallic instead of the Dravit Grey. It looks so good!
__________________
2021 M340i xDrive - On Order
2016 340i xDrive, M Sport - Retired
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST