Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 2020 M340i Braking Issues

07-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #23
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Yeah I can't imagine being stuck in a place where there's only 1 dealership and they're crappy.

Get her dropped off ASAP and let us know what you figure out!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 11:28 AM   #24
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Yeah I can't imagine being stuck in a place where there's only 1 dealership and they're crappy.

I decided to give my dealer another chance before I take things further, so I brought it in for service and I'm already regretting it.

They asked me where my original floor mats were, probably trying to see if there were burns on them as well, and they are pretty resistant to fix the carpet saying its a 1200 part.

Then they said my rim was bent, which I have insurance for but still. I think the rim is fine, and they said they already made the claim. This would be my 3rd claim since I bought the car and I dont like how they just went ahead and made another one.

My dealer said there is a recall on the CV joints, but another dealer I booked with is saying there is a recall on the track rods which is strange that they are so close together but not the same part, so which is it?

They are still resistant to just replace braking components, and they said they will just trim and reshape the existing pads, wouldn't that just damage the integrity of the pad and decrease the life span of the pad?

With all they said is wrong, bent rim, messed up front suspension, steering issue, they want me to bring the loaner back today until the parts arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #25
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVlnStud View Post
Quote:

I decided to give my dealer another chance before I take things further, so I brought it in for service and I'm already regretting it.

They asked me where my original floor mats were, probably trying to see if there were burns on them as well, and they are pretty resistant to fix the carpet saying its a 1200 part.

Then they said my rim was bent, which I have insurance for but still. I think the rim is fine, and they said they already made the claim. This would be my 3rd claim since I bought the car and I dont like how they just went ahead and made another one.

My dealer said there is a recall on the CV joints, but another dealer I booked with is saying there is a recall on the track rods which is strange that they are so close together but not the same part, so which is it?

They are still resistant to just replace braking components, and they said they will just trim and reshape the existing pads, wouldn't that just damage the integrity of the pad and decrease the life span of the pad?

With all they said is wrong, bent rim, messed up front suspension, steering issue, they want me to bring the loaner back today until the parts arrive.
Wow sounds like a nightmare. Why are they making you bring back the loaner? Tell them you'll hang onto the loaner for as long as it takes them to fix your car.

If they don't turn things around then you may need to lemon it. Maybe try the other dealership before going that route tho?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #26
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow sounds like a nightmare. Why are they making you bring back the loaner? Tell them you'll hang onto the loaner for as long as it takes them to fix your car.

If they don't turn things around then you may need to lemon it. Maybe try the other dealership before going that route tho?
They changed the system and now they charge daily for a loaner here. Pinching pennies every which way they can.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #27
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Wow I haven't heard of them charging on a daily basis for loaners- especially when a brand new car is having mechanical issues which isn't the owners fault...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #28
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow I haven't heard of them charging on a daily basis for loaners- especially when a brand new car is having mechanical issues which isn't the owners fault...
I know, it makes no sense.

Last edited by DanVlnStud; 07-29-2020 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #29
Thatm340
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVlnStud View Post
I went to pick up my car and showed one of the mechanics the problem ina few seconds just pulling out of the driveway, and he instantly said they would inspect the issue another day. Got a call from the SA and he said it was completely normal, and I should call BMW Canada about the issue if I want. When I got the car back, about a quarter tank of my gas was gone and they put about 50km on my speedometer. This is Parkview BMW, wtf! I'm about to make videos about the issues.
Parkview in my opinion is the last bmw dealership id go to on planet earth. They dont take care of there customer!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #30
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
2100 miles no break issues on my M340i. knock on wood. in fact they are great
Update, 20k miles no issues
Appreciate 1
EXE462097.00
      02-01-2022, 08:01 PM   #31
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Any update on this? I think my 330i has this too.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 02:21 PM   #32
aquamaster
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: G02 3.0d Xdrive

Garage List
Hi guys.

My G20 2019 ( 19.000 km) seemed to behave very well until recently when I've start getting a knock when steering left, almost at the end of the race but only on Reverse and never in Drive?!
I was waiting for the three years brake fluid service replacement according with service book and went to service to try to solve both things.

I do have the 2VL-variable steering and as well 2NH -M Sport brakes.

As soon as I start driving out from workshop the ESP light start blinking and car lost power so bad that I couldn't drive anymore uphill. On low speed the car behave normal but braking from 100km/h or higher feels very unsafe. I feel that I press so hard but almost without effect. I did returned the car to them, I think they've vent them or something like that and guess what, again ESP was flushing when leaving the workshop. I am not happy with that and returned the car again. I have a replacement G20 wagon with standard brakes and same engine. These brakes are performing better than my actual faulty M Sport following fluid replacement.

Could you point or help me with any info that I can do in this situation please?!

LE: The steering box has been replaced but it is not performing well (as for the brakes ), since she is not coming back to straight direction after a curve, an electric failure according to the workshop, but where from since the steering box is brand new? Now I'm stuck with the replacement car until Monday the earliest...weird.

Last edited by aquamaster; 03-04-2022 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0