Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Aircon Issues

02-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #1
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Aircon Issues

So I noticed yesterday that the left front side and centre air vents don't seem to be blowing any air anymore, only the driver and drive right vents.

I have tried various settings and temperature but has made no difference at all. I did think it odd that my car takes a while to cool down however this may be why?

Any one else experienced this or do I have something faulty going on
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 02:34 AM   #2
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Whoa. No, have not...
Is it the same whether using remote ventilate Vs in car knobs?
What about the rear vents
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
clipz85
Rep
Drives: g20

Wow i just experienced something similar googled this thread, car is exactly one year old. Im driving a 330i G20

From day one :

1. Aircond not very cold (i drive setting set to max blue)

2.Sometimes when you start the car, turn on the aircond. It turns off immediately...gotta turn it on back again. Then its fine. (Happened few a times)

3. For the first time earlier, started the car and turned on the aircond ....aircond display works fine. But no air seems to be coming out from any vents. No error messages whatsoever. Drove a short distance with the window down. Parked it. Handled business. Came back to the car much later everything seems fine again.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:43 AM   #4
vortechvr6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G82 M4 Competition

Same thing happened to my 2019 bmw g20 330i. Ac display was normal. But no air at all vent holes. No error messages too. Parked it. Lock the door. Wait 5 minutes then started the car...ac worked normal...so weird. I heard that the service bmw will recode or something to the car'scomputer.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
I experienced something similar....only once....and a short time after the software update.
It was a hot day (34C) and the car did not seem to be cooling as I had become accustomed to, so I turned the AC down from 22 to 18C, and increased the fan speed. However, it still seemed warmer in the car than I would have expected.
I then fiddled with the different settings with regard to where the flow is directed, but this did not seem to make much difference.
Next time I drove the car, I set the AC to auto (temp setting 22C, fan medium) and everything worked exactly as it should.
I’m perplexed!
      11-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

I have not had any major issues.

I've found it takes the computer a bit of time sometimes to 'get sorted' and decide what kind of air it wants to blow. Overall its worked pretty well on hot days once its in its groove.

Compared to other cars I have had the system in AUTO likes to spread the air through the dash top, face level and floor vents at once so that air is not blown in your face. Almost every other car I've driven tends to favour the face level vents.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #7
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I experienced something similar....only once....and a short time after the software update.
It was a hot day (34C) and the car did not seem to be cooling as I had become accustomed to, so I turned the AC down from 22 to 18C, and increased the fan speed. However, it still seemed warmer in the car than I would have expected.
I then fiddled with the different settings with regard to where the flow is directed, but this did not seem to make much difference.
Next time I drove the car, I set the AC to auto (temp setting 22C, fan medium) and everything worked exactly as it should.
I’m perplexed!
@SteveAus -
That's what exactly happened to me as well. This is after the update I noticed sometimes when I have the AC on now and it's not cold if you switch it to auto it will cool it down again.. weird think this is something for next service for them to investigate why.. hope they have a permanent solution for this or next firmware update fix
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #8
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Had a strange experience a couple of weeks ago.
Coolish day, around 21C, bright sunshine, no clouds, four people in the car.
The AC a did not work on the half hour drive to lunch and the inside of the car became warm, even though I turned the temp down to 18C and turned up the fan speed.
On the way back from lunch, same thing happened. This time, I hit the the AC Max button for a few minutes. This seemed to kick start the system and I turned off the AC Max button and set the AC to Auto and 22C. I haven’t had a problem since.
I’m wondering if this issue was instigated by the new 03/21 software update and the car has to “learn” again. A similar thing happened to my rear PDC sensors every time I have a software update.
After a software update I can’t back out of my house on the coast as it has a steep driveway and the car thinks it’s going to “ground” on the road. After some persistence (slowly moving forwards and backwards) the problem cleared itself and the PDCs do not come on anymore.
Again, this looks like a learning process that the car is going through.
      07-22-2021, 06:53 AM   #9
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
So I noticed yesterday that the left front side and centre air vents don't seem to be blowing any air anymore, only the driver and drive right vents.

I have tried various settings and temperature but has made no difference at all. I did think it odd that my car takes a while to cool down however this may be why?

Any one else experienced this or do I have something faulty going on
Did you even get this resolved and do you know what the issue was?
I’ve got the same problem now. I get no chilled air from the right hand side vents (drivers side for me in the UK) even on max AC. The left hand vents do get cold but that’s not great for the driver!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 01:51 PM   #10
peter34
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

OMG, you are so many here with the same problem as me. It seems it became a habit for my BMW X6 to experience difficulties with AC. It pissed me off every three months until I found these guys from https://www.airconservicing.org/why-choose-us/ that solved my problem in five minutes. The air was stuck inside because of the old filters, and the vents did not have the power to work. So much fuss, almost for nothing, haha. But I did it! Guys, the problem can be with pipes, strainers, belts, compressors, or condensers. Just do a check and save your time!

Last edited by peter34; 08-14-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 04:28 PM   #11
Monkey5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 230 , '19 330 msport

for the past couple of weeks on my 19 330. The air volume coming out of the vents was extremely low even with the fan all the way up. It took a little investigating, but I finally found the problem. the fresh air door located under the plastic at the base of the windshield was not opening. I opened it enough to get some air flow till I can get the dealer to fix the issue.
anybody else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 01:09 PM   #12
suspiration
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey5 View Post
for the past couple of weeks on my 19 330. The air volume coming out of the vents was extremely low even with the fan all the way up. It took a little investigating, but I finally found the problem. the fresh air door located under the plastic at the base of the windshield was not opening. I opened it enough to get some air flow till I can get the dealer to fix the issue.
anybody else experience this?
I'm having the same issue where the air volume coming out of the vents are low but the fan is all the way up and very loud. Monkey5 can you share more info on where this fresh air door is located, is it in the engine bay? Did the dealer figured out what the issue is?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #13
Monkey5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 230 , '19 330 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspiration View Post
I'm having the same issue where the air volume coming out of the vents are low but the fan is all the way up and very loud. Monkey5 can you share more info on where this fresh air door is located, is it in the engine bay? Did the dealer figured out what the issue is?
I did find out what the issue was. the servo that operates the fresh air door was not working properly. that door is located under the plastic at the base of the windshield. then you need to remove a plastic mesh (3) t20 i believe and then you can manually move the door.
Since my can is still under warranty it was repaired at the dealer. its not a simple motor replacement. they replace the complete hvac unit. A dash out repair. took them a week to complete.
Appreciate 0