Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA First Scheduled Service

11-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

First Scheduled Service

Hi All,
I just wanted to confirm is this is true? If you open your app and check when your first require service
Is due at 15000 km or 1 year from your car
Apparently when I called this counter will move down as your current mileage + in my case 8000 it should equal 15k for first service can anyone else confirm thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Not sure if I understand you correctly vlo238 but yes the counter decreases so it tells you how many kms to go until service required.
So you would be due for a service once you have driven another 8000km or when you hit april 2021 - whichever comes first
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Not sure if I understand you correctly vlo238 but yes the counter decreases so it tells you how many kms to go until service required.
So you would be due for a service once you have driven another 8000km or when you hit april 2021 - whichever comes first
My first service is due in 8000KM (I'm currently at 7000KM). Engine oil in 2021!

Has anyone had any experience asking BMW to change the oil at the first service when the computer technically says no need? I mean I have BSI basic but I'm happy to pay.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the concept of a BMW having oil in it that is more than 20,000 KM old.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 10:06 PM   #4
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
@NoSUV4Me - hey that's correct thanks for validating it. I was shocked I needed a first service due at 8000km. Yes first arrive is due at 15000. So the counter keeps counting down as you drive to hit your next service
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Quote:
My first service is due in 8000KM (I'm currently at 7000KM). Engine oil in 2021!

Has anyone had any experience asking BMW to change the oil at the first service when the computer technically says no need? I mean I have BSI basic but I'm happy to pay.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the concept of a BMW having oil in it that is more than 20,000 KM old.
You can pay for an interim oil service if you want to. When I lived in Sydney, Trivetts and BMW Sydney used to call me to sell an interim oil service. It's not a bad idea if you spend half your life on the M2 in stop start traffic.
When I returned to NZ, I asked my dealer about an interim oil service and he had no idea what I was on about.. He said the condition based service indicator is good enough.. just don't let it become overdue.
I guess the Sydney dealers saw it as a money making opportunity.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #6
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
You can pay for an interim oil service if you want to. When I lived in Sydney, Trivetts and BMW Sydney used to call me to sell an interim oil service. It's not a bad idea if you spend half your life on the M2 in stop start traffic.
When I returned to NZ, I asked my dealer about an interim oil service and he had no idea what I was on about.. He said the condition based service indicator is good enough.. just don't let it become overdue.
Yeah, I think I'll just pay for the oil change. I might get it done at 10,000.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 02:00 AM   #7
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it's a small price to pay for your peace of mind.
You have got me thinking...I'm going to get my M340i oil changed early. It's done 12000km and says not due for another 9000km...but I have a 4500km road trip in January so I'll give it a pre roadtrip treat.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:

I have the BMW 5 year servicing plan, but I have always had an oil change every year. BMW pays for it every two years and I pay for it in the in between years.
I do this for my own peace of mind. And I do this for all three cars that I own. Call me old fashioned but I believe oil is like butter, it goes off after a while.
I have heard somewhere that the M340iX may have an issue with using oil at a slightly greater than normal rate, so I will definitely get an oil change at my first service in April and pay for it myself.
      11-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

I always performed oil changes and oil filters at 15k k's or 12 months on my previous BMW's and will continue with this as well. Oil and oil filter are not expensive.
I have the 5 year service included in my contract as well but the extra oil service is not included.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 04:02 AM   #10
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I have the BMW 5 year servicing plan, but I have always had an oil change every year. BMW pays for it every two years and I pay for it in the in between years.
I do this for my own peace of mind. And I do this for all three cars that I own. Call me old fashioned but I believe oil is like butter, it goes off after a while.
Hi Steve, do you take your car to BMW and just ask them to do an extra change without impacting the standard schedule, or do you go to a 3rd party?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #11
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Hi Steve, do you take your car to BMW and just ask them to do an extra change without impacting the standard schedule, or do you go to a 3rd party?
I get the additional oil change at the BMW Dealer.
And I ask them to not reset the time code on the scheduled 2 year service, so that it appears as it normally would do if the additional oil change had not occurred.
If you do this yourself, make sure they change only the oil and oil filter. On one occasion they changed a micro filter at a ridiculous charge of around $200. This is normal in a 2 year service, at BMW’s expense, but is not necessary for the additional oil change.
In my case, I was working overseas and only travelled around 5000 km per year, hence, I didn’t need any major servicing annually or bi-annually.
      11-24-2020, 04:34 AM   #12
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I get the additional oil change at the BMW Dealer.
And I ask them to not reset the time code on the scheduled 2 year service, so that it appears as it normally would do if the additional oil change had not occurred.
If you do this yourself, make sure they change only the oil and oil filter. On one occasion they changed a micro filter at a ridiculous charge of around $200. This is normal in a 2 year service, at BMW’s expense, but is not necessary for the additional oil change.
In my case, I was working overseas and only travelled around 5000 km per year, hence, I didn’t need any major servicing annually or bi-annually.
This is exactly what I intend to do. No way am I going more than 12 months without an oil change. It's a high performance machine for gods sake!
Appreciate 2