Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Stop Sale Tracking

10-13-2022, 11:42 AM   #23
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Jahre & 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galex999 View Post
This morning my 330e status has changed to "In Transit"! Even about a hour ago it was "At The Port".

Not sure if the "In Transit" means the car has arrived at USA and being transported either by train or truck... Anyway, I'm so glad it finally got out of "Ready for Transport" which it was for last couple weeks.

Can't wait to see it in the Northern California dealership soon. I'll post more updates soon.
just a heads up, it won't leave the port VPC until the software update is released. They would rather do it in mass at the center than the dealers. You're likely on a boat "in transit" right now.
Can you call Genius and they should have your boat information if thats the case.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #24
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galex999 View Post
This morning my 330e status has changed to "In Transit"! Even about a hour ago it was "At The Port".

Not sure if the "In Transit" means the car has arrived at USA and being transported either by train or truck... Anyway, I'm so glad it finally got out of "Ready for Transport" which it was for last couple weeks.

Can't wait to see it in the Northern California dealership soon. I'll post more updates soon.
Usually the process is:
At the port-Mexico port
In transit-Ship to US
At the port-US port/VPC
In transit-Delivery to dealership

So you will see it go backwards
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 04:38 PM   #25
sttlondon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizeej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sttlondon View Post
Mine is in the same status. It never got to the port in Mexico from what i can tell. My SA says ill see it by early November. When i called, Bmw genius does not have any more information than what we already know.
just a FYI, mine never showed in the port at Mexico either. It said "ready for transit" the entire time (a week and a half) then moved to "in transit" 2 days AFTER I was already on a boat. Then the very next day it showed I was "at the Port" and Genius confirmed I was in Galveston at the VPC.

You're likely just waiting for a boat but even if you are on one, it takes 2 days to update the tracker for some reason. The genius didn't know I was at the port when I was still showing "ready for transit" they can only see so much I guess.
Mine is on a boat called Grand Champion headed for Brunswick as of today. Genius gave me the ship name so i googled it.
Appreciate 1
sizeej282.00
      10-13-2022, 09:44 PM   #26
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdotjpeg View Post
I heard nearly all of the stop sales were lifted around Friday, except for the 330e's. I know somebody who took delivery of an M340 over the weekend so I would for sure have them check at your dealer as you might be good to go now if it was on the lot.
are you used to idrive8 yet?
Very used to it now. The interaction with CarPlay and the instrument cluster is great and even better than ID7. I'm also used to my old 2 series screen which this new center screen is around the size of 4 of those put together. Still trying to find the best way to access setting menus but the shortcuts from the drag down at the top work good for common apps. Did you get your m340 yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 11:03 PM   #27
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
Did you get your m340 yet?
yup
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-13-2022, 11:49 PM   #28
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayze View Post
Quote:
Did you get your m340 yet?
yup
Looks great!
Appreciate 1
mondayze495.00
      10-13-2022, 11:57 PM   #29
bkpavement
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5 (Rental)

Was excited to see my 330e skip like 6 steps this morning and show up “In transit”. Called Genius to make sure and they confirmed I’m on the Grand Legacy arriving on Oct 18 (I’m taking delivery in the Los Angeles area).

Asked about the stop sale and she was helpful. Explained that they’ve cleared the stop sale on all vehicles EXCEPT for the 330e (because of course) and it’s affecting vehicles up to the October 4 production date. Apparently the issue is that the rear view cam is not showing the full image and it’s cropped or something like that.

She said there is no fix and it’ll be held at the VPC, but it’s a simple software update so once they code the damn thing it should be pretty quick.

I’m thinking earliest I can expect it is 2 weeks and that’s a big if on whether or not they can get the update by then.
Appreciate 2
sizeej282.00
      10-14-2022, 07:17 AM   #30
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkpavement View Post
Was excited to see my 330e skip like 6 steps this morning and show up “In transit”. Called Genius to make sure and they confirmed I’m on the Grand Legacy arriving on Oct 18 (I’m taking delivery in the Los Angeles area).
That's great news! There were consistent reports yesterday that Genius was telling people the Legacy was taking a detour to the East Coast and wouldn't arrive in Port Hueneme until mid-November. It didn't make sense to anyone, and many of us assumed Genius was working with outdated information.

Quote:
Asked about the stop sale and she was helpful. Explained that they’ve cleared the stop sale on all vehicles EXCEPT for the 330e (because of course) and it’s affecting vehicles up to the October 4 production date. Apparently the issue is that the rear view cam is not showing the full image and it’s cropped or something like that.
She probably should have said "at least through the October 4th production date." The current recall notice probably lists Oct 4, and then says something like "VINs are being added daily." My car had a production date of 10/11/22, and is listed as part of the recall.

All in all, great news! Sounds like one of the more helpful Genius agents.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 10:16 AM   #31
Zell2k1
Private
Rep

Quote:

She said there is no fix and it’ll be held at the VPC, but it’s a simple software update so once they code the damn thing it should be pretty quick.

I’m thinking earliest I can expect it is 2 weeks and that’s a big if on whether or not they can get the update by then.
Just came to say that our cars are on the same carrier. Mine is destined for Fresno.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 11:09 AM   #32
Zell2k1
Private
Rep

Regarding the software issue with the rearview camera, why couldn’t they just use the codes from previous 330e iterations. Is it because of the new Idrive 8 that makes it incompatible ? I’m not in IT so was just wondering if this is the case.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 12:43 PM   #33
muwlshuai
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

looks like there is no new update regarding the 330e stop sale this week
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #34
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

I know BMW is not giving any updates to the stop sale but using the link below and entering your VIN helped other models find out that the stop sale was removed. I believe it is the most current update to the stop sale and they were able to pick up their cars right away. Just a little tool if you are tracking the stop sale daily, like me

https://www.bmw.at/de/footer/quick-l...-aktionen.html
Appreciate 1
sizeej282.00
      10-14-2022, 01:55 PM   #35
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
I know BMW is not giving any updates to the stop sale but using the link below and entering your VIN helped other models find out that the stop sale was removed. I believe it is the most current update to the stop sale and they were able to pick up their cars right away. Just a little tool if you are tracking the stop sale daily, like me

https://www.bmw.at/de/footer/quick-l...-aktionen.html
I'm just waiting for you to let us know that something has changed.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 03:03 PM   #36
ROGER L
Rep
Drives: 330e

STILL IN THE DEALER AFTER SINCE SEPT 23

at the dealer on SEPT 20

TRYING TO PICKUP ON SEPT 23, but that car is dead in there/.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #37
GUR1985PREET
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell2k1 View Post
Just came to say that our cars are on the same carrier. Mine is destined for Fresno.
+1 to the same boat. Eagerly waiting in Bay Area.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 09:31 PM   #38
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER L View Post
STILL IN THE DEALER AFTER SINCE SEPT 23

at the dealer on SEPT 20

TRYING TO PICKUP ON SEPT 23, but that car is dead in there/.
Same here, sitting over 2 weeks in the dealership. Nothing to do but bother the dealership weekly for some sort of update.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 02:22 AM   #39
RizG20
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i

Quote:
Yo me to! Except I went through a broker, so mine will get trucked up to Chico before getting trucked back down to Fresno.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 09:37 AM   #40
Zell2k1
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizG20 View Post
Yo me to! Except I went through a broker, so mine will get trucked up to Chico before getting trucked back down to Fresno.
Nice! Maybe we’ll see each other on the road

I have to drive to Visalia because BMW Fresno didn’t have an allocation at the time I ordered.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 09:52 AM   #41
RizG20
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i

Quote:
Nice! Maybe we’ll see each other on the road

I have to drive to Visalia because BMW Fresno didn’t have an allocation at the time I ordered.
Just curious, what kinda deal did Visalia get you? My broker told me everyone local was asking 2-4k over msrp. Which is why I ended up at Chico since they were willing to do msrp.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #42
Zell2k1
Private
Rep

I’m assuming MSRP since my SA hasn’t mentioned anything about a price mark up. I thought that it’s illegal to adjust price on a pre-order vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 02:25 PM   #43
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Its crazy how dealerships are marking up msrp for these vehicles. I got mines at msrp.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #44
tracythorne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 850 GC

So . . . the original stop sale was for a batch of vehicles produced between August 24, 2001 and September 24, 2022.

If my car was just built (October 2022), does the stop sale still apply? Seems hard to believe they have a solution for October cars but not retroactive for September cars, but maybe its a combination of components and software? any thoughts?
Appreciate 0