Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Radio Paradise & CarPlay

10-12-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
VictorRomeo
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e

Radio Paradise & CarPlay

Thought I'd share this in case some of you are not aware of it - it's been on my mind to share for a while now in fact.

I've been listening to Radio Paradise for years now at hope and streamed via Tune In. For me, its mix of ad-free music is just perfect. It's like they access my Spotify account and built a playlist of music I just love. I actually rarely use Spotify when driving as I love the mix.

Anyways, they have their own dedicated app now and it works through carplay. What's great about their own app is that you can stream is a wide range of bitrates - from basic 128kmp3 right up to lossless FLAC or ALAC on Apple. Meaning excellent quality.

They also have 4 discrete channels - their regular, world music, a relaxed channel and hard rock.

So that's all really - enjoy it.
Appreciate 2
Xsapper230.00
      10-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
Xsapper
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
That's great and thanks for the tip.
Just had a listen in my car on the highest quality and it sounds fantastic via HK. Do you know if you can default to a certain channel like Rock?

Thanks

sounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorRomeo View Post
Thought I'd share this in case some of you are not aware of it - it's been on my mind to share for a while now in fact.

I've been listening to Radio Paradise for years now at hope and streamed via Tune In. For me, its mix of ad-free music is just perfect. It's like they access my Spotify account and built a playlist of music I just love. I actually rarely use Spotify when driving as I love the mix.

Anyways, they have their own dedicated app now and it works through carplay. What's great about their own app is that you can stream is a wide range of bitrates - from basic 128kmp3 right up to lossless FLAC or ALAC on Apple. Meaning excellent quality.

They also have 4 discrete channels - their regular, world music, a relaxed channel and hard rock.

So that's all really - enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 02:36 AM   #3
VictorRomeo
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsapper View Post
That's great and thanks for the tip.
Just had a listen in my car on the highest quality and it sounds fantastic via HK. Do you know if you can default to a certain channel like Rock?

Thanks

sounds
I only ever really play the main mix and if that's the last think I was on when I was in the car last, it defaults to that when I get back in. But do let me know your experience with it. Also, go to their site as they have a fantastic forum where you can look for answers and make suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Great tip, thank you so much!
I used to listen to the RP quite some time ago, today I gave it a shot via CarPlay and it's still excellent

BTW, should I create an account?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #5
VictorRomeo
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi123 View Post
Great tip, thank you so much!
I used to listen to the RP quite some time ago, today I gave it a shot via CarPlay and it's still excellent

BTW, should I create an account?
You don't need an account to play, just to participate on the forum or should you want to donate. They have an annual fundraiser - summer time I think and usually chuck a few $$ their way given the pleasure and use I get from their service.

Oh, one other neat tip - you can skip tracks! Well one track ahead anyway.

Finally, they get their name from where they originally set up - Paradise, CA. The town that was utterly destroyed a couple of years ago. They did move elsewhere before the fire, but kept the name...
Appreciate 0