Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Spotted G20 3 Series out and about!

10-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #155
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchWolf34 View Post
The forum exists to hold conversation and opinion. The obnoxious behavior isn't someone liking or disliking the design of the car. The obnoxious behavior is people coming in and telling the folks that they need to "stop saying this or that" or "be quiet and move along." THAT is what was meant when I said I wasn't sure why people are defending it.

Consumer opinion can influence these designs. That's what bitching about it accomplishes. It has equal value to the comments from people who somehow think this is well designed 3 series.

What purpose does a forum have if people don't communicate their opinions? Furthermore, if you think that people disliking a design that you had no personal hand in developing is pissing in your cornflakes then I suggest you utilize Google Images or a news article without comment sections to get your info...

Yes conversation can be good.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, just don't expect anyone to really care about it. And opinion is not useful information really.

Pissing in someone's cornflakes is in reference to muddling the enjoyment of others who are enthusiastic. This is an enthusiasts forum no? Enthusiasm and bitching are opposites no? It just adds so little value if any and I assure you that it will bring absolutely no change from BMW.

Keep in mind that constructive criticism is not the same as bitching and complaining and that we are conversing not directly to BMW but with other forum members. Yes I know BMW monitors the forum from time to time but this conversation has no affect on them.

Also none of the opinions here really matter to BMW as we are a very small % of their market. Profits do matter, however, and that's why they now have front wheel drive vehicles when they once advertised that it would never happen. Not my type of cereal, but you will never see me on the X1 or X2 forms bitching about front wheel drive, transversely mounted engines and interrupting the enjoyment of those who like these type of vehicles. Do you really think if I did it would have an impact on BMW. Not at all! It just muddles the enjoyment of the enthusiasts on those threads as complaining here does. And what a waste of time, as I suspect this post was.
The title of the thread has nothing to do with information about the car. it is a pic of the car out and about. So people are here to indicate what they like and dislike of the new design and what they think. What is wrong with that? Rayers is the only one who you can tell was real annoying and trolling. Others just voiced their opinion positive or negative.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #156
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
The title of the thread has nothing to do with information about the car. it is a pic of the car out and about. So people are here to indicate what they like and dislike of the new design and what they think. What is wrong with that? Rayers is the only one who you can tell was real annoying and trolling. Others just voiced their opinion positive or negative.

I have no problem with opinion, just defining the value in response to his last paragraph. Nor do I have any issue with constructive criticism.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #157
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchWolf34 View Post
Quote:
Sure its OK for people to not like it. But - Not sure why some people come in here and care to bitch about this car either. Not sure what bitching about it accomplishes.

If I didn't like it I would look for something else and move on letting the enthusiasts for this model enjoy the threads where information is shared for those interested. No need to piss in someone else's cornflakes just because you prefer cheerios.
The forum exists to hold conversation and opinion. The obnoxious behavior isn't someone liking or disliking the design of the car. The obnoxious behavior is people coming in and telling the folks that they need to "stop saying this or that" or "be quiet and move along." THAT is what was meant when I said I wasn't sure why people are defending it.

Consumer opinion can influence these designs. That's what bitching about it accomplishes. It has equal value to the comments from people who somehow think this is well designed 3 series.

What purpose does a forum have if people don't communicate their opinions? Furthermore, if you think that people disliking a design that you had no personal hand in developing is pissing in your cornflakes then I suggest you utilize Google Images or a news article without comment sections to get your info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Exactly. Fuckwits have nothing better to do than repeat every other comment like it's the first time it's been mentioned.

If you don't like the car, put simply, fuck right off. Leave the thread to those who like and want to know more about it.
How old are you? Your posts make me think you're not even old enough to drive...
Haha of course.

The point I wanted to make was that for those that don't immediately dislike the car, this thread could be good to get info on it without the repeated comments and comparisons to <insert brand here>.

Much of what is in this car will come to other models so getting a first look is useful all round as well.

As it stands, the thread is just rehashing comments and opinions as if that poster is highly original - I sincerely apologise for wanting an informative thread, rather than a repetitive one.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #158
Billyblonco
Rep
Drives: 335i 2015

q50

gives me a q50 red sport vibe
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #159
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Hard pass from me. I’ll wait for g80 or lci model. 3 inches may not seem like a lot but the car increasing in size sucks. Looks like it’s m2 comp or Porsche after this f80
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #160
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Yes conversation can be good.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, just don't expect anyone to really care about it. And opinion is not useful information really, its just an opinion.
Well, everyone express an opinion, positive or negative. If someone really doesn't care, then there will be no comment about that opinion.
You might not find opinions useful, but many people do.

Quote:
This is an enthusiasts forum no? Enthusiasm and bitching are opposites no?
It just adds so little value if any and I assure you that it will bring absolutely no change from BMW.

Keep in mind that constructive criticism is not the same as bitching and complaining and that we are conversing not directly to BMW but with other forum members. Yes I know BMW monitors the forum from time to time but this conversation has no affect on them.

Also none of the opinions here really matter to BMW as we are a very small % of their market.
Yes, it does. There are examples when BMW made changes due to enthusiast input. You see what I did here? Enthusiast. Yes, a negative opinion is still an enthusiastic one.

Quote:
Not my type of cereal, but you will never see me on the X1 or X2 forms bitching about front wheel drive, transversely mounted engines and interrupting the enjoyment of those who like these type of vehicles. .
What you don't realize is that everyone is here because of the main page article, not because they intentionally came on the G20 forum.

Last edited by Teutonic; 10-10-2018 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #161
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Nice. Probably thought it was a Lexus because a) it's a sedan and b) the color is actually really close to the Lexus GS's Ultrasonic Blue Mica:

For a brighter blue, I like this particular shade of blue quite a bit. Not too boy racer, but still pretty sporty and fun.
And the Coupe resembles a Mustang, can't win.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #162
derritterauskanada
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 VW GTi

Every time I see the car I like it more, I can't wait to see one in person, especially in wagon form, but I like what I am seeing so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #163
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

zero chance Ill be upgrading to G20
will likely skip the M340i and hope they don't screw up the G80
the grill really sux
and the rims are meh.. BMWs usually have better rims than other makes
not this time around
the rear is starting to sour on me as well..
the new lights haven't soured on me yet
but the grill sux
not a car I'd want to own
from the way BMW works I suppose theyre gonna go this line with the F80
and give it a horrendous grill as well
time to look hard at Alphas I guess
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #164
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
I actually think this is the first nice looking bmw after the e46 (which is still king). Why?
1) e90 pre LCI had the worst grill of any bmw for me. Post LCI they fixed it. I owned both versions.
2) e90 pre LCI taillights were horrendous.got better with LCI but the car never looked wide from the rear like the e46 and the e36 did.
3) f30 just looked too generic. It was a disappointment cos the f10 was so nice looking and the f30 looked like a light and cheaper version of it and not a tighter and sportier version (if it had to look like it). LCI didnt really move anything forward.
4) the new g20 front looks to be really nice and sporty in both m sport and reg trims. The car looks wide and low as aggressive and elegant at the same time. The width reminds me slightly of Audi but the design elements are still bmw although more complex with creases.
5) the rear is the sleekest and widest and sportiest looking all bmws in the lineup. And it has led before LCI!
6) I thought I would never say this but something about the new Hofmeister Kink and how it's pulled back beyond the door frame into the c piller is the key part. It is clear they changed the proportions of the 3 from past and borrowed some proportions from the 4gc. It looks so well done and makes the side profile the best In The segment tor me. I will always miss the original Hofmeister but this change is huge and I think it will age well.
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 1
kbNO61.50
      10-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #165
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
...time to look hard at Alphas I guess
Especially, the nameplate!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2
hans007604.50
sahajesh2294.00
      10-10-2018, 01:39 AM   #166
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
I have to say at the moment I think it's absolutely ugly as F. But I did the exact same thing when I have seen my first F30 on the road, it was a basic spec and it was horrible.

I think once we see some G20s in the flesh our opinions will change.

I have had every three 3 series from the E46 and two F30s the E90 was fantastic and still looks good. I'm gutted that the new M340i will be x-drive only.

Every Mercedes minus the A & B class are truly stunning inside and outside, I feel they are leading the design however they do date extremely quickly. The C63s Coupe is one beautiful car!
The c63s coupe is a beautiful car? I'm not certain that you're being completely serious here. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fun to take one for a drive, but only under the cover of night to lessen the odds that someone might see me in it .
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #167
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
2) e90 pre LCI taillights were horrendous
I had one. I thought it looked it anime eyes: >_<. It was indeed horrendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
5) the rear is the sleekest and widest and sportiest looking all bmws in the lineup. And it has led before LCI!
6) I thought I would never say this but something about the new Hofmeister Kink and how it's pulled back beyond the door frame into the c piller is the key part. It is clear they changed the proportions of the 3 from past and borrowed some proportions from the 4gc. It looks so well done and makes the side profile the best In The segment tor me. I will always miss the original Hofmeister but this change is huge and I think it will age well.
Agreed on both points. The E90/F30 rear view look too skinny. And the F32 GC looks athletic while my F30 looks frumpy. If I didn't get such a good deal I wouldn't be driving this thing.

I just noticed that what makes the F32 side view so attractive to me is the wedge shape of the rear doors. It kind of mirrors the Hofmeister kink. I wish G20 looked like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
The c63s coupe is a beautiful car? I'm not certain that you're being completely serious here. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fun to take one for a drive, but only under the cover of night to lessen the odds that someone might see me in it :D.
Just drive it around with the swirly camo tape on it :p
Attached Images

Last edited by praxis218; 10-10-2018 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
Fuller1216.50
      10-10-2018, 02:25 AM   #168
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
the grill really sux
not this time around
but the grill sux
"Alfas", as in Alfa Romeo? As long as you only plan to look at them. Getting one to start on a consistent basis might be a challenge...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:06 AM   #169
LeandroScott
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: My car is a e82 BMW 123d

Why they cover the bmw symbols ?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 06:48 AM   #170
TodmordenLad
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Not very flattering pics, IMO
The surround of the front grilles looks pretty wide in these pics, which I don't like. Looks like it's been installed from a 5 and not reproportioned
The rear quarter has a real C class look to it from certain angles - bulbous and cut off - as many have pointed out, which I don't like
Hopefully a lot better in the metal and it will doubtless sell very well as it'll be better to drive than anything comparable from Audi, Jaguar and MB
      10-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #171
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
"Alfas", as in Alfa Romeo? As long as you only plan to look at them. Getting one to start on a consistent basis might be a challenge...
By the time I'm in the market hopefully they'll have things ironed out a bit
not a big fan of the G20 visual design at this point
goofy grill
Japanese rear end
miniature 5-series
further and further departure from those striking round angel eyes
nice paint job tho
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #172
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

I am sorry, but I think this by far wins the ugliest BMW design.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #173
lazyninja87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i SportLine

Fugly... Who thought this was a good idea?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #174
dreme
Dreme
Spain
Rep
Drives: skoda fabia

https://youtu.be/e-HiNMgVuzs

Maybe you can change your opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 05:47 AM   #175
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayers1997 View Post
The fact that you think this Is a masterpiece, raises huge questions about your judgment
I'm quite sure he's looking around for a fuck to give, and coming up gratifyingly empty!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 05:51 AM   #176
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
the grill really sux
not this time around
but the grill sux
Along with the "Alpha" don't forget to pick up several oil pans for the driveway . Seriously, lovely-looking car but they're still not there with the reliability.

The lights are too Lexus-like in detail for me too (or I could use stupid, internet-only language, like MASSIVE FAIL BMW WILL DIE LOLOLOLOL!!!111oneone) and the chrome grille is very cheesy, although the fisheye photograph may be responsible for some of that. But I like the general shape. Not sure about the double-Hofmeister kink though.
Appreciate 0