Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Speed Limit Info Package

02-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
youngsandwich
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i xDrive

Speed Limit Info Package

Hi all, can anyone confirm what option/package gives you speed limit info? My m340xi touring is already ordered but my sales guy not so confidently told me I needed the driving assistant package to get it, which I wasn't willing to pay for (it's like 1200 here). I was just going to deal with it but after noticing my friend's older, fairly base model m135 has the feature it made me hopeful that my sales guy was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

I can't tell you for sure which package brings it, however I can tell you that I don't have the driving assistance package, for obvious reasons I'd say, and I do have have speed limit info, and it's not navi based, like older models, but it's camera scanned.
If I had to guess I'd say it's part of the Connected drive plus/professional package.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2021, 05:29 AM   #3
youngsandwich
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostNixon View Post
I can't tell you for sure which package brings it, however I can tell you that I don't have the driving assistance package, for obvious reasons I'd say, and I do have have speed limit info, and it's not navi based, like older models, but it's camera scanned.
If I had to guess I'd say it's part of the Connected drive plus/professional package.
Thanks, that's encouraging. I do have the connected drive pro package plus a few other options that could be vaguely related (like adaptive cruise).
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 05:52 AM   #4
Spenc91
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e G20

I have a G20 330e M Sport with no additional packages and the car does have the speed limit info. Use's the camera's as per post above.

I know it's a different model so may be different
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #5
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsandwich View Post
Hi all, can anyone confirm what option/package gives you speed limit info? My m340xi touring is already ordered but my sales guy not so confidently told me I needed the driving assistant package to get it, which I wasn't willing to pay for (it's like 1200 here). I was just going to deal with it but after noticing my friend's older, fairly base model m135 has the feature it made me hopeful that my sales guy was wrong.
In my M340i X-drive it's in Driving Assistant Professional and is 05AU on the build sheet. might not be in the same package in all markets though
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 12:15 AM   #6
youngsandwich
Private
Rep

In case anyone needs this info in the future: I picked up my car last night and I indeed have the speed limit info on the dash (not on the iDrive screen). Here are the (at least I think) relevant options I have:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0