Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Build Status Tracking- 2023 M340i LCI

08-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #89
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypatil46 View Post
This moved from 'Scheduled for Production' to 'Order Received' as well.
What are the first 3 #'s in your production #?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #90
ajaypatil46
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayze View Post
Quote:
This moved from 'Scheduled for Production' to 'Order Received' as well.
What are the first 3 #'s in your production #?
      08-05-2022, 06:50 PM   #91
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I wonder what the cut off of production #'s is that wont be delayed. My 703 hasnt swapped back yet... fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:16 PM   #92
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

I also just got put back onto "order received" status. After I had just called BMW genius yesterday when they confirmed a week 34 production week.

I guess that's no longer accurate lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:19 PM   #93
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Im tracking my actual build and one build that I canceled. My actual build prod # starting with 703 has stayed in Schedule for Production. My old build that has prod # starting with 707 has been sent back to Order Received. Whats the first 3 #s of your prod #?
My build is a 703, and reverted back. Don't count on that one going through either anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:36 PM   #94
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
My build is a 703, and reverted back. Don't count on that one going through either anytime soon.
Don't put your bad juju on me man...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #95
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NJ View Post
My car is stuck in final assembly at this time. Should be done this week according to Genius. Ordered a second car for my sister and stuck in 150 at the moment.
Any movement?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:08 PM   #96
Aenti
Private
Rep
Drives: Future BMW M340i

Quote:
Im tracking my actual build and one build that I canceled. My actual build prod # starting with 703 has stayed in Schedule for Production. My old build that has prod # starting with 707 has been sent back to Order Received. Whats the first 3 #s of your prod #?
Starting with 703.

Honestly pretty sick of bmw right now. I’m super happy the folks in this forum are ordering and getting their models into production. But 6 months no production start is driving me insane. And my CA is just making up bullshit like “all m340is are being made in Germany now”
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:15 PM   #97
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenti View Post
Starting with 703.

Honestly pretty sick of bmw right now. I’m super happy the folks in this forum are ordering and getting their models into production. But 6 months no production start is driving me insane. And my CA is just making up bullshit like “all m340is are being made in Germany now”
I wonder where he got that information. When did you place your order?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:16 PM   #98
Aenti
Private
Rep

Quote:
I wonder where he got that information. When did you place your order?
It’s bs tbh, my car is fairly standard but with almost every option. No reason for it to be made in Germany.

I placed the order early February. Words cannot express how disappointed I am with BMW right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:22 PM   #99
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It’s bs tbh, my car is fairly standard but with almost every option. No reason for it to be made in Germany.

I placed the order early February. Words cannot express how disappointed I am with BMW right now.
You placed your order early February? Yikes... I really dont think they will be produced in Germany, but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:27 PM   #100
Aenti
Private
Rep

Quote:
You placed your order early February? Yikes... I really dont think they will be produced in Germany, but who knows.
They’re not man, I wouldn’t give him any credit. He’s just trying to appease me because I expressed an interest to cancel the order.

I’ve wanted this car for years so it kinda sucks to be put through the ringer. I hope yours gets through to production quickly! I’m sure the first drive (and every other) will be insanely fun

I’m going to wait on my order but I placed an order for an S5 in mid July as well. Apparently that starts production in a week or two. Hoping bmw comes through first but who knows at this point
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:31 PM   #101
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Starting with 703.

Interesting. I don't believe that is true. At least for North American models, the vast majority of 3 series if not all (m340i included) come from the San Luis Potosi Mexico plant. My SA explicitly told me that's how they are doing it now, and from what I know, that makes sense. I believe very little NA 3 series production happens in Germany. Just like how I believe basically all X series are produced globally at the US plant in Spartanburg, SC.

In fact, to my knowledge, the NA 3 series hasn't been built in large quantities in Germany for a long time. Before the San Luis Potosi plant, they were assembled in South Africa. My E90 328i xDrive was built in South Africa for reference. Pretty sure what your CA is saying is wrong. It doesn't make sense, BMW's NA production supply chain would most likely not allow for large amount of NA 3 series to be made in Germany.

Last edited by TheMaxXHD; 08-05-2022 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:44 PM   #102
Aenti
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
Interesting. I don't believe that is true. At least for North American models, the vast majority of 3 series if not all (m340i included) come from the San Luis Potosi Mexico plant. My SA explicitly told me that's how they are doing it now, and from what I know, that makes sense. I believe very little NA 3 series production happens in Germany. Just like how I believe basically all X series are produced globally at the US plant in Spartanburg, SC.

In fact, to my knowledge, the NA 3 series hasn't been built in large quantities in Germany for a long time. Before the San Luis Potosi plant, they were assembled in South Africa. My E90 328i xDrive was built in South Africa for reference. Pretty sure what your CA is saying is wrong. It doesn't make sense, BMW's NA production supply chain would most likely not allow for large amount of NA 3 series to be made in Germany.
You’re totally right man and don’t worry, I didn’t believe it when he said it either. He was just blowing smoke up my ass because I told him it’s pretty unacceptable to see orders get place in June and hit production already when I ordered in February.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 11:45 PM   #103
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You’re totally right man and don’t worry, I didn’t believe it when he said it either. He was just blowing smoke up my ass because I told him it’s pretty unacceptable to see orders get place in June and hit production already when I ordered in February.
Do we know if the Mexico plant is 24/7 manufacturing?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 06:14 AM   #104
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do we know if the Mexico plant is 24/7 manufacturing?
Could be wrong, but not 24/7. Not sure about overnight, but I don’t believe they work Sunday’s.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 10:28 AM   #105
StanWins
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i xDrive

I placed my Order on July 16th. Still says Order Received. Everyone else seems to be getting scheduled for production within 1 to 5 days. Seems odd.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 11:27 AM   #106
Aenti
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWins View Post
I placed my Order on July 16th. Still says Order Received. Everyone else seems to be getting scheduled for production within 1 to 5 days. Seems odd.
Results may vary. 1-5 days for scheduled for production will depend on if your dealership has an allocation. Sounds like yours didn’t. In that case, you’d be potentially updated in the following month if they got an allocation. Contact your CA and see if they even had one to begin with
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #107
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Results may vary. 1-5 days for scheduled for production will depend on if your dealership has an allocation. Sounds like yours didn’t. In that case, you’d be potentially updated in the following month if they got an allocation. Contact your CA and see if they even had one to begin with
"Order Received" means there is an allocation. It just hasnt been scheduled for production yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #108
mondayze
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It all depends on the allocation the dealer attached to your build. Some dealerships got earlier build dates on their allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #109
StanWins
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
I appreciate the input from you and everyone else. I believe they told me they did, but a small allocation. If it turns out they didn't should I cancel and order from a different dealership? This is my first BMW and honestly the process has been awful. Almost all the dealerships didn't even know that the three series were being built in Mexico this year and special color paint orders were not available on the 3 series this year because they are being built in Mexico. Also seems like bad business to determine production order based on dealership allocation rather than customer order date.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 02:29 PM   #110
Aenti
Private
Rep

Quote:
I appreciate the input from you and everyone else. I believe they told me they did, but a small allocation. If it turns out they didn't should I cancel and order from a different dealership? This is my first BMW and honestly the process has been awful. Almost all the dealerships didn't even know that the three series were being built in Mexico this year and special color paint orders were not available on the 3 series this year because they are being built in Mexico. Also seems like bad business to determine production order based on dealership allocation rather than customer order date.
Hey so I was technically wrong. If you have an order received and a production number then you have an allocation. Sorry for the mistake. It was early and I was tired.

That being said you can call bmw genius and get your production week with your production number. That will give you a better idea of when it is. I’m sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it gets better. When your car goes into production is fully luck of the draw it seems. Some people like Frank are already in production. Others like myself and Tron are 6 months in waiting for production to start. Good luck man

Last edited by Aenti; 08-06-2022 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0