Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Deals on New M340i?

09-16-2023, 11:33 AM   #1
BandwidthBandanna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i - Portimao Blue

Post Deals on New M340i?

I am in the market for a used M340i but hav been thinking of possibly going new. Are there any deals or discounts on a new M340i? I am looking at used but the price difference seems very minimal between used and new. I was originally looking at 2021 or 2022 (found some 2022 that were not fully decontented besides passenger lumbar) but I am now seeing 2023's coming in for 57k - 60k.

Also, as someone who is buying a car for the first time, how do I approach this subject of deals/discounts on custom order or soon to be delivered vehicles to sell on the lot?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 12:48 PM   #2
drac
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C|340|M340

Garage List
I was in the same predicament. But after a lot of research, spending an extra $10k on a new M340 was worth the warranty, new car, peace of mind, etc. Also, just the fact that M340s are pretty hard to find for a spec you like. After some haggling, I was able to get a loyalty discount, a financing discount, and an additional $2k discount. It is a matter of contacting many dealers around you and seeing who will give the best offer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 11:00 PM   #3
EnlightenedOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i xDrive

Just bought mine with about $3250 off MSRP. I can't say I'm an expert with BMW purchasing, but my experience with many other cars is that you will have a lot easier time getting a deal for a car that's on the lot that you can buy that day versus one that has to be ordered. Dealers like to move inventory that's on the lot so if you're willing to drive away that same day with something they already have it's easier to negotiate versus you asking for a deal on a special order that might not show up for months.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 06:43 PM   #4
BandwidthBandanna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M340i - Portimao Blue

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
I was in the same predicament. But after a lot of research, spending an extra $10k on a new M340 was worth the warranty, new car, peace of mind, etc. Also, just the fact that M340s are pretty hard to find for a spec you like. After some haggling, I was able to get a loyalty discount, a financing discount, and an additional $2k discount. It is a matter of contacting many dealers around you and seeing who will give the best offer.
I am feeling exactly the same! I have started seeing 2023 5K, decently optioned for 57k. So, it looks promising. Yea, seems the car is missing something i'd like. Harmon Kardon, 360 view parking, not white, under 20k miles is difficult between 2022 - 2023 lol. Yea, I am going to start contacting dealers and seeing if there are any specials on m340i's (if they have any on their lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedOne View Post
Just bought mine with about $3250 off MSRP. I can't say I'm an expert with BMW purchasing, but my experience with many other cars is that you will have a lot easier time getting a deal for a car that's on the lot that you can buy that day versus one that has to be ordered. Dealers like to move inventory that's on the lot so if you're willing to drive away that same day with something they already have it's easier to negotiate versus you asking for a deal on a special order that might not show up for months.
Oh thats good to hear. I gotcha. Yea not sure why, maybe because they are in demand and sell quick but not really any M340i's sitting on the lot and all show "In Production" about to delivered to dealership from bmwusa.com website.

There are 4 dealerships in my area and 2 of them hasn't had any since ive been searching and the 3rd dealership has had higher mileage 30k+ miles. Last dealership is the only dealership that seems to get regular trade ins.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 05:59 AM   #5
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
I picked up my used '23 xDrive in Tanzanite in June for $57 with 9,500 on the clock. Only option it's missing is the Driver Assist Pro, which I really would have wanted, but, the savings was significant enough that I was willing to forego that option.
Appreciate 0